• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp considering there's two accidental spoiler posts here from people choosing the wrong thread, I think I'm gonna avoid all the TOTK threads until release day. Time to figure out how to block tags on Twitter lol

Welp considering there's two accidental spoiler posts here from people choosing the wrong thread, I think I'm gonna avoid all the TOTK threads until release day. Time to figure out how to block tags on Twitter lol

AnimatedIgnorantAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

Ok apparently, not confirmed but probably real, the game file can be downloaded online. This is it, leaks are literally going to be everywhere in a few hours.

And the time has come ladies and gents, it's been an absolute pleasure. See you all nearer the end of May. Enjoy the game in good health people, see you on the other side.

Alright, I've let it go as far as I can. Time to ignore + block + log off + ratio + L + touch grass. See y'all in 11 days + some change!

Edit: Not this thread, but like every other spoiler thread. Lol

What's the best or most secure YouTube keyword blocker? Can someone please help me out here?
I recently installed YouTube video blocker extension on Google. Only issue is that it requires Google history sharing, which you may or may not be fond of. But I felt compelled to with all this going on right now.

Alright, I've let it go as far as I can. Time to ignore + block + log off + ratio + L + touch grass. See y'all in 11 days + some change!

Edit: Not this thread, but like every other spoiler thread. Lol

Yeah I had to set the spoiler thread on ignore 30 minutes ago even though I posted the guidelines for spoilers in that thread.

I'm a different kind of drive-by poster.

for some reason I naively believed it just...might not leak at all til a day or two before release lol

bit of a bummer but the way I use the internet these days I'm actually not toooo worried about running into something I don't want to see—best of luck to us all

I recently installed YouTube video blocker extension on Google. Only issue is that it requires Google history sharing, which you may or may not be fond of. But I felt compelled to with all this going on right now.
Thanks so much. I feel like I'm super prepared to only see spoilers I want to see now.

for some reason I naively believed it just...might not leak at all til a day or two before release lol

bit of a bummer but the way I use the internet these days I'm actually not toooo worried about running into something I don't want to see—best of luck to us all

I expected about a week prior based on some prior game releases I was hyped about. I think I slightly underestimated lol.

Literally HOW did people get the game that far in advance... Nintendo is probably FUMING now.
As much as we are almost there, this is kinda annoying people can't just wait for the exact date to sell the games..

Literally HOW did people get the game that far in advance... Nintendo is probably FUMING now.
As much as we are almost there, this is kinda annoying people can't just wait for the exact date to sell the games..
same way people got games like Smash and Pokemon early. This is nothing new. Only real way to avoid this would be making it digital only and that's not going to happen,

Last edited:
same way people got games like Smash and Pokemon early. This is nothing new. Only real way to avoid this would be making it digital only and that's not going ot happen,
And even that didn't stop someone from getting Advance Wars like a year early lol

FFS. Should still be a warning at least for those people tbh.

Any advice on stopping spoilers showing up on YouTube recommends?
Download the Youtube Video Blocker extension on Google and then mute whichever keywords you'd like to avoid. It will literally remove videos from your home page, searches, etc. depending on what you mute. I also muted keywords in the community settings in Youtube Studio just to be safe.

Too scared to visit youtube, but luckily only 250 hours until release. Probably won't make it without seeing a few spoilers, but I'll just take it day by day and hope I don't see anything major.

Download the Youtube Video Blocker extension on Google and then mute whichever keywords you'd like to avoid. It will literally remove videos from your home page, searches, etc. depending on what you mute. I also muted keywords in the community settings in Youtube Studio just to be safe.

Will it work on an iPhone?

So, the finish line is near...

How many Shrines / Korok Seeds / Hours are we all clocked in at after 6 years of BoTW?

Will you be trying to close that gap further before release?
I got all shrines and not that many Korok seeds lol

No intention of going back before TOTK

To anyone who has seen the leaks: are they cool. Yea or no only
As someone who adores BotW and disagrees with like 90% of the complaints (most of which I find shallow, uninformed, or just plain gatekeeping nonsense), what little I saw before I set spoiler threads to ignore and set up youtube blocker has me HYPED AF!!!!!!!!!! Some of my favorite things about BotW are back.

How many Shrines / Korok Seeds / Hours are we all clocked in at after 6 years of BoTW?

"180 or more" hours over two playthroughs. all shrines and i think ~230 seeds on the first one, maybe like 40-50 shrines & seeds on the other.

actually just finished that second playthrough yesterday after stretching it out over nearly five years! it was in master mode and I don't think master mode is particularly good lol....but gosh what a great game

I kind of... got addicted. I put somewhere over 1000 hours into 10 playthroughs. I got everything on all playthroughs except korok seeds. I intended on doing all 900 every replay but always get my inventory maxed then stop. The statue reward was never enough of a motivation to me to keep collecting them. I think if it were something you could use in the game( like the master cycle) it would have made a difference.

Raaah, i was watching a stream on Twitch and not about a video game (a general knowledge quizz) and an asshole in the chat spoils the beginning of Totk?!? Im so tired... Still 11 days remain 🥲and no safe places in internet.

All 120 shrines (and all DLC shrines), I think around 450-500 Korok seeds, and 180 hours or so. It sucks though, because when I got my first OLED switch in October 2021, it deleted my save logs for a lot of my games, so even though I have all my save data still, it says I've only played BotW for like 4 hours :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom