• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
five-guys-burgers-and-fries.gif

klYrRa.gif

The second someone got their hands on this book, they would leak. It's naive to suggest you could disincentivize it.
It's more like if most of this stuff was already revealed in a trailer, that leak would have been way less of a big deal then it is. So just that might make someone less likely to take the risk and post it.

Quoted by: ze_
You can’t translate art work to gigantic video game and say some art work is disappointing. It’s something people were going to get early and Nintendo knew this

You can’t translate art work to gigantic video game and say some art work is disappointing. It’s something people were going to get early and Nintendo knew this
I don't doubt that this is barely anything in the game. Just responding to the earlier poster saying that it was substantial

Because it's not that interesting. Lots of samey architecture, no sign of dungeons

Can't agree with 'samey'. And there's no context attached to these locations to determine what isn't or is a dungeon or mini dungeon.

Can't agree with 'samey'. And there's no context attached to these locations to determine what isn't or is a dungeon or mini dungeon.
There's an image that looks basically like the ceiling of a BotW shrine. Zonai architecture seems to have replaced the Sheikah stuff from the first game. Very little visual variety from this book

There's an image that looks basically like the ceiling of a BotW shrine. Zonai architecture seems to have replaced the Sheikah stuff from the first game. Very little visual variety from this book
Disagree lol

Are people really trying to blame Nintendo for this leak, as if them showing more info in their trailers would have prevented this? Lol
I think what they meant to say was if they had shown way more in the trailers, then this artbook leak wouldn’t be a big deal.

But yeah they could’ve showed a ton already and it wouldn’t have stopped this artbook from leaking

I don't know what this is in reference to and I'm a bit scared to ask
LOYALTY TO NINTENDO. LOYALTY TO THE BRAND.

That's a Red Letter Media reference, and I was referring to the arguments you had in the "Bummed about TotK trailers" thread, in which you argued that EPD3 has deserved our trust at this point IIRC ;) .

It's more like if most of this stuff was already revealed in a trailer, that leak would have been way less of a big deal then it is. So just that might make someone less likely to take the risk and post it.
The likelihood of leaks is always 100% with highly anticipated titles.

Are people really trying to blame Nintendo for this leak, as if them showing more info in their trailers would have prevented this? Lol
Nintendo not being directly linked to it but as in some actions have the potential to influence others. More info would make this leak less appealing to make or less important to talk about. The fact we have no info basically makes the risk to leak it greater and the content more interesting.

On a scale from oof to ouchie, how much will this hurt the development team? As I don't think this is what they had envisioned... or maybe they did, no idea how marketing works. It seems to have increased many peoples hype already anyway so not much harm done there.

I just can't agree with "very little visual variety". Even just looking at four more pages there are islands and interiors that look distinct from one another and convey very different moods, even when sharing similar assets. ¯\(ツ)/¯

Ok, I have to admit as someone who's not liked the marketing of this game that much: the little things that I did not know about before looking further into the art book are making me hyped. Enough to where at only like 20 or so pages in I had to stop even just from skimming.

The new race? and the new frog enemy look really, really cool. I'm sure people here figured all this out years ago but I have not been doing in-depth analysis on the game (nor do I care too).

It sucks because it's in that weird in-between where there's nothing I've seen that seems to show a gameplay hook for people who are really, really unimpressed with the game so far, but also if you're looking to pickup the game anyways I'd actually argue some of the stuff in this artbook are among the worst things to spoil. It's the little things that are spoiled here, the kind of stuff Breath of the Wild lived on.

I still think it's too premature to call out people who were worried about this basically being Breath of the Wild 1.5, that's a valid concern and has been in the past and there's nothing wrong with being skeptical especially with how this game has been marketed. But also this looks really, really cool.

On a scale from oof to ouchie, how much will this hurt the development team? As I don't think this is what they had envisioned... or maybe they did, no idea how marketing works. It seems to have increased many peoples hype anyway so not much harm done there.
I don't think it will hurt the development team as much as it will the marketing team—they're probably very bummed out, furious even at this leak. But now it's out of their hands and control, so they basically just gotta bite the bullet on this one.

LOYALTY TO NINTENDO. LOYALTY TO THE BRAND.

That's a Red Letter Media reference, and I was referring to the arguments you had in the "Bummed about TotK trailers" thread, in which you argued that EPD3 has deserved our trust at this point IIRC ;) .
I more meant I had completely missed that there was this leak.

I had to peak just in case it was taken down, and to be honest, there are a few spoilers, but I would say 60% are things already known or you wouldn’t be surprised. I don’t see anything in there that is not going to be revealed with the next trailer, so if you weren’t planning on watching the next trailer then don’t look, otherwise it doesn’t answer 95% off the topics we have been discussing. IMO

Wish there were a sorted table of contents for the artbook leaks, I'd be fine with seeing new armor (all of which ranges from cool to fucking sweet) but want to remain unspoiled about locations (besides the ones I already saw).

(Of course the smart thing to do is to avoid everything completely but do I seem like a reasonable person? lol)

The likelihood of leaks is always 100% with highly anticipated titles.
Yea, but if we had more substantial info on the game this wouldn't be the only thing circulating around like it will most likely be for the coming weeks.

Apparently there is also no redeads in this while it was very clearly in the trailer. This is probably more limited stuff then we think.
I agree. Stuff from these trailers are not even in this artbook. There’s only so much you can have in it. This is just a very very small portion of stuff in the game.

A trailer 11 days ago and now the art book has leaked, feels weird to finally have some good fucking food (I have only looked at the first few images though).

I just can't with this game. Some of the things shown off in the book is literal freaking perfection. Perfection, I tell you. EPD3's art directors operate on an entirely different level.

Peaked and saw up to the sky lady in the other thread. Yeah, she looks cool as hell, don’t need to see anymore. The hype from ya’ll is enough.

It’s amazing how little Nintendo has shown off of this game. They must be saving a ton for a final story trailer reveal, because this art book look has ton of stuff and we still know nothing about the core gameplay loop.

For what it’s worth, it doesn’t seem like a lot of the new enemy variety types we saw in the last trailer are in the book. There also seems to be no sign of any bosses. Apparently, if you can read Japanese, it spoils a little more or so I have read. But I can’t read Japanese lol.

This game has a lot more of its own identity that has been led on by the trailers we’ve gotten so far.

For anybody on the fence, there’s a lot of new imagery in the book but after reading it cover to cover, I definitely don’t feel spoiled. So take that how you will.

Apparently there is also no redeads in this while it was very clearly in the trailer. This is probably more limited stuff then we think.
I'm glad. As someone who's ordering the Collector's Edition, I'd have been annoyed if on the same day I got the book and game cartridge and starting paging through the former, I'd suddenly be spoiled by major moments and locations.

The content of this book is definitely spoilery (and probably even more so if you know Japanese), but it's in the range of spoilery-ness that I think the team is somewhat ok with as they inherently took a risk with shipping a game with an artbook.

Unfortunately they can't control the messaging around these leaks and the various comments saying "that's it?" or trying to make conclusions about dungeons or mechanics from out-of-context images. I think people seeking all the answers from this will be disappointed. But it's not like the BotW pre-release cycle gave all the answers either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom