• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something that would've 100% leaked before the game launches anyway, considering it's a CE pack-in. Right? So I doubt they put many late-game or major spoilers in this. Probably stuff that would be covered in the next trailer or gameplay demo.

This is something that would've 100% leaked before the game launches anyway, considering it's a CE pack-in. Right? So I doubt they put many late-game or major spoilers in this. Probably stuff that would be covered in the next trailer or gameplay demo.

Yep, it would've leaked early eventually, I'm just surprised it leaked like what, 80 days out? It definitely makes it harder to avoid and makes the artwork seem much more spoilery.

Wish there were a sorted table of contents for the artbook leaks, I'd be fine with seeing new armor (all of which ranges from cool to fucking sweet) but want to remain unspoiled about locations (besides the ones I already saw).

(Of course the smart thing to do is to avoid everything completely but do I seem like a reasonable person? lol)
There's a reddit post on the tears sub that just has the armors. I checked it out and it is in fact just the armors. Want the link?

So I posted this in another thread, but I feel this thread would also really like this info being here. Be aware, this comes from the leak, and is a picture of a seemingly important character, so it is pretty spoiler-y (imo). Do not click if you don't want to be spoiled or feel like you have been.

Apparently, this guy is named Rauru. The alternate name of Kaepora Gaebora when not in owl form, and the old headmaster man from Skyward Sword. This appears to be an entirely different character, while still retaining the same namesake, and it's extremely interesting to see what he looks like in this game.

After looking it up on the Zelda Wiki, here's more additional info: "[In Ocarina of Time], when Link defeats Ganon, Rauru leads the other Sages when they use their powers to seal Ganondorf within the Sacred Realm. In The Wind Waker, Rauru, like the other Sages who helped seal Ganondorf within the Sacred Realm, is memorialized within one of the stained glass windows in Hyrule Castle's basement, where the Master Sword is now enshrined."

This is the guy that stops Ganondorf. This is also the same guy who saves Link. The theories may now intensify further.
1676837708020-png.1233

I think we're going to keep this thread free from the art book spoilers for a while, including discussion of the leaks.

There's a reddit post on the tears sub that just has the armors. I checked it out and it is in fact just the armors. Want the link?
It's ok I caved and ended up paging through a lot of the book :)
I only regret looking through it a little bit. My daydreams will be filled with the places I want to visit during this book.

It's ok I caved and ended up paging through a lot of the book :)
I only regret looking through it a little bit. My daydreams will be filled with the places I want to visit during this book.
To be perfectly honest it answers like two or 3 questions for me since I only glanced and won’t be studying them until after the last trailer. It feels like it’s just another teaser trailer because there is no context around what I was looking at, and I could easily ask another 1000 questions on what I just saw.

To be perfectly honest it answers like two or 3 questions for me since I only glanced and won’t be studying them until after the last trailer. It feels like it’s just another teaser trailer because there is no context around what I was looking at, and I could easily ask another 1000 questions on what I just saw.
Exactly.
The sheer majesty, scope, and mystery of what I've seen is nuts. It feels like there's more variety in this artbook alone than the entirety of Creating a Champion.
And there's still zero context for all of it.

Time will fly by quickly. We are under 3 months of release and they started being more active about it. The holidays were like 2 months ago already lmao.

Why? Why would you do a Livestream and showing and spoiling the Artbook? Had to unsubscribe to some Youtube Channel because of that, I accidentally chlickrd on one!

Nintendo is gonna go nuclear on that leak.

And if what's in the artbook is what Nintendo is willing to put in it for the game's release. Imagine what they are still hiding.

The leak has already been copied and downloaded thousands of times. There's no way they can contain it now.

I will say, I couldn't resist looking at it and I'm glad I did because it answered some of my biggest questions about the gameworld and now I couldn't be more excited! This doesn't just look like the Zelda game I've always wanted, it looks like the adventure game in general I've always wanted. There's just so much variety and creativity and the endless possibilities are giving me the same sense of intrigue I had before BOTW came out!

I'm thinking this game is gonna be so unique after seeing that art book
Every Zelda game is. I feel like this is the Zelda team's desire every entry. I knew the game would stand out in a big way to Botw, but that marketing really isn't showing it so far.

Nintendo is gonna go nuclear on that leak.

And if what's in the artbook is what Nintendo is willing to put in it for the game's release. Imagine what they are still hiding.
Reminds me of the Soundtrack that came with the collectors editions of BOTW. 24 songs, but 8 of them were just day and night town themes. no hyrule castle themes, no boss themes, only 2 battle themes, no shrine theme, no divine beast themes.

there's not even any artwork of the tornado we've seen in the sky in the last 2 or 3 trailers. none of the dragons.

feels like this is very little, tbh.

There's also zero artwork of the new towers or Death Mountain as far as I've seen.

How big will the full art book for this game be ? Bible sized ? Lmao

I'm curious if the leak will incentavize Nintendo to reveal more info sooner than they intended. I kinda already figured that if they want this game to have a playable demo, the only option they have is pax, so I was already expecting something near the middle of March, but I wonder if they might bump it up to the beginning of March now.

fuck I'm sorry but i gotta say it. what were they waiting for showing literally even .5% of ANY of this new stuff?? there is so much cool imagery in this book and if you're choosing not looking at it, please trust me when I tell you Nintendo touched on so so so so SO little of it. Circumstances are certainly shitty and this is undeserved and I feel for the people running damage control on this tomorrow but the marketing push for this game has been terribly baffling. I gave those last few trailers the benefit of the doubt but all this shit they could've talked about from this book tells me that Nintendo's been doing a poor job of making this game look unique.

Kit's tweet is really fair and makes a lot of sense to me.

fuck I'm sorry but i gotta say it. what were they waiting for showing literally even .5% of ANY of this new stuff?? there is so much cool imagery in this book and if you're choosing not looking at it, please trust me when I tell you Nintendo touched on so so so so SO little of it. Circumstances are certainly shitty and this is undeserved and I feel for the people running damage control on this tomorrow but the marketing push for this game has been terribly baffling. I gave those last few trailers the benefit of the doubt but all this shit they could've talked about from this book tells me that Nintendo's been doing a poor job of making this game look unique.

Exactly. Marketing should be to sell the game to the biggest audience possible yet even fans were saying to themselves "trust the zelda team, it's been in dev for 6 years there has to be more". I can't imagine more casual player, this truly seems like a bad marketing job until now.

Under 3 months and we've really seen nothing from them and we won't have another trailer for weeks.

Exactly. Marketing should be to sell the game to the biggest audience possible yet even fans were saying to themselves "trust the zelda team, it's been in dev for 6 years there has to be more". I can't imagine more casual player, this truly seems like a bad marketing job until now.

Under 3 months and we've really seen nothing from them and we won't have another trailer for weeks.

From a casual perspective, they seemed to be really hyped about the game. It's mostly the hardcore Zelda audience that is complaining about "poor marketing".

I mean that was my first thought when I saw the news that this leaked. Nintendo flew too close to the sun with secrecy. Sucks for the artists but yeah...

But also, it was pretty obvious they were hiding so goddamn much lmao. I mean this is the same company afraid to say the name of the game because it was a spoiler lmao. Either way RIPBOZO to the person who leaked it, who does videos on it the leaks and whatnot.

From a casual perspective, they seemed to be really hyped about the game. It's mostly the hardcore Zelda audience that is complaining about "poor marketing".
Yeah, I know a bunch of people who played Breath of the Wild and don’t follow videogame news at all and they are all pretty hyped with what we’ve seen of TOTK.

Ngl, the stuff from this art book is getting me more interested in the game.

define what you're looking for in trailer performance, all the TotK trailers have way more views than anything else on Nintendo's social channels
They do seem to have way less views than past Zelda trailers and usually had more views than the competition yet GoW had similar/slightly higher level of viewership. Like the one 6 months ago has 6 million views. It won't explode to 20 millions in a few years while Botw trailer 1 has 19 and final has 28 millions. Maybe it's Youtube's traffic that went down, but i feel like these trailers aren't as appealing to watch again and convey how the game will be, which is somewhat shown in the numbers as well.

Of course Trailer #2 of ToTK will have more views than Metroid Prime remaster that has not been talked about by them like at all. But that's a given.

People who have seen the leaks can you confirm:

Totk Wave 1 DLC - Tingle the Tyrant
TotK Wave 2 DLC - Death Mountain Theme Park
TotK Wave 3 DLC - Hyrule Derby

They do seem to have way less views than past Zelda trailers and usually had more views than the competition yet GoW had similar/slightly higher level of viewership. Like the one 6 months ago has 6 million views. It won't explode to 20 millions in a few years while Botw trailer 1 has 19 and final has 28 millions. Maybe it's Youtube's traffic that went down, but i feel like these trailers aren't as appealing to watch again and convey how the game will be, which is somewhat shown in the numbers as well.

Of course Trailer #2 of ToTK will have more views than Metroid Prime remaster that has not been talked about by them like at all. But that's a given.
you can't just make this type of claim with no evidence

but this is an uninteresting argument anyway

We live in a world where some people care more about the “hype” surrounding a game pre-release than actually playing the game.

Let’s let Nintendo worry about marketing the game. Ideally, wouldn’t we want to know as little as possible going in anyway?

I’m only here for impressions on the leaked art because I don’t want to look at them myself. Looks like whatever is in there is looking real good, so I’m sufficiently hyped now. I do think art books sometimes contain concepts that don’t appear in the final game, though, so that’s something to keep in mind. Now I think I’ll have to implement some sort of block to avoid the inevitable YouTube thumbnails about the leak.

I do think art books sometimes contain concepts that don’t appear in the final game, though, so that’s something to keep in mind.
Creating a Champion did, but it was tagged as such and most of the content in that book was in the game. It was also released a year after BotW and was sold as a separate large book, so it made sense to show unused content.

In this case, as a smaller book and CE bonus I'm confident everything we see in the artbook will be in the final game. Perhaps not matching the artistic renditions 100%, but it'll line up.

I’m only here for impressions on the leaked art because I don’t want to look at them myself. Looks like whatever is in there is looking real good, so I’m sufficiently hyped now. I do think art books sometimes contain concepts that don’t appear in the final game, though, so that’s something to keep in mind. Now I think I’ll have to implement some sort of block to avoid the inevitable YouTube thumbnails about the leak.
Nintendo’s CE art books contain stuff present in the game. It isn’t until later that art books with heavy spoilers and cut content appear.

I’ve looked through a few of my CE art books for games like Xenoblade 2 and FE Three Houses and most stuff is early game. Xenoblade 2 for example doesn’t have anything past like chapter 4, outside of a few enemies shown without context. There’s a fairly late game Titan but it showed up in trailers prominently.

These books are explicitly made for people to browse on day 1 and they’re not going to blow the lid off their game in them. They’re also not going to show stuff that’s cut because they are primarily made to advertise the game even further.

Creating a Champion did, but it was tagged as such and most of the content in that book was in the game. It was also released a year after BotW and was sold as a separate large book, so it made sense to show unused content.

In this case, as a smaller book and CE bonus I'm confident everything we see in the artbook will be in the final game. Perhaps not matching the artistic renditions 100%, but it'll line up.

Nintendo’s CE art books contain stuff present in the game. It isn’t until later that art books with heavy spoilers and cut content appear.

I’ve looked through a few of my CE art books for games like Xenoblade 2 and FE Three Houses and most stuff is early game. Xenoblade 2 for example doesn’t have anything past like chapter 4, outside of a few enemies shown without context. There’s a fairly late game Titan but it showed up in trailers prominently.

These books are explicitly made for people to browse on day 1 and they’re not going to blow the lid off their game in them. They’re also not going to show stuff that’s cut because they are primarily made to advertise the game even further.
Ah I see, thanks for the clarification! In either case I’m glad I have a safe space to read about the leaks without being overtly spoiled. I’m deathly afraid of the other thread right now haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom