• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth the "backwards falling" pose mentioned in the patent almost certainly refers to simply falling down while facing upwards. I don't think there's any upward falling mentioned.
Ah, I should have been clearer. Falling upwards wasn't so much about the pose, as it is the phasing upwards, the reveal of which, if I recall, involved a drop of water reversing and falling back upwards, a visual that helps cement the concept and ties it together
but I also haven't seen it in quite some time.

Whilst I'm kind of cautious about BotW2 making 2022, there's nothing to really suggest the game will be delayed. Marketing it as a 2022 release so recently at TGA would be such a ballsy move to then announce in two months time it won't make it. This is also coming from the same company that sneakily shifted Animal Crossing from a 2019 release to a 'fiscal year 2019' release shortly before the delay was announced. Obviously it was technically still true but the writing was on the wall at that point. I think Nintendo will do everything they can to avoid a delay for this game.

I can imagine Nintendo not revealing the real name even to beta testers (that i imagine the leaker is).

everything the “leak” said sound pausible.

Damm, i want a new trailer now haha.

Damn the hit with your weapon and it restores health too it is great lol. Also, I said what if this game was like the Mummy with Ganon turning more human from undead. It says it here they’re doing that to him.

I mean at some point stuff will leak for the game. You can’t keep a giant game like this under wraps. BotW had leaks.

This doesn't warrant it's own thread but was there even a consensus about a path in BOTW? I imagine going to Impa and getting to the elephant would be what a lot of people do due to the early quests, but equally you could do that last if you wanted to.

This doesn't warrant it's own thread but was there even a consensus about a path in BOTW? I imagine going to Impa and getting to the elephant would be what a lot of people do due to the early quests, but equally you could do that last if you wanted to.
The game kinda pushed you to Zora Domain at the beginning, but you could've disregarded of you wanted.

The game kinda pushed you to Zora Domain at the beginning, but you could've disregarded of you wanted.
I disregarded
the Zora all telling me to go meet Sidon on a bridge and when I finally got to Zora's Domain he asked me to leave, before realizing I was a Hylian he was looking for.

That's why I'm wondering if there is a "proper" path through it all. Plenty of time for a replay before 2 comes out.

I disregarded
the Zora all telling me to go meet Sidon on a bridge and when I finally got to Zora's Domain he asked me to leave, before realizing I was a Hylian he was looking for.

That's why I'm wondering if there is a "proper" path through it all. Plenty of time for a replay before 2 comes out.
If you meet him at the bridge he just guides you up the river to Zora's Domain. It doesn't play out all that differently.

In general, people agree that the story portions of Zora's Domain and Hebra (Rito Village) as well as their respective divine beasts feel like they were designed for people still acclimating to the game. Zora's Domain is popular to go to first due to its proximity to Kakariko Village and the way the entire surrounding area seems to try to get your attention and send you towards Sidon, who then guides you to Zora's Domain. However, Rito Village/Vah Medoh are agreed to be the easiest of the four, so who's to say which was 'intended'. Death Mountain and Gerudo definitely don't seem like they were intended for beginners though.

Personally, I looked at the map from the collector's edition before playing the game (it's a very vague map lol) and decided I wanted to travel to newer areas first; I settled on going to Hebra and working clockwise, so I did Rito>Goron>Zora>Gerudo. I did Kakariko before beginning that, however (I also nabbed the Master Sword between the Rito and Gorons).

Mmh, a tad 50/50 on it being real or not. The gameplay elements make sense going by what we have seen, specially time manipulation. Since we already saw Link turning back time with the Green Arm thing in the teaser.

That said Green Arm is the power of a Sage would fit with that "Seal Ganon" script coming out of it. Though if Link & Zelda are trying to return him to his prime... that would probably mean Ganondorf is alive in the state we see him in the trailer, probably sealed by the "Sage" in the Calamity of 10,000 years ago. Which explains why Ganon took 10,000 years to return, the Calamity was sealed at its source... and alive to prevent it to incarnating in the next centennial Gerudo Male. A situation thay may be just a taaad too dark for Nintendo.

Mmh, a tad 50/50 on it being real or not. The gameplay elements make sense going by what we have seen, specially time manipulation. Since we already saw Link turning back time with the Green Arm thing in the teaser.

That said Green Arm is the power of a Sage would fit with that "Seal Ganon" script coming out of it. Though if Link & Zelda are trying to return him to his prime... that would probably mean Ganondorf is alive in the state we see him in the trailer, probably sealed by the "Sage" in the Calamity of 10,000 years ago. Which explains why Ganon took 10,000 years to return, the Calamity was sealed at its source... and alive to prevent it to incarnating in the next centennial Gerudo Male. A situation thay may be just a taaad too dark for Nintendo.
Eh; they've sealed Ganondorf for extended periods of time in plenty of games. I think that's something they'd willingly do but brush over.

Eh; they've sealed Ganondorf for extended periods of time in plenty of games. I think that's something they'd willingly do but brush over.
Not exactly referring to the time, but the method. We are looking at the possibility a live Ganondorf got his Malice contained and left to rot in the cave where Zelda & Link find him. Ocarina of Time sealed him in the Void but conscious, Twilight Princess had a clean attempt at execution, and Wind Waker quickly made him into stone. Though here?

If the leak were to be true, then a living Ganondorf has been rotting away in that cave. The cycle was artificially stopped by putting the most recent incarnation of the Calamity in a living stasis. The dark implications of the OoT Shadow Temple would pretty be confirmed, especially as that is doubtfully Ganondorf I/OoT Ganondorf.

Definitely skeptical, but all of that sounds pretty good to me.

Except this - “Mostly the same enemies with some “evolutions”, music is still simple but sounds out of tune”

This sounds like dog shit.

Edit: to be clear, more BotW style of music is very welcome. “Out of tune” just doesn’t sound right

Except this - “Mostly the same enemies with some “evolutions”, music is still simple but sounds out of tune”

This sounds like dog shit.

Edit: to be clear, more BotW style of music is very welcome. “Out of tune” just doesn’t sound right
If you read the 4chan post instead of basing it on the paraphrased summary, you'll see he says "sounds weird, like it's out of tune or something"

Which sounds like a reasonable description of "mildly dissonant music" if the supposed leaker is not a musician

If you read the 4chan post instead of basing it on the paraphrased summary, you'll see he says "sounds weird, like it's out of tune or something"

Which sounds like a reasonable description of "mildly dissonant music" if the supposed leaker is not a musician
this is actually one of the oddities that I think lends it some credence

if it's fake the faker is at least familiar with characteristics of real leaks

Yeah, it's well done if it's fake. There's been plenty of well done fakes in the past so that wouldn't be surprising, but there's several small details that aren't the most obvious thing to think of but totally gel with what we've seen do far.

If real, the worst part is that it’s “mostly the same” enemies. Enemie variety (well lack thereof) was among BotW’s biggest problems and something that really should be fixed here.

I feel like the Zelda team is known for taking criticism very seriously - possibly even to the point of overcorrecting at times.

It would be weird if one of the biggest most glaring criticisms of BOTW was basically pushed aside as not important.

If real, the worst part is that it’s “mostly the same” enemies. Enemie variety (well lack thereof) was among BotW’s biggest problems and something that really should be fixed here.

It’s the main reason I think it’s fake. I do expect to see every enemy return with variants, as that’s just sensible reuse - but there’s near zero chance that it’s “mostly the same.”

It’s not far fetched to assume we’ve been shown basically nothing of the game. using a few variants from the original would be an easy choice for a trailer when trying to avoid spoiling content.

Edit: With how long they’ve been working on it, I expect new enemies as well as deep cuts from the franchise making a return.

Last edited:
Everything sounds great other than the enemies. Really hope there’s more variety. So glad that it sounds like traditional dungeons are back!

Also, I know a lot of people don’t care about this aspect, but I really hope that they backtrack on it not having an official place on the timeline and place it somewhere. It seriously hurt my enjoyment of the first game as part of the fun for me was trying to solve its placement while playing the game. Disappointed when they said awhile after that it didn’t really have a place when Aunoma had been teasing its placement in interviews prior to the game’s release.

So yeah, hope they change their mind about this.

Also, I know a lot of people don’t care about this aspect, but I really hope that they backtrack on it not having an official place on the timeline and place it somewhere. It seriously hurt my enjoyment of the first game as part of the fun for me was trying to solve its placement while playing the game. Disappointed when they said awhile after that it didn’t really have a place when Aunoma had been teasing its placement in interviews prior to the game’s release.

So yeah, hope they change their mind about this.
there isn't really a place for it because it features elements from conflicting timelines iirc

there isn't really a place for it because it features elements from conflicting timelines iirc

Yes. There were a lot of different elements and such that made it confusing as to where it could take place. I’d be completely satisfied if they just came out and said it was a convergence of the timelines because of such and such. In fact, I kind of wonder if maybe they’re leading to something like that if this rumor is true about different dimensions, Ocarina of Time references, and the game having a big focus on time mechanics.

If this guy got to actually play the game for maybe a couple of hours or something then he would’ve answered questions in first person more, I.e. “I fought x new enemy...I thought the music sounded out of tune...I read there were 6 temples, etc...” I don’t think this is real, but maybe it is, a lot of people on 4chan never talk in 1st person, but most of that stuff does turn out to be fake.

But the leaker’s very first answer seems weird. Someone asks what happens to the Master Sword and the leaker wrote that Link returns it to Korok forest and then the forest goes into the sky on an island. Does that make plot sense though? Link and Zelda go see Ganondorf at the bottom of the castle and Link has the Master Sword, then Zelda falls in a hole, and Ganondorf raises Hyrule Castle, so Link and his new arm rush to the forest to put the sword back while the world goes to hell? Idk.

Last edited:
"Reason for not having the Master Sword is that Link returned it to the KorokForest, which is now floating in the sky"

lul

Noticias-y-rumores-min.jpeg

"Reason for not having the Master Sword is that Link returned it to the KorokForest, which is now floating in the sky"

lul

Noticias-y-rumores-min.jpeg

Well it sounds weird without context. Clearly he has it here, but doesn’t have it in footage from the second trailer, right? So where did it go? Not saying the leaker is right, but not saying he is wrong either. There could have been any number of reasons for why Link HAD to return it. Context matters which we don’t have.

The only way to defend this would be if Link needed to put the sword in the pedestal to charge its divine power.

There clearly is precedent for this. In the Expansion pass to unlock the Sword's power you needed to put it back on the pedestal to do the trial. Something like can work. And when Link does it, Ganondorf does his thing to elevate it and/or seal it.

Well it sounds weird without context. Clearly he has it here, but doesn’t have it in footage from the second trailer, right? So where did it go? Not saying the leaker is right, but not saying he is wrong either. There could have been any number of reasons for why Link HAD to return it. Context matters which we don’t have.
Reason 1 being that green arm. Until we know what it is, we can't be sure it is an entirely good entity. Which would have Link unable to use the sword, because of how evil cannot touch the blade.

Playable Zelda would make so many people happy. It's possible the music may sound dissonant due to the time reversal theme. Loving the ideas, they're certainly creative if it's not real.

I just can’t give credence to any leak that lists all these features but doesn’t even know what the title is, even if what’s listed sounds really cool.

That 4chan post feels a little bit too much like a checklist of stuff that people have wished for and speculated about based on the first two trailers. Some of it sounds good, some of it not so much.

Also, do yourself a favour and don't read the comments in the thread. "is there wokeness in the game?" lmfao

It’s the main reason I think it’s fake. I do expect to see every enemy return with variants, as that’s just sensible reuse - but there’s near zero chance that it’s “mostly the same.”

It’s not far fetched to assume we’ve been shown basically nothing of the game. using a few variants from the original would be an easy choice for a trailer when trying to avoid spoiling content.

Edit: With how long they’ve been working on it, I expect new enemies as well as deep cuts from the franchise making a return.

I don't know. You would think that for a sequel you'd want to show new enemies and not the same old ones.

I think that all the enemies will be reused with some minor tweaks and some new ones here and there.

That 4chan post feels a little bit too much like a checklist of stuff that people have wished for and speculated about based on the first two trailers. Some of it sounds good, some of it not so much.

Also, do yourself a favour and don't read the comments in the thread. "is there wokeness in the game?" lmfao
I’ll be disappointed if there’s no wokeness and cancelling in the game.

I don't know. You would think that for a sequel you'd want to show new enemies and not the same old ones.

I think that all the enemies will be reused with some minor tweaks and some new ones here and there.

I think it depends on the aim of the trailer.

The last trailer was likely there just to appease fans, not reveal tons of the game. It gave everybody just enough to talk about for while - some new mechanics, the ambiguous protagonist, the sky setting, and a couple new enemies/creatures

The trailer was still not ‘the big reveal’. It was the bare minimum; it was a direct sequel to the 2019 trailer to tell fans the project is alive and well, and it gave us all more questions than answers.

I'm willing to say it's true just because some things sound like such bizzare decisions that I can totaly see Nintendo doing them.

Seeing this thread active and a lot of posts made today make me think for a split second that we had got a genuine update.

Don't scare me like that :O haha.

The last trailer was likely there just to appease fans, not reveal tons of the game. It gave everybody just enough to talk about for while - some new mechanics, the ambiguous protagonist, the sky setting, and a couple new enemies/creatures

The trailer was still not ‘the big reveal’. It was the bare minimum; it was a direct sequel to the 2019 trailer to tell fans the project is alive and well, and it gave us all more questions than answers.
Yeah the trailer from last year felt like Nintendo was obligated to give us some kind of updated trailer. The trailer felt way too short. We haven’t gotten that real big trailer yet.

"Ambiguous protagonist"

Oh no, we are doing this all over again are we.

It's link. In the contractually obligated new design so they can make a new link amiibo to sell alongside the game. There's really no ambiguity in there.

"Ambiguous protagonist"

Oh no, we are doing this all over again are we.

It's link. In the contractually obligated new design so they can make a new link amiibo to sell alongside the game. There's really no ambiguity in there.

We aren’t.

But if they wanted wanted it to be extremely clear that it’s link, they could have easily accomplished that. I don’t doubt it’s link, but the point I was making was that the trailer was there to give fans just a little more to discuss - it was a deliberate choice to make people ask ‘is it really link’ and ‘how did he get like that’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom