• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it looks like that's one of the lotus buds that are also used around the sky islands as lamps. Taking light from the sky to illuminate the underground.
The-Legend-of-Zelda-Tears-of-the-Kingdom-Official-Trailer-3-1-56-screenshot.png

The-Legend-of-Zelda-Tears-of-the-Kingdom-Official-Trailer-2-1-40-screenshot.png

Is it me or is Zelda's dress dirty? And is there 7 spots for that blue glow thing? Maybe keeping track of how many tears have been collected?

The-Legend-of-Zelda-Tears-of-the-Kingdom-Screenshot-051.jpg

5xrUAcI.png

Don't know if this has been noticed before, but those long streaks of black substance falling from the sky from trailer 2 is probably this tar substance, not malice. You can see it pouring down behind Link in the second picture.

image.png

The tar is likely a mechanic tied to this Zora sky area, as we see a tar shark attack Link...
the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-trailer-3-glhf-23.jpg

...as well as blobs of tar being shot out of some source in the left side of this picture.

I can’t stop watching this trailer, analysis, reactions, etc. I can’t get motivated to play anything else, I’m obsessed. I’m now so glad Nintendo held back until a month before launch. If they went ham in a ND last year my brain wouldn’t make it.

I can’t stop watching this trailer, analysis, reactions, etc. I can’t get motivated to play anything else, I’m obsessed. I’m now so glad Nintendo held back until a month before launch. If they went ham in a ND last year my brain wouldn’t make it.
And to add to this, this trailer solely skims the surface of what's new—one can only imagine what's to come that can't be currently analyzed.

It's not even the full ad. More like a teaser for the full ad. People wanted marketing and we're about to get the onslaught.

Has anyone mentioned this yet? I've been looking at a whole lot of composers/musicians reactions to the trailer theme. In particular, this video was recommended, and he catches a very very interesting detail about the big epic sax moment in the recent trailer.

So they basically had an idea of the main motif of ToTK all the way back in 2020 and then reversed/distorted it for the trailer, and only now did they reveal its full saxy glory. Nintendo is truly something else.

Has anyone mentioned this yet? I've been looking at a whole lot of composers/musicians reactions to the trailer theme. In particular, this video was recommended, and he catches a very very interesting detail about the big epic sax moment in the recent trailer.

So they basically had an idea of the main motif of ToTK all the way back in 2020 and then reversed/distorted it for the trailer, and only now did they reveal its full saxy glory. Nintendo is truly something else.

I love music theory as a side thing to keep up on. So cool to see breakdowns like that.

Thanks for posting this, the music nerd in me really appreciates this kind of thing!

His linking of the chord progression of Urbosa’s theme to the first title drop motif caught my attention too. Also, multiple (possible) nods to the Twilight Princess theme are interesting.

I was on board until he called Hyrule Castle "King Rhoam's Theme" and mistook a 5 note generic rising bridge for "Twilight Princess" :p

I never took in the fact that it looks like every single destroyed guardian that was in front of Fort Hateno is now gone (in the scene where a handful of people are fighting moblins and bomoblins while Link is twirling that Zonai spear while riding his horse, if you forget where Fort Hateno is).

Last edited:

pointcrows (mod man ) vs nintendo

I don’t watch this guy or really any YouTubers, so excuse me for any ignorance I show, but I can’t really get behind the ‘I really want to be excited for TotK, but Nintendo making claims against my older videos is getting the way’ crap. Either you are are excited for the game or you’re not. The health of your YouTube channel and the money you stand to make or not make shouldn’t be a factor. It almost feels like a cowardly threat — “Either you let me do as I please or the opinions I share with my million+ subscribers might be affected.” Again, I’m probably talking out of turn, this is just the second “content creator” I’ve seen today that said this in regards to TotK, and it comes off as petty.

I don’t watch this guy or really any YouTubers, so excuse me for any ignorance I show, but I can’t really get behind the ‘I really want to be excited for TotK, but Nintendo making claims against my older videos is getting the way’ crap. Either you are are excited for the game or you’re not. The health of your YouTube channel and the money you stand to make or not make shouldn’t be a factor. It almost feels like a cowardly threat — “Either you let me do as I please or the opinions I share with my million+ subscribers might be affected.” Again, I’m probably talking out of turn, this is just the second “content creator” I’ve seen today that said this in regards to TotK, and it comes off as petty.
He's a major BOTW content creator on YT
I don't watch his stuff. But it's understandable that something that he sinks countless hours into / is a big part of his livelihood would make him feel this way.

Are you kidding? Lol

You really can't see how that would sour someone?

The way Nintendo constantly push their weight legally over stupid shit is cowardly. Nintendo's in the wrong, but there's no way almost anyone could ever challenge them without massive amounts of money. But your stance is Nintendo should do what they please, and you should be happy about it.

Last edited:
I'm thinking extra long-eared lady is Ancient Zelda, and goat man is Ancient Link. No reason to assume every incarnation of Link is Hylian/Human. This is why goat man displays some familiarity with present-day Zelda, placing his hand on her shoulder: because he knows a previous incarnation of her.

So, I dunno if this has already been brought up at all yet, and it’s probably nothing, but the design on this new shield that Link uses has been in the back of my mind for awhile now because I swear it looked familiar but I hadn’t bothered to analyze it much until now…

XhpBvg2.png

…and I just realized what it looks like—it bears a striking resemblance to the specific eye symbol that is associated with Vaati!

cKTMnm8.png

kYBYQ1N.png

ScRWFo2.png

Like I said, it’s probably nothing, and I certainly don’t expect Vaati to be showing up here…but it does make me wonder if it’s intentionally supposed to look similar to Vaati’s symbol for some reason. After all, Fujibayashi did also direct the Four Sword trilogy…

I never took in the fact that it looks like every single destroyed guardian that was in front of Fort Hateno is now gone (in the scene where a handful of people are fighting moblins and bomoblins while Link is twirling that Zonai spear while riding his horse, if you forget where Fort Hateno is).
The fact that every Guardian has mysteriously disappeared is going to make it really cool when we find the last one hiding out in some dank cave

What cycle? Fan theories saying the game is going to start the events of SS are wild speculation.

If you mean Demise's curse, it also isn't a cycle. It isn't causing events to happen over and over, it's simply a promise that evil will always challenge good.
I Denise's curse is literally what causes link, zelda and Ganondorf to fight each other. Over and over. Not just good and evil. The royal blood and the spirit of the hero are reborn to fight demise hatred. It's a cycle.

I Denise's curse is literally what causes link, zelda and Ganondorf to fight each other. Over and over. Not just good and evil. The royal blood and the spirit of the hero are reborn to fight demise hatred. It's a cycle.

Not quite. Reincarnation is a cycle, but it isn't because of Demise. The 'curse' is that evil will always oppose those with the Goddesses blood and the Soul of the hero. He isn't reincarnating anyone.

Either way, you would want to end the cycle of reincarnation, or destroy evil for good? The recurring characters are a defining trait of the series, and how would the story continue without a villian? It either paints them into a corner, or drastically changes the identity of the series for no good reason.

Last edited:
Don’t use ‘woke’ in a pejorative sense on Famiboards. - PixelKnight, Xghost777, Barely Able
I hate the “Link find me” line. I hope it’s misdirection. I’m not even in the “playable Zelda” camp, I just don’t want her to be somebody in need of saving.

I hope it’s more a case that Link is transported away somewhere, and perhaps she’s a beacon to finding his way back. Even then I’m not sure if fits.
Lol what? If she's stuck in the past what could she ever do? And by the way Zelda was always a feminine character who showed some strong and badass traits but always relied on Link to fix it all. Why would they change it, because of some woke nonsense?

Last edited:
Lol what? If she's stuck in the past what could she ever do? And by the way Zelda was always a demone character who showed some strong and badass traits but always relied on Link ti fix it all. Why would they change it? Because of some woke nonsense?
..."woke nonsense"? Really?

Lol what? If she's stuck in the past what could she ever do? And by the way Zelda was always a feminine character who showed some strong and badass traits but always relied on Link to fix it all. Why would they change it, because of some woke nonsense?
You might want to look above you. There's a ban hammer starting fo fall.

cover5.jpg

If famiboards is willing to cancel someone because their opinion do not match theirs... don't bother, I'm the one who will not come back. Lol.
Lmao imagine saying "famiboards is willing to cancel me" with a straight face. I will never understand how people go on and on about "woke" and "cancelling" without realizing how dumb they sound.

I hate the “Link find me” line. I hope it’s misdirection. I’m not even in the “playable Zelda” camp, I just don’t want her to be somebody in need of saving.

I hope it’s more a case that Link is transported away somewhere, and perhaps she’s a beacon to finding his way back. Even then I’m not sure if fits.

I'm not a fan of that specific line either, especially when the line before it already put emphasis on how everything will be relying on Link. The English VA somehow made that line even worse, Japanese VA did a way better job imo.

I just don't like the fact that most of Zelda's lines in the trailer are Link...Link, Link!

That being said, I get why they chose to make it that way, cause Link is the player, the trailer is trying to connect with player, I totally get that, I just don't like it that much.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of that specific line either, especially when the line before it already put emphasis on how everything will be relying on Link. The English VA somehow made that line even worse, Japanese VA did a way better job imo.

I just don't like the fact that most of Zelda's lines in the trailer are Link...Link, Link!

That being said, I get why they chose to make it that way, cause Link is the player, the trailer is trying to connect with player, I totally get that, I just don't like it that much.

Hoping that it's a lot of misdirection. She does have whatever it is that 'only she can do', hopefully that plays a major role.

Her character in botw dealt with jealousy and frustration over her not being able to fulfill her role. Now would be a great time to develop her overcoming that.

I've just realised Zelda in that epic trailer for BoTW cried and said everything she had done has been for nothing, but now that she's more confident in her abilities, she's determined to do what only she can do. The 2 trailers match each other really nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom