• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |ST| Linkin' Parts (Please Tag All Spoilers)

i've finished the first two shrines, on my way to the third one. very impressed with just how big this first sky island is.

Added a spoiler thread link to the top of the OP, some reviews to the review section, and removed the countdown. Alright, back to Zelda.

I am completely shocked by the level design of the tutorial area. I figured that some parts of the game might have a bit more linearity then BotW, but this is like a region in Skyward Sword.

I can imagine that this game will become very controversial among newer BotW fans who love the freedom of that game, but as a classic Zelda fan I am incredibly happy.
Once I got within reach of the floating platforms I pulled a botw and went off the guided path and ended up exploring in a direction that led to a bunch of dead ends due to missing the 2/3 shrine abilities, it was such an odd experience since that would quite literally never happen in botw

Stables aren't unlocked from the start? wtf? What am I gonna do, go all the way to Kakariko by foot?

Spoiler Guidelines
Hey folks, you’ve all been pretty good so far about keeping spoilers under wraps, but I figured I’d float some general guidelines now that we have a spoiler thread.

Anything that relates to a story event, the solution to a puzzle, or the discovery of something hidden constitutes a spoiler and should be either properly tagged or moved to the spoiler thread, while things like cool vehicle constructs, interesting combat encounters, comments about the general feeling of the game, technical performance, and things like that are fine. Does that seem fair?

The sky islands are so gosh darn beautiful. Screw an inevitable Wind Waker HD port the original still looks better anyway, I'm gonna need Wind Waker REMAKE with these lessons applied.

Embarrassing, but I'm stuck at the toturial.

Can't a way to keep warm. No warm clothes, no heat resistant ingredients.

Create a fire and use wooden weapon to carry it. Or search around, their should be the warm peppers (name slips my mind) somewhere close by.

Locking glider/towers behind the important places you have to visit after you went down from the sky islands is a very, VERY, VERY bad decision.

Not only did I
just spend 30 minutes trying to adjust the god damned aerodynamics of that one Kakariko shrine and dying twice because, apparently, you need to simply use a glider on that final one leap of faith, but I also didn't meet Purah and couldn't unlock the tower from the hands-on preview, the camp nearby was a pretty rough thing to clear for me, but I thought that it's supposed to be like that.
Liberty of BOTW really spoiled me and, not gonna lie, my impression :(

Moving forward, grumping and feeling bitter.

oh my god
A TREE ATTACKED ME ????
That was hilarious

Locking glider/towers behind the important places you have to visit after you went down from the sky islands is a very, VERY, VERY bad decision.

Not only did I
just spend 30 minutes trying to adjust the god damned aerodynamics of that one Kakariko shrine and dying twice because, apparently, you need to simply use a glider on that final one leap of faith, but I also didn't meet Purah and couldn't unlock the tower from the hands-on preview, the camp nearby was a pretty rough thing to clear for me, but I thought that it's supposed to be like that.
Liberty of BOTW really spoiled me and, not gonna lie, my impression :(

Moving forward, grumping and feeling bitter.
I was wondering about this too.

I was also wandering off the main story path and I encountered a shrine that I’m reasonably sure cannot be solved without a paraglider. So I feel like I have to do the main story stuff first before I can really enjoy the open world. It’s not that big a deal with the fast travel, though.

Also noticing the graphical upgrades from BotW. Feels like the people and creatures have better animations?

even though I'd been vaguely spoiled on people being impressed with the depths, I'm really glad I didn't watch any footage....because holy shit lmao.
what a cool game they've made here

I really liked the departure from BOTW with the opening here. Completely on rails for a good 15 minutes, I was surprised. The scene with zombie Ganandorf, or whoever that was, was great and felt like more story and setup than in all of BOTW.

Then they hit you with that title drop... what a sequence.

Had to force myself to pull away at 2:30am after getting through the tutorial area. And now just have to get through a work day..
OIP.5AgvnGmQzXM177DI2GcqDgHaFi

I really liked the departure from BOTW with the opening here. Completely on rails for a good 15 minutes, I was surprised. The scene with zombie Ganandorf, or whoever that was, was great and felt like more story and setup than in all of BOTW.

Then they hit you with that title drop... what a sequence.

Had to force myself to pull away at 2:30am after getting through the tutorial area. And now just have to get through a work day..
OIP.5AgvnGmQzXM177DI2GcqDgHaFi
I feel you. Finally managed to make myself stop playing around 4:30 this morning and had to get up at 8:30 to get ready for work. I don't feel tired, more just ready to get the day over with so I can get back to Hyrule lol.

Was too excited yesterday playing but it just hit me now, but is there no option to change the subtitles language?

This game takes “solve it your own way” to the extreme and I absolutely love it. Already solved multiple puzzles in unintended ways, some of them entirely accidental.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the close map sound effect is exactly the same as the first beep of the Seikah-Slate Shrine sensor from BotW?

Honestly I didn't even notice. Now that you've mentioned it, I'll listen for it next time I look at the map.

The puzzle solving is, and I didn’t think I would say it, leaps ahead of BotW.

