• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen the spoilers. I will not share them here. But y'all aren't ready. You might think you are, but you're not.
With most teasers, trailers, and gameplay footage with Aonuma, I thought I knew what I was getting into and was ready, but ever since the 3rd trailer dropped I realised I had absolutely no idea what was coming and really decided I needed to be going in as blind as possible lolol

Could we like... talk about something other than the leaks, lol

Different people have different thresholds for what counts as spoilers. You might genuinely think "no spoilers, but they've fixed every issue I had with BOTW" is not a spoiler, but others might not agree

Can someone that saw the spoilers comfirm that Tingle is the final boss? Because that would make the game the true goat.

Tingle_%28Freshly-Picked_Tingle%27s_Rosy_Rupeeland%29.png

/s plz no ban

Do you know how it runs on Yuzu? Saw some footage of the Ryujinx emulation and it's crazy that it runs that well day -10 with just a few issues.
Though I'm not brave enough to look for Yuzu Tears of the kingdom on youtube and receive tons of spoilers...XD

Can someone that saw the spoilers comfirm that Tingle is the final boss? Because that would make the game the true goat.

Tingle_%28Freshly-Picked_Tingle%27s_Rosy_Rupeeland%29.png

/s plz no ban

It's actually Tinglemise. He steals the Triforce of Power from Ganondorf and channels his inner Kooloo-Vilepah and summons Demise, fusing with him.

Disclaimer: This post is a joke. I have seen zero leaks (both game and artbook). I repeat, this is a joke.

Can't believe people are already taking about DLC wave 1 - Tingle and Ready to Mingle, in the spoiler free thread geez.
It’s fortunate no one has found out about the secret wave 4 Christmas DLC. Tingle’s Jingle Bells is guaranteed to please Tingle’s fanbase

I don’t want to be spoiled but just want to know do we have actual realtime cutscenes with story and gameplay setpieces or are the cutscenes all memories?

Why would all the cutscenes be memories? You're succumbing to the #concern, while you should be hyping responsibly.

Absolutely no spoilers - even tagged ones
We have decided to make something clear to everyone in this thread:

There is nothing wrong with wanting to know more about the leaks without wanting to be spoiled yourself, hence why one would want to ask someone who's seen them things like "Are the leaks hype af?", "Do they alleviate worries?", "Are there traditional dungeons, yes or no?".

However, these things can still be considered spoilers for some members. Some members on the site just wants to get away from all the leak talk full stop, and "I won't spoil anything, BUT"-comments really toes the line for those members.

If you absolutely want to "know but not be spoiled", ask to be sent a DM, or ask someone you know has seen the leak yourself.
There will be absolutely no spoilers in this thread, even tagged ones. Some of us has waited for this game for six years, and want to go in as blind as humanly possible. We sincerely ask for everyone to respect this.

Last edited:
opens the door
It really does suck that I have to go through 10 days (or more, unless preorders on gamestop arrive day of release? Anyone have experience in that?) of dodging spoilers and repelling evils bane (temptation and patience In this case).
closes the door
🎶 Ocarina Of Time title music starts playing behind the door and sobbing🎶

Different people have different thresholds for what counts as spoilers. You might genuinely think "no spoilers, but they've fixed every issue I had with BOTW" is not a spoiler, but others might not agree
We already know what they mean by “fixed the issues of BotW” lol

It's a little distressing to think that someone might be so intimately familiar with my posting history that they can consider themselves spoiled by that vague description. I guess my threshold is much higher than "the sequel to BotW addresses some of the issues that some of the people had with the previous game". But sure, I can talk about something else.

Someone suggested a few pages back to create a thread where people that have played the game could give general impressions without spoilers. I'd love that, but I agree that people have different threshold as to what constitutes a spoiler so it could be difficult to manage such a thread.

Yeah these next 10 days are going to be long.

The floodgates are open. Nintendo should just give retailers the green light to break the street date already 😄

I feel more and more confident that we will manage to dodge the leaks in here. We can do this together, people!

It's a little distressing to think that someone might be so intimately familiar with my posting history that they can consider themselves spoiled by that vague description. I guess my threshold is much higher than "the sequel to BotW addresses some of the issues that some of the people had with the previous game". But sure, I can talk about something else.
I wasn't @ing anyone in particular, and I'm not going off posting history. But what might seem like a vague description to one person could have a fairly obvious, and spoilery, explanation to another.

As an example, after a certain episode of Game of Thrones a friend of mine posted on Facebook "no spoilers, but that episode was so satisfying". He genuinely didn't think it was a spoiler, but I immediately (and correctly) guessed that Joffrey died, and I didn't even watch the show at the time.

We've also put up a reply banner, which should be visible now, to remind people not to post spoilers in here. Hopefully that will help everyone keep this a safe zone for the next 10 days (can you believe it?) so everyone who wants to can participate in the discussion. :)

I wasn't @ing anyone in particular, and I'm not going off posting history. But what might seem like a vague description to one person could have a fairly obvious, and spoilery, explanation to another.

As an example, after a certain episode of Game of Thrones a friend of mine posted on Facebook "no spoilers, but that episode was so satisfying". He genuinely didn't think it was a spoiler, but I immediately (and correctly) guessed that Joffrey died, and I didn't even watch the show at the time.
I'm not really interested in discussing this any further in the context of this thread but I hope that this general attitude towards "spoilers" doesn't stick across Famiboards.

One idea to wait until the final day is to play Cadence of Hyrule 😄 is free until 7 may with NSO. Since I m suck at rythm games, i think it could help me to wait ahah

Tomorrow, the count of days still to go will go down to a one digit number.

I repeat, we're leaving double digit count tomorrow.

It's actually Tinglemise. He steals the Triforce of Power from Ganondorf and channels his inner Kooloo-Vilepah and summons Demise, fusing with him.

Disclaimer: This post is a joke. I have seen zero leaks (both game and artbook). I repeat, this is a joke.

Huge fan of this decision - I can't wait for Zelda's Kefka moment.

We have decided to make something clear to everyone in this thread:

There is nothing wrong with wanting to know more about the leaks without wanting to be spoiled yourself, hence why one would want to ask someone who's seen them things like "Are the leaks hype af?", "Do they alleviate worries?", "Are there traditional dungeons, yes or no?".

However, these things can still be considered spoilers for some members. Some members on the site just wants to get away from all the leak talk full stop, and "I won't spoil anything, BUT"-comments really toes the line for those members.

If you absolutely want to "know but not be spoiled", ask to be sent a DM, or ask someone you know has seen the leak yourself.
There will be absolutely no spoilers in this thread, even tagged ones. Some of us has waited for this game for six years, and want to go in as blind as humanly possible. We sincerely ask for everyone to respect this.

Thanks for this, @Irene. Clear and direct, and it makes this thread all the safer.

I swear that I'm so damn restless right now. We have squat to do at work, having to stay off of YouTube means that I suddenly realize how much more time over I have during the days, and I have a hard time settling down with any game, and that includes the game I'm playing for the launch party.

Just pacing all over the apartment.

Gah.

Sitting at work twiddling my thumbs just waiting. Waiting. Waiting. It's slow at work so I like to browse here and on Era and it's taking every part of me to not view leaks lol.

I swear that I'm so damn restless right now. We have squat to do at work, having to stay off of YouTube means that I suddenly realize how much more time over I have during the days, and I have a hard time settling down with any game, and that includes the game I'm playing for the launch party.

Gah.

This is me too. Beyond occasionally checking this thread, it's entirely an offline existence for me.

Playing: Secret of Evermore (SNES copy) + Link Between Worlds
Reading: Stealing Home
Listening: the record - boygenius
Walking: also lots of pacing

Time is flying by.

I am listening to the record by boygenius right now^^ nice!

Otherwise I was fine until earlier today but now time is really slowing down...

Will there be a day 1 patch? I'm assuming the version piraters/reviewers are playing is pre-day 1 patch (similar to how Smash Ultimate was) ?

Gah.
Haha same, I haven't been this excited about a release in a long time, the only comparable one might be Mario Maker 2, and there was no need to worry about spoilers with that one so I could just watch as much content on it as I wanted. This time there's nothing to do but just....wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom