• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Pre-Release Super Mario RPG remake — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: developed by ArtePiazza)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have always wanted to play Mario RPG, so this is definitely a day one get.

Question for those who've played it, how is the story? Is it more simplistic like the Mario & Luigi games, or is a bit more developed?

I mentioned in the direct thread, but Mario RPG is one of my all time favorite games, the first RPG that I ever played, and peak perfect nostalgia. I never in a million years thought they'd do a faithful remake. This is easily the best announcement of the year for me personally and I can't wait. I even wore my super obscure Mario RPG hoodie today to help will this announcement into existence after the rumours started. So happy!

Have always wanted to play Mario RPG, so this is definitely a day one get.

Question for those who've played it, how is the story? Is it more simplistic like the Mario & Luigi games, or is a bit more developed?
Rather simplistic, with a lot of funny and cute moments. Paper Mario 64 kind of story.

will this still be in?
FzJ6ClQX0AAsIm5

If this can get a remake, so too can M&L 5-10 years from now
Well, both Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story got remakes on 3DS and Dream Team and Paper Jam had a similar look so they might as well release all on them as a collection on Switch (they would skip Partners in Time but I'm kinda fine with that).

This looks incredible, I was ready for an hd-2d game but instead it's getting the full 3d remake and it looks perfect.
Never played the game so this is an easy day 1 for me.
The ui looks so much like a mario party game that I'm wondering if the remake is made by NDCube, it looks gorgeous just like the mario party game so it wouldn't surprise me.

and there go Mario + Rabbids 2 sales legs

should have listened to Nintendo Ubisoft and held it for the next Switch

As much as I love the HD-2D stuff, I think it would've looked very odd for this game. So I'm happy they're going for something sorta close to the original, yet updated for modern day. Gonna be a day 1 purchase.

For me the remake being pretty close to modern Mario style (character proportions aside) is actually super exciting because it feels surreal to see RPG characters rendered in the same style as the main series

Never played it before, since the SNES version didn't get an EU release, so pretty interested in this.

It is kinda funny/sad that Yoshi of all the characters was erased from the boxart

This is gonna be a brand new Mario game for a ton of kids who have switch as their first console, just saw the Mario movie, etc.

:^)

I said "no fucking way," the rumors were too crazy to be true and... here we are, I even got a little teary eyed. Few video games had an impact on me like SMRPG, and I'm loving the visual style. 60 dollars for what appears to be nearly a 1:1 remake of a SNES game seems like a bit much, but I don't care, it's fucking SMRPG... plus, I'll just use a voucher with this and Wonder

Cannot wait

Looks like another ND Cube side project?

If so, I've loved all their projects on Switch... and i even liked amiibo festival

I'd be kinda surprised if Square Enix wasn't making this considering, you know, it's their game pretty much (the whole entire reason we're never getting it on NSO).

I love how big budget it looks. Clearly a lot of love and care went into this. The cutscenes look incredible especially the rainbow road scene. And unlike the Superstar Saga Remake it looks like the original enemy designs are being translated faithfully to 3D with all their wackiness! The only thing that‘s throwing me off is Mario and Peach. Not a fan of the chibi look on them, looks sorta uncanny valley. The art style in the original looked stronger and more unique too.

Regardless I never played the og game all the way through so I‘ll be picking this up day 1!

Who is making this? PLEASE tell me that Nintendo managed to scoop up the staff from Alphadream and that they've been working on this remake!!!

Please! I need Alphadream back!

Looks like another ND Cube side project?

If so, I've loved all their projects on Switch... and i even liked amiibo festival
If so, ND Cube is really killing it

they nail scope/budget/fidelity in a way that Camelot could learn from lol

Amiibo Festival wasn't a terrible game. It just was a terrible holiday game.
It was absolutely a terrible game, even if you got rid of the forced amiibo nonsense, it was still a really bad board game game.

I said "no fucking way," the rumors were too crazy to be true and... here we are, I even got a little teary eyed. Few video games had an impact on me like SMRPG, and I'm loving the visual style. 60 dollars for what appears to be nearly a 1:1 remake of a SNES game seems like a bit much, but I don't care, it's fucking SMRPG... plus, I'll just use a voucher with this and Wonder

Cannot wait

Yep, Wonder + SMRPG is a great 1-2 hit for vouchers just a month apart.

It matches the original Japanese box art...

1280x720.jpg

So it's probably final.

It also explains why they dropped the subtitle...because in Japan, the game was always just called "Super Mario RPG", and "Legend of the Seven Stars" was bolted on in localization lol

Also makes it a lot easier if they do make a true sequel to have the naming convention consistent across regions.

oh god, the geno for smash people have gotten new life haven't they?

It was pretty likely even without this imo. You're out of your mind if you think a character as heavily requested as Geno wouldn't make it if Smash went in the same direction as Ultimate with the next game.

I can't wait to enjoy this small game.

I like the artstyle. At first I was a little iffy but watching it in action turned me completely in favor. It actually fits. Also that music is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom