• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |ST| Linkin' Parts (Please Tag All Spoilers)

Taking Friday and Monday off. Honestly though, I'd need to take a few days off for my mental health even if TOTK wasn't coming out. šŸ™ƒ
Monday / Tuesday here. I figured my best hours are 6AM to noon, and wasnā€™t sure Iā€™d be able to get the game before 10AM on the day.

Hopefully I can stay focused on Friday lol

Taking Friday and Monday off. Honestly though, I'd need to take a few days off for my mental health even if TOTK wasn't coming out. šŸ™ƒ
My CE from Walmart is still "preparing" too, no changes in like the last month. So I might need to actually get my backup preorder if it doesnt ship with 1 day shipping like tomorrow.

I donā€™t post very often, but need to do it here. The last days before the launch of the Switch + Botw were legendary, and this is the first NEW Zelda game Iā€™ll be playing with my kids (my eldest was still a baby back then). Theyā€™re almost as hyped as I am, Iā€™ll be playing with them after school on Friday!

Hereā€™s a little anecdote of some pretty neat Zelda design I noticed while we wait for TOTK.

Iā€™ve just finished the 8th dungeon (of the final Zelda game I have yet to beat) Oracle of Ages - the Ancient Tomb.

The boss, Ramrock is the epitome of the Zelda ā€œpuzzleā€ boss. It has 4 phases, each requiring a different item
  • The first phase requires you to play a little sword tennis and shoot the fists he flings at you back at his body
  • the second phase requires bombs to blow him up when he makes an opening to try and crush you
  • the third phase requires your seed shooter To ricochet off a wall to hit him in the back as he puts a shield on his face
  • the fourth phase requires the power glove to pull back his attached arm and let it spring back at him.

But the room before the boss, containing the boss door, is what I found interesting. Canā€™t find an exact screenshot of it, so just scroll down the Zelda Dungeon guide to the part right above the boss fight section.

Itā€™s a seemingly innocuous ā€œpuzzle,ā€ certainly much easier than the rest of the dungeon. Just a matter of clearing some obstacles before the boss door. Oh, and itā€™s one of those puzzles that resets every time you die. So Iā€™m like ā€œthis is so random, why is this even here and why am I doing this every time I die to the boss?ā€ This dungeon put a bunch of linkā€™s items to the test, so it wasnā€™t THAT weird, but still something was just funny about it to me.

Well, letā€™s look at Zelda Dungeonā€™s quick little description of how to get through the room.
Slash the gray crystal in front of the cracked block, then bomb the block and shoot an Ember Seed at the torch to the left of it. Walk across the bridge that appears and toss aside the blue statue to access the boss room door. Head through the door when ready to B3F-A2, the lair of Ramrock.
Notice anything?

This little clearing of obstacles that youā€™re forced to do every time you die to get back to the boss uses the exact order of the items link uses to beat the boss. Almost like a subconscious way of hinting to the player without directly spelling it out.

Anyway, I thought it was super neat, and that Iā€™d share it with yā€™all as we bear this grueling 48 hours together lol

Last edited:
Booked Friday off. Gonna download the game later tonight so I can jump in instantly.

I just hope manage to finish Future Redeemed before then.

I guess it has already been asked several times, but the reviews are today, right?

Normally I buy games physically on the day of release, but for TotK I'm getting it digitally so I can play it Thursday night. I work the night shift, so it's like the game is coming out in the middle of the day for me. My body is ready

3JDw.gif

So close, but still so far. I can't wait anymore. I'm so done with waiting.

Great ST! :) Gonna be the most Yahaha!d post in a while I reckon :p

Im still not feeling the hype. Not cause Iā€™m not hyped. But if I let myself feel the hype Iā€™d probably not get anything done for the next two days lol

Fantastic ST, and the correct title won

Side note I want to see more of the Brewster format for highly anticipated games, real treat that was

The time has come. Almost. Maybe not for me. Depending on where my Copy of the game is right now.

So close...can almost taste the new cartridge.

Also, it appears that the new patch for Totk has applied FSR and people are reporting that the game looks cleaner and has better performance. Need more handheld impressions because that's my primary way of playing.

People have been posting spoilers in Youtube video comments, seems to be random and uncoordinated. Luckily got warned about spoilers in a streamer's videos I like to watch, the subreddit has been warning people (Vinesauce for those curious, not sure why they're being targeted)

as we wait for the kingdom , let me share a story about love between two real brothers in taiwan

A man has fulfilled a touching promise to his late brother who wanted to play the popular ā€˜Legend of Zeldaā€™ game before he passed away. In a post on Chinese social media, the man, known only as Li, revealed that his brother, Li Chung-shou, told him he wanted to play the game in the days before his death from cancer several years ago.

He said: ā€œWhen you knew you could only have palliative treatment, you told me that the last game you wanted to play was ā€˜Zeldaā€™. So I immediately bought a Nintendo Switch and ā€˜Zeldaā€™ and brought it to the hospital. You played all night and said that this game is really great and interesting.ā€

But as his brotherā€™s health deteriorated, he was unable to complete the game. Li made a promise that he would complete the game for him, telling him: ā€œI hope to finish the game for you, and I hope to complete the whole story for you.ā€

Last week, Li posted on Facebook to say he had finally completed the game, accompanied by a photo of the end credits. He said the memories of his brother playing the game in the hospital came flooding back. The post quickly went viral on Chinese social media, receiving over 40,000 likes.

The story has touched the hearts of many gamers worldwide, with some fans even offering to send Li their own ā€˜Legend of Zeldaā€™ memorabilia to show their support. One Redditor said the story was a ā€œbeautiful tributeā€ to Liā€™s brother, while another called it ā€œthe most touching thing Iā€™ve seen on the internet in a long timeā€

translation credits : https://www.gnewswire.org/en/2023/0...late-brother-by-beating-legend-of-zelda-25777

here are the real life pictures of Mr Lee and his late elder brother

many in taiwan were touched by Mr Lee's story and contacted JustDan ( Official Nintendo Distributor in Taiwan )
JustDan marketing dept contacted Mr Lee via FB messenger and says he was touched by the brother's story and will send a copy of TOTK to Mr Lee on launch day May 12th in Taiwan , some stores in Taiwan are doing midnight launch

I tried hard, so very hard not to double-dip. But the strong probability of my Collector Edition pre-order not arriving on time and a combination of a sweat deal on eShop cards + Game Vouchers made me crack. My household is at a 200% attach rate for now šŸ˜…

I just need to see those review numbers. Iā€™m not reading reviews only because I donā€™t want to be spoiled
I ain't reading, watching nor touching a single review. This game is going to be god damn special.

I did the same with Botw, after finishing it, I watched the reviews, I'm glad I avoided them, IGN straight up puts bosses and spoilers all over.

So out of excitement for the game, I wrote and voiced a short scene with Link and Ganondorf. Itā€™s a pre-fight/post-fight scene, mostly all original dialogue aside from the final words of Ganondorf which is from The Wind Waker. Hope itā€™s okay to share it and that you all enjoy it!

I ain't reading, watching nor touching a single review. This game is going to be god damn special.

I did the same with Botw, after finishing it, I watched the reviews, I'm glad I avoided them, IGN straight up puts bosses and spoilers all over.
Yeah Iā€™m surprised so many people want to read reviews especially if youā€™ve avoided spoilers. Theyā€™re going to straight up spoil big parts of the game for you

I want to read a review from someone who has finished Elden Ring
I've read a lot of comments about those who find Elden Ring better than Botw, finds Totk definitely better than Elden ring.
Now from my perspective, Elden ring has nothing todo about what zelda is.
Elden ring is slowpace combat game focussed, while zelda is always been about puzzles. Besides the many other differences. But thats just my oppinion.
I'm also not a fan of piracy. Specially when it comes to a new game.

I've read a lot of comments about those who find Elden Ring better than Botw, finds Totk definitely better than Elden ring.
Now from my perspective, Elden ring has nothing todo about what zelda is.
Elden ring is slowpace combat game focussed, while zelda is always been about puzzles. Besides the many other differences. But thats just my oppinion.
I'm also not a fan of piracy. Specially when it comes to a new game.
Having not finished ER and having not played TotK, all I can say is that statement of x killed y killed z reads more like cult of the new hype where the newest thing is the best ever and kills the old thing. I also find it silly to compare ER to BotW or TotK as ER is very different structurally and mechanically to what Zelda is doing with it's open air games.

Back
Top Bottom