In the overworld, I had to reach a treasure chest, so I took a flat stone slab and hovered it on the chest’s level for a while with Ultrahand, dropped it, used Recall to put it back on the hover position, and used Ascend to phase through the slab and reach the chest.

I had to utilise all three abilities in clever ways and make them work together in succession in order to reach the chest. Incredible stuff.

I've been in the tutorial area for like 5h and I wonder if I will find it small like a little garden later on like it happened with the Great Plateau lol I feel like this tutorial alone is an indie game in itself

Y’all

So I landed on the surface near Riverside Stable. Got the directions to heads towards the town and tower near Hyrule Castle, so I went that way, but noted a few shrines. Walking towards one, I come across a Korok pinned to the ground by his backpack, saying he needs to find his friend. “Okay, I’ll do the nearby shrine, go find his friend, do the further away shrine, and THEN I’ll go to the castle town.” Except I notice a cracked wall that leads to a cave, and figure I may as well check that out.
The cave turns out to be freaking huge, with multiple levels, enemies, and resources. I finally reach the end to find what looks like a pink Shinto Shrine and inside is a chest with the

freaking Rubber Armor
. I haven’t even made it to that first shrine on the way to Castle Town, and yet I feel like I sidetracked myself into something that could pass as a first dungeon, complete with interesting exploration, combat, and reward.

The sense of discovery in this game is off the charts.

I was waiting for Dorf to drop a "I've known you jerks for a long time" when Zelda asked him how he knew their names

I found myself wanting to ask Zelda if she was sure about exploring because the atmosphere was definitely making it feel like a really really bad idea.

I found a new korok puzzle I can't solve. I think I need a korok leaf, but I don't know where to find one. Maybe I'll try a fan?

I found myself wanting to ask Zelda if she was sure about exploring because the atmosphere was definitely making it feel like a really really bad idea.

Link was probably pissed wondering why she couldn't find somewhere more chill to stroll around after he just saved her from being trapped as a spirit for 100 years.

GameStop beefed it and my order is expected to come in tomorrow. Only used their store cause of the price error, but at this point I won't bother with them unless the discount is deep

Popped into a cave on the way to Hebra and got my ass handed to me
a cluster of freaking gloom ridden extra aggressive floormasters utterly fucked me up. Went back and sunk all my bomb arrows into them and then uh things escalated

Played ~2 1/2 hours, sublime experience so far.

Amazon delivery service was just here with the package containing the CE, the Pro Controller, the Switch case ... and he didn't want to give it to me.

Apparently, you're supposed to get a 6 digit code from Amazon, that you need to give to the delivery dude.
Problem is just, I didn't get that code? (Checked the app, my inbox and my Spam folder)
And I didn't need one when I got a delivery from them last week?

Showed him my ID, my tracking number, my order number. Still didn't want to give it to me and said that he would be going now if I didn't have the 6 digit number.
Told him "nicely" that he's not leaving with my 200+€ package that I already paid for.

He finally called his supervisor and then couple of minutes later I got a mail with such a 6 digit number.

Ahem, dear Amazon. This is how you make me oder my stuff at Media Markt in the future. They ship with DHL and these don't try to fuck me over.

The new abilities allow much more interesting puzzles and I've only played the game for 2-3 hours. I can't wait for what's next.

The kid is now playing, gotta wait for my turn xD. It's a noisy looking game with that sharpening, might have to tweak my TV settings a bit... Love the refinements to the look otherwise!

PostNL still hasn’t come yet…

This sucks. Normally Nedgame + PostNL are always on time, but getting anxious it will be delayed till tomorrow.

Same here. They're keeping me waiting :rolleyes:
I feel for you both, I got my CE an hour ago (Twente). Hope it comes through for you as well!

Really love this game, especially the temples and how badass Link looks. Ascend is my favorite power, I'm not enough of an egghead to really use the rest.

At work now thinking about ToTK. Left off right before potentially reaching the ground. Can't wait to see what has changed!

There have been a ton of surprises so far, but here is one I haven't seen mentioned (this is not a spoiler if you have seen Aunoma gameplay presentation) :

Once you get something up into the air for the first time, the vista is amazing but wow do you feel vulnerable with the battery mechanic. I was really taken aback at feeling in danger why flying. Am I gonna make it?!?!? Love it.

wait what does Linkin Park have to do with Zelda besides the pun
Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal is a pretty apt description of the gloom/mummydorf/whatever infecting Link's arm and taking away most of his hearts lol

Fuck yes. Just felt like I outsmarted the game (but I probably didn't lol).

This:
Fv8QTMQaYAAdE53

Is how I got into the Hyrule Field Tower. I skipped the entirety of a likely long gauntlet of high-level enemies, and opted instead to make a janky ramp out of some planks and a log. Took me ages to 1) get it so I could actually bring the ramp up there (hence the log) and 2) get the ramp into position for me to climb up. But damn was it worth it. Climbing up then seeing a big enemy that I was supposed to fight just chilling there undisturbed was a treat, to say the least.

This game's so damn good.

Is there any way to unfuse weapons? Had a couple of times now I’ve wanted to fuse something cool but accidentally fused it with a stick that was next to what I actually wanted to fuse.

Quoted by: Leo

Back
Top Bottom