• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Super Mario RPG remake — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: developed by ArtePiazza)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many stars are there? Are the stars legendary? I no longer know with the lack of a subtitle!

I’m not a fan of the chibi-ish character designs but not a deal-breaker. Looks good otherwise. I hope there are additional changes besides Valentina’s lack of lower back problems.

Removing the subtitle was a weird choice.

Very cool announcement, will definitely be picking this up. I got half way through this on the VC when my save was corrupted and never finished it. Looking forward to finishing it this time.

Not sure about the art style though. Doesn't look bad, just a bit generic, especially the character models.

I knew this wouldn't be lost to time. Can't wait to finally play it (even though I have access to the SNES version lol)

Terrible artsyle but the music sounds great.

I completed the original for the first time a couple years ago and it was okay but didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as some.
Hopefully with this re-release people can realise Geno fuckin' sucks and Mallow is the true best character.

Well, this helps explain why it hasn't shown up on NSO yet.

The old subtitle was only used for western releases anyway.

The art style looks... like Super Mario RPG.

Between thism, Wonder, and the movie.l.. I'm so glad Nintendo is letting Mario get weird again!

Oh, I just realized what this art style and UI reminds me of. Don't kill me because I do like it, but...

a Mario Party minigame

Chained Kong returns

533e57b3e1d01d517b731a09f80a70529c40acfe.pnj

Anyways this looks so incredible, the art style and remixed tunes are exactly what I wanted.

This and Super Mario Wonder saved a rather dull Direct. The style here is not as inspired as in the original but is still very influenced by it.

Is great that a new audience can finally experience the Superior Mario RPG (Sorry TTYD, you don't stand a chance).

It's been forever since I played the original but it looks like there's some combat changes. That radial cyan gauge with a percent is new, right? There was some chain mechanic and it looks like it was giving stat boosts according to that window on the left. The original combat could get a little rote with the small skill set per character so I'm interested in how it looks like they're spicing it up.

surprising.

I don't think SE is making this though, so I wonder who's on it
That will be interesting if SE isn’t involved considering they own many of the characters. I wonder if Nintendo had to pay them a lisencing fee…

Also this game looks gorgeous. I still can’t believe it’s real. Hopefully it pushes Geno and Mallow out of obscurity!

I mused last night if this existed it could be the November game. Absolutely shocked its real and it’s clear so much care when into this. Blown away.

Could you please explain the implications of this to someone who's never played Super Mario RPG and doesn't know who this person is?
She's the original composer. Also famous for being the composer of the Kingdom Hearts series and other titles like Xenoblade 1, Radiant Historia, Legend of Mana, and composed several themes including Ryu's for Street Fighter II. She's kind of a big deal when it comes to videogame composers.

Phendrift's post was saying she's back to handle the new music arrangements herself

It frankly couldn't possibly have looked worse than the original, so I'm happy with the art style. They even kept Chained Kong! But I never liked Mario RPG much, so I'm already getting everything I could have wanted out of this with that fire version of Fight Against a Stronger Monster. If the rest of it sounds that good, then damn!

Also the renewed Geno in Smash discourse will be funny.

Yesterday I said I hoped that if it was real, it would stay very round, very reminescent of the N64 era renders... And they did it !! It looks glorious !
Straight out of the game's box art... this is beautiful.

Mario looks WEIRD AS FUCK in 2023 between this and Wonder, and I'm all in for it 😭😭😭😭
(Even the Princess Peach game looks weird !)

This being the holiday game (launches around Black Friday), Mario movie and Wonder boost, sells like crazy, Mario RPGs are BACK.

I wish 🥲

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom