• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love a thread with non-spoiler impression of people who saw the spoilers/stream or got their copy(unlikely but you never know...XD).
Too afraid to jump into the spoilers myself. I got what wanted with the streamed intro.

Well at least I don’t have to worry about seeing videos on Twitter since I got locked out of my account across all my devices and cannot log back in for the life of me lol.

Did that site just die completely?
I haven't been able to log back in, either. Seems to be happening to a lot of people right now.

not a shock or a surprise by any means but I'm now quickly learning just how badly people can be at spelling, or how creative they are at coming up with misspellings that can get past word filters

not a shock or a surprise by any means but I'm now quickly learning just how badly people can be at spelling, or how creative they are at coming up with misspellings that can get past word filters
you mean this isn't the Legend of Belda Fears of the Wingdom hype thread?

I gotta go

There are only 11 days left people. We must defend ourselves and come out victorious!

EmptyQueasyAmazonparrot-size_restricted.gif

I've been practicing my parry timing all day long. I'll be ready!

I'm so hyped for this game it hurts.

Also I agree with what someone else put here, is that it would be cool to have an intermediary thread where those who have viewed spoilers can answer questions for those who haven't seen them.

I asked a few questions before Metroid Dread came out (namely about the rough number of bosses, areas, if there were any abilities we hadn't been shown, although I didn't want them to say what if there was). That helped me to set my expectations without actually spoiling anything of importance for me.

I'd love a thread with non-spoiler impression of people who saw the spoilers/stream or got their copy(unlikely but you never know...XD).
Too afraid to jump into the spoilers myself. I got what wanted with the streamed intro.
I've seen just a few spoilers, but with the last one I can already say for sure that DLC discourse has been crushed to death. This game is insane.

Yeah, so Team "It's just $70 DLC lul" has just been punished with extreme prejudice and zero mercy. Just demolished. Buried 6000 feet under.

I've seen just a few spoilers, but with the last one I can already say for sure that DLC discourse has been crushed to death. This game is insane.
Not surprised. That this game will have an insane amount of content was not something I ever doubted. Like I'm positive not everyone's concerns will be addressed, but it sounds like it'll be worth the wait/$70 they're asking for it.

Like yeah it’s not a surprise, but shit, this still gave me jolt lol.

All I needed to hear, I’m so ready for this goddamn game.
I think I'm ready to take refuge with y'all in this thread after getting confirmation of some things I was hoping for :)

yeah also, and I don't really think this is a spoiler, do we know if there multi language support at launch? Can I do japanese audio with English subs?
I think so.
My brain is fried with preview content, but I think this came from Gene Park of WaPo on Spawncast. Essentially saying that while they can't tell you what they saw in the options, we should expect everything we have in Breath of the Wild, plus more "QoL". And specifically called out was Pro HUD and switching the audio dub.
It was very much a, "yes this is definitely in the game", but without breaking the NDA.

I'm definitely going in on LatAm Spanish based on the trailers.

I think I'm ready to take refuge with y'all in this thread after getting confirmation of some things I was hoping for :)
Same. I've seen more than enough, incluiding something I didn't want to know. Time to retire and live here peacefully for 11 days.

I've played it a little bit and I'm satisfied, time to wait for the official release.

I was able to get answers for my two biggest questions/apprehensions about this game (1 good and 1 mixed) without seeing any actual spoilers so I'm good.

Crazy that a jpeg in a spoiler thread did more to properly set my expectations than the entirety of this game's official marketing over 4 years.

I feel nervous even still poking my head into this thread. I really shouldn't even be here, but how else to a contain my hype and the stupid temptation to peak at spoilers?

I feel nervous even still poking my head into this thread. I really shouldn't even be here, but how else to a contain my hype and the stupid temptation to peak at spoilers?

I want to see nothing.... and everything. This is truly a major test of patience.

Ignore that other thread! While I don't necessarily regret anything I've seen so far, I can't imagine how awe-inspiring the magnitude of some mechanics/features will be if you go in totally blind.

I'm so hyped for this game it hurts.

Also I agree with what someone else put here, is that it would be cool to have an intermediary thread where those who have viewed spoilers can answer questions for those who haven't seen them.

I asked a few questions before Metroid Dread came out (namely about the rough number of bosses, areas, if there were any abilities we hadn't been shown, although I didn't want them to say what if there was). That helped me to set my expectations without actually spoiling anything of importance for me.
If anyone has any questions about leaks, feel free to ask me. I'll try to limit all information to just answer the question at hand with as little as possible otherwise. Don't know everything but I've generally kept track of what's going on with leaks

If you feel more comfortable DM'ing me to avoid temptation in this thread also feel free

I echo the general sentiment though that you should not look if you're in any way looking to preserve surprises for the main game. Spoilers don't effect me much but if they affect you...then damn. Stay away

If anyone has any questions about leaks, feel free to ask me. I'll try to limit all information to just answer the question at hand with as little as possible otherwise. Don't know everything but I've generally kept track of what's going on with leaks

If you feel more comfortable DM'ing me to avoid temptation in this thread also feel free

I echo the general sentiment though that you should not look if you're in any way looking to preserve surprises for the main game. Spoilers don't effect me much but if they affect you...then damn. Stay away
Seconded, in case I saw anything Nabisco didn't and vice versa :) Happy to give anyone in the thread vague hype through DMs!

I can generally avoid spoilers but I can’t always avoid incidental boredom that will impulsively send me to the leak thread. Also I don’t think I’m going to be playing at launch either (for good reasons though). Three weeks are gonna kill me

Gamestop told me they're getting my preorder ready this morning. I hope that means they'll manage to ship on time, waiting until Monday would kill me

Question for tech experts: In moment-to-moment gameplay (not loading screens) is it likely that the digital version installed to internal memory (not SD card) will run better than the cartridge version? Specifically concerning level-of-detail on distant objects, pop-in and framerate drops. Is this kind of performance issue related to storage speed or is it something else (perhaps CPU)?

One thing the game leaking has done is make these next 10 days seem so long. Really wish we'd have gotten a few more days at least before it leaked.

One thing the game leaking has done is make these next 10 days seem so long. Really wish we'd have gotten a few more days at least before it leaked.

as someone who doesn't buy physical media anyways leaks in general sometimes really make me selfishly wish that more things would just go digital only

as someone who doesn't buy physical media anyways leaks in general sometimes really make me selfishly wish that more things would just go digital only

I'm straight digital as well. I love the convenience of it. Except now of course. I understand people are hyped to play it but there's so much impatience anymore. For me it's part of the enjoyment; percolating in the hype, letting the anticipation build. I never enjoyed Christmas as much if I opened my presents early.

Is it looking like it'll live up to the hype?
It's been 6 years since BotW came out. It and OoT are still tied for #1 GOAT video game on my personal list. No matter how hard I try, I just can't bring myself to pick one of them.

With that in mind, and considering what I've seen and heard of TotK, I think they might soon be tied for #2.

Now granted, I haven't seen or heard a whole lot of stuff for myself. It's mostly hints and suggestions from a friend who is actually following the spoilers closely. There are a few things that sound too good to be true. So we'll see.

i'd say so

there's no pleasing everyone of course but even as someone who didn't like BotW i'm pretty hyped at this point

The hype has no idea what's coming for it

It's been 6 years since BotW came out. It and OoT are still tied for #1 GOAT video game on my personal list. No matter how hard I try, I just can't bring myself to pick one of them.

With that in mind, and considering what I've seen and heard of TotK, I think they might soon be tied for #2.

Now granted, I haven't seen or heard a whole lot of stuff for myself. It's mostly hints and suggestions from a friend who is actually following the spoilers closely. There are a few things that sound too good to be true. So we'll see.

vince-vince-mcmahon.gif

Yeah! this post if you haven't looked at any of the spoilers yet (I'm feeling lonely here!)

EDIT: I mean the spoilers from the leaked game. Artbook stuff doesn't count. If you haven't seen either though take this badge of honor 🏅

Last edited:
Yeah! this post if you haven't looked at any of the spoilers yet (I'm feeling lonely here!)
I mean I looked at the artbook spoilers but none of the game leak spoilers.

I remember watching the hours of treehouse footage for BotW covering the opening hours on the Great Plateau which stole away some of the surprise for me when I personally played through the early hours of the game. I wish to go in as freshly as I can this time (outside of the official marketing and previews.)

These leaks might be the biggest insult to a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU!" at the leaks on my screen. I knew the leaks were going to hit before May 12th, but the leaks already posted made me realize how hard it will be to avoid them. Absolutely unacceptable to leak 11 days before May 12th. Once the leakers had the game, they should've waiited to post leaks online closer to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom