• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Super Mario RPG remake — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: developed by ArtePiazza)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to the general spoiler warning on the last page, a certain prominent Twitter / YouTube user tied with Geno and speculation has unfortunately placed a heavy (contextually) spoiler image as a Twitter post (even if under the Sensitive Content blur) just in the last little bit, so would recommend avoiding outright if you want to remain unspoiled.

Get away from the internet if you want to avoid spoilers. Trust me, this game has some surprises you are gonna love

Is it okay if I start a spoiler thread for this game now that leaks have started? Or is this place okay to post spoilers

Get away from the internet if you want to avoid spoilers. Trust me, this game has some surprises you are gonna love
Oh shiiiiiiiiiiit

It’s pretty hype hearing there’s apparently more to this than a 1:1 remake, gonna have to filter my Youtube recs to dodge spoilers

Update 2 about the developer

Post in thread 'Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars' https://famiboards.com/threads/nint...-st-nintendo-party-superstars.114/post-896165

Looks like (thanks for the credits leak) is an internal production of EPD2, with a big participation of Nintendo Pictures, and Artepiazza was making development support
This is a splendid news, the game being an epd production with support from arte piazza in the same vein as a metroid dread or even pikmin4 means there’s real interest for a revival of the ip inside Nintendo. Maybe we’ll really get mario rpg 2 in the future if the game does well.

Obc46uB.png

TtW5vMZ.gif

Best thing about the end of physical releases will be the end of spoilers before release.

This is a splendid news, the game being an epd production with support from arte piazza in the same vein as a metroid dread or even pikmin4 means there’s real interest for a revival of the ip inside Nintendo. Maybe we’ll really get mario rpg 2 in the future if the game does well.

If there is a sequel I hope that Wario will join the cast (how about Wario vs Booster, the crew mix both up?)

This is leaping to conclusions.

Whenever I get around to playing this game, I hope doing so will explain why Geno is such a popular Smash Bros. request. As a newbie only looking at promo materials, Mallow is my #1.

Whenever I get around to playing this game, I hope doing so will explain why Geno is such a popular Smash Bros. request. As a newbie only looking at promo materials, Mallow is my #1.

The secret is, Mallow is way better

It probably won't answer your question lol

I think Geno got singled out because his design and general persona give him a sense of mystery and intrigue. For little kids, he's "cool" in a way none of the other Mario cast quite is. Then he showed up on a Smash poll Sakurai ran back in the N64 days and the rest is history.

It's time to take a hard look at the facts

Geno is made of wood. Imagine trying to give him a hug. Your face will probably leave with a splinter from his hasty construction

Mallow is made of clouds. Soft and fluffy. Just a friendly and cuddly boy.

It's clear that Mallow is better...

It's time to take a hard look at the facts

Geno is made of wood. Imagine trying to give him a hug. Your face will probably leave with a splinter from his hasty construction

Mallow is made of clouds. Soft and fluffy. Just a friendly and cuddly boy.

It's clear that Mallow is better...

SMRPG_NS_Mallow_2.png

Honestly the best joke involving Geno involves the puppet's owner who disses Mario and Mallow has to hold Mario back to avoid him punching a child.

...which still gives points to Mallow, not Geno.

But really, Fat Yoshi trumps both of them.

I'm really loving it more and more with each passing glimpse of footage I see.

Wonder what they'll work on next, if they'll partner with Nintendo again and become like a second Grezzo

If I may make a suggestion....
Image3

I'm really loving it more and more with each passing glimpse of footage I see.

Wonder