• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! this post if you haven't looked at any of the spoilers yet (I'm feeling lonely here!)

I would love to friend but I discovered that, while my desire to avoid spoilers was strong, my flesh was weak. I only let myself look at a couple of screenshots but it still counts. I buckled a little.

Still haven't seen anything new since the latest playsessions for the media. Have seen the artbook leak though, if that counts....

I normally should be able to go long stretches without the internet, but I am afraid that one of the coming days I just open youtube without thinking and some recommandations with very spoiling thumbnails pop up.
It's not only 10 days, I have to avoid youtube for 2 months until I finish the game... o_O

Still haven't seen anything new since the latest playsessions for the media. Have seen the artbook leak though, if that counts....

I normally should be able to go long stretches without the internet, but I am afraid that one of the coming days I just open youtube without thinking and some recommandations with very spoiling thumbnails pop up.
It's not only 10 days, I have to avoid youtube for 2 months until I finish the game... o_O
Straight up, the artbook didn't show anything lmao

I just saw a single spoiler. And all I can say is that the argument that it's just DLC is not only incorrect, they've actually destroyed it, demolished it, crushed it, nuked it. Just wtf is this game

Leaving now the spoiler section because I already know what I wanted to know.

Some extremely positive things and others not so much... let's see how it plays out at the end. I think I am mostly interested in areas of the game that people here don't prioritize so much, so I can see why others are extremely hyped while I am more reserved about the spoilers.

I love listening to the Spawn Cast each week - but this week I see they're discussing previews. If anyone here has listened to it, is there anything in there that could be considered spoiler territory?

These leaks might be the biggest insult to a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU!" at the leaks on my screen. I knew the leaks were going to hit before May 12th, but the leaks already posted made me realize how hard it will be to avoid them. Absolutely unacceptable to leak 11 days before May 12th. Once the leakers had the game, they should've waiited to post leaks online closer to release.

Yes, but also acquiring a copy of an unreleased game and dumping it online for people to acquire isn’t so much just leaking content as it is straight up facilitating piracy and is ultimately harmful to the developers and the game’s success beyond spoiling parts of the game to its audience that don’t want to know anything going in.

Where are we likely to run into spoilers?

YouTube recommends
Twitter
Other social media
Rogue accounts posting in forums

Just wondering how to best keep my guard up!

Really can't wait for 10 days of people posting everywhere that ToTK is a good game but a shit Zelda, on shit hardware, with misleading advertisment.
Haha that 'shit zelda game ' part. Maybe just maybe franchises need to change themselves to stay relevant, and franchises change all the time.Just a thought. Not commenting to you directly, just shouting in the void.

But what if i'm bored at work and try to use YT or social media as a slight distraction? ;_;
I swear, I'm never gonna make it through the next two weeks. Things are REALLY slow at work and Twitter and Famiboards were my only distractions...

Won't really know for sure until I've actually played the game myself but the few leaks that I saw address pretty much every remaining complaint I had about BotW and all concerns I had going into TotK. If actually playing it is as good as it looks, this is gonna be one for the ages.

Cadence of Hyrule has a free trial this week and it's a great way to pass the time. I had tried the demo before and couldn't get into it, but putting some effort it finally clicked. It's quite addictive and is scratching a bit of my 2D Zelda itch.

I hope to he finished with it by next Sunday when the trial ends, and then it will be only 5 days until TotK.

Won't really know for sure until I've actually played the game myself but the few leaks that I saw address pretty much every remaining complaint I had about BotW and all concerns I had going into TotK. If actually playing it is as good as it looks, this is gonna be one for the ages.

inigo-montoya-the-princess-bride.gif

Yes, but also acquiring a copy of an unreleased game and dumping it online for people to acquire isn’t so much just leaking content as it is straight up facilitating piracy and is ultimately harmful to the developers and the game’s success beyond spoiling parts of the game to its audience that don’t want to know anything going in.
Awesomegames was quoting a meme fyi

Alright this is my first time in a Zelda topic since mid last week. I’ve read the game is out and about and being spoiled. Of course I don’t want to be spoiled lol.

But if anyone has seen the spoilers can you at least let me know what my hype levels should be at??

Alright this is my first time in a Zelda topic since mid last week. I’ve read the game is out and about and being spoiled. Of course I don’t want to be spoiled lol.

But if anyone has seen the spoilers can you at least let me know what my hype levels should be at??
very very hyped

Without going into specifics, how's the soundtrack from the leaked game? Just give a broad answer like "It's excellent" or "It's a huge improvement on BotW's soundtrack."

If anyone has any questions about leaks, feel free to ask me. I'll try to limit all information to just answer the question at hand with as little as possible otherwise. Don't know everything but I've generally kept track of what's going on with leaks

If you feel more comfortable DM'ing me to avoid temptation in this thread also feel free

I echo the general sentiment though that you should not look if you're in any way looking to preserve surprises for the main game. Spoilers don't effect me much but if they affect you...then damn. Stay away
My only question would be based on the leaks, are you more hyped or less hyped than you were before?

At first I was annoyed by Future Redeemed's launch date but in the end it was a blessing in disguise. Can't think about anything else these days, ane by the time I 100% it and stop thinking about its story, lore and implications, TotK will be almost here. If anyone else needs distraction from the wait, just go and play FR (you need to have played -or knowledge of- the full trilogy before, though), there's still plenty of time left (you can clear it in ~15h without rushing but leaving most side content untouched).

That said, some of the implications of the posts in here are carrying my hype to the troposphere.

Because I need a distraction I will actually be able to finish my second playthrough of Prime 3.

Like Samus deals with Phazon corruption, I have to deal with all the hype corrupting my soul. Fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom