• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My use of Etsy and consumption of Zelda content have combined in an absolutely nightmarish targeted ad

il_794xN.3447454348_8hqh.jpg

video, even more nightmare

Feels bad because someone clearly spent a ton of time making this

sorry but I'm going to be honest and a tad passive-agressive, it's disappointing to see people pirating the game even here. This isn't 4chan

I don't think the moderator team condones any of that. If you see stuff that blatantly disregards the ToS, then report it and flag a moderator.

Oh yeah in a full cosplay and costume is looks great (see on this listing)! Just in isolation as a head it spooked me lol
It does look better in full view. As someone who has never been able to fully embrace cosplay, I do intend to fully embrace my inner Zonai for TotK and let go of everything I learned in BotW. I felt tattoos might be a bit much so I will probably go with a little face paint and a toga before sitting down to play.
I fear for what the Door dash driver might find come dawn of my fourth day straight playing without a break when I answer the door however, by then I should be fully converted. At least by then I should know enough of the Zonai language hopefully, to properly thank them for the delivery in my new native language of Zonai.😊

Last edited:
sorry but I'm going to be honest and a tad passive-agressive, it's disappointing to see people pirating the game even here. This isn't 4chan

You can see Famiboards’ policy on piracy in the dedicated chapter in the rules section. Like @reconceptualize points out, you can report any post if you believe it violates site rules and the report will be duly assessed by our moderator team.

I fully expect TotK to be better than BotW in almost every conceivable way, from music to story to variety, but still get worse review scores (I mean, BotW is at 97 on Metacritic, so perhaps not the most ballsy prediction).

Still expect it around 93, but I just think some reviewers (and players for that matter) will have a tough time getting over the usage of the old Hyrule map and other returning (now less novel) elements, as well as some lamenting that it's not enough like classic Zelda games (even if it has more of those elements than BotW). I also think there will be some genuinely put off by the complexity of the building and fusing, and that what started as a novelty becomes tedious as that novelty fades.

I’m clearing some of my backlog while I wait. I got 3DW+BF on sale recently, as I didn’t buy it right away because I already had 3DW on Wii U. Just 100% BF and absolutely loved it, I’ll replay base 3DW next. I might take advantage of the Cadence of Hyrule trial first though. I never got it because I’m not good at Rhythm, but you never know.

Personally, I looked at the art book originally because I needed to see something from this game at the time. Now, though, I don’t need anything else prior to playing it myself.

I wish it was May 12th already, I'm tired of avoiding Twitter and YouTube and it's only been 2 days.

I fully expect TotK to be better than BotW in almost every conceivable way, from music to story to variety, but still get worse review scores (I mean, BotW is at 97 on Metacritic, so perhaps not the most ballsy prediction).

Still expect it around 93, but I just think some reviewers (and players for that matter) will have a tough time getting over the usage of the old Hyrule map and other returning (now less novel) elements, as well as some lamenting that it's not enough like classic Zelda games (even if it has more of those elements than BotW). I also think there will be some genuinely put off by the complexity of the building and fusing, and that what started as a novelty becomes tedious as that novelty fades.
Yeah I'm generally leaning towards it being considered a considerable improvement on BoTW and I think it's going to be a shoe-in for GoTY, but I do think it'll end up scoring slightly worse

Playing games and school almost being done are taking up most of my free time. Really helps calm down that urge to see the leaks out of boredom.

I think 97 would be a legit miracle at this point with the Switch's age, any performance issues, some reviewers finding Ultrahand controls clunky, and any potential trepidation over the overworld's "sameness" (even though the fans will probably love seeing how everything has changed on the surface).

Fuuuuuuuuck. whoever said the video blocker extension won't work 100% of the time was right. Took a couple of seconds for it to block the thumbnail (this may be influenced by my internet tho so), and that thumbnail just HAD to have something relatively minor albeit spoilery. 🫠

Fuuuuuuuuck. whoever said the video blocker extension won't work 100% of the time was right. Took a couple of seconds for it to block the thumbnail (this may be influenced by my internet tho so), and that thumbnail just HAD to have something relatively minor albeit spoilery. 🫠
What I hate about the fact of having spoilery thumbnails is people know what they're doing, but choose to do it anyway. Really scummy...

Just thought about something.
The fact that the present-day Champions can team up with Link as seen in the third trailer.

What if it's multiplayer?

Being semi-serious here. (But only semi)

The fact that the present-day Champions can team up with Link as seen in the third trailer.

I think the game is listed as single player unfortunately. I do wonder if we could see some sort of post launch addition of a Battle Royale mode though, what with Nintendo coming down so hard on the BotW multiplayer modders... Done right that could be pretty amazing with everyone fighting it out on McGuyvered vehicles.

I think the game is listed as single player unfortunately. I do wonder if we could see some sort of post launch addition of a Battle Royale mode though, what with Nintendo coming down so hard on the BotW multiplayer modders... Done right that could be pretty amazing with everyone fighting it out on McGuyvered vehicles.
That would be a great way for the Zelda Team to dip their toes into online multi player, I could see them just using Hyrule field as the map with every conceivable weapon and vehicle part littered all over the place and have four players each start in their own corner and given 3 minutes to build what ever crazy vehicle they could. Great idea! Where do I sign up?

For some odd reason I have always wanted to play ”Tag” with a group of friends on BotWs map. Like 15 players at a time. You would be able see everyone’s icon on the map as they moved around. No one could die but shooting a player would slow them down enough to where you could catch them and tag them.

Last edited:
any potential trepidation over the overworld's "sameness" (even though the fans will probably love seeing how everything has changed on the surface).
I think we give too much discredit to the "sameness" of the world, it didn't stop Miles Morales from getting 85MC despite it being a spin-off DLC in disguise at 70€. In truth, I think that using the "same" world will be considered as a good point from Nintendo by reviewers. If they can tweak it a bit and add a ton next to the base Hyrule, people will be pleasantly surprised.

They say you get more patient with increasing age ... and more wisdom.

... But they lie. They lie.

I'm so impatient and it's increasing each day ... and i definitely lack the wisdom to fight this feeling.

The Legend of Zelda - 3 Swords, 1 Bow, 1 Lance and one thing that looks like a sword, but is actually a massive sword-shaped rock club.

... I could agree on the suggestion that the name needs some refining.

----

E:

Did Kotaku seriously make a report with the stuff that came from the leaked copies?

And they seriously asked why Nintendo blacklisted them?

E:

Did Kotaku seriously make a report with the stuff that came from the leaked copies?

And they seriously asked why Nintendo blacklisted them?
Yes, it seems like it. At this point, it's safe to say they are not worth to be taken seriously.

Re: Multiplayer,

A lot of the speculation made me think how cool it would be to have an asynchronous co-op Zelda where each character resides in one of two "worlds" (you know, the usual for Zelda: dark world/light world, underground/overground, underwater/ocean, past/future) where the actions of one player changes things in the world of the other.

I actually pitched this a while back!

I actually pitched this a while back!

I’m gonna MacGuyver the shit out of stuff in TotK. My campaign is gonna be less ‘Hero of Time’ and more ‘Wacky Races’

It is taking every single milligram of willpower in my body not to open the spoiler threads right now. Genuinely having a physical reaction to this situation.

Btw. the last trailer from 2 weeks ago is at 9.2 million views on the NoA YT channel.

I just thought this might interest someone. Also, it's funny, 'cause it's 9 days to go until release.

wait does Kotaku WANT to be blacklisted or something?

Aren't they already for promoting emulating a Nintendo game?
Yeah I'm pretty sure Nintendo blacklisted them after Kotaku told people to emulate Metroid Dread and, in the initial version of the article, implicitly indicated people should pirate the game (probably more out of sheer carelessness than anything else).

Presumably Kotaku figure they've already burnt that bridge and, with other mainstream gaming outlets not covering the contents of the leaks, they figure they may as well generate hits and sweet ad revenue from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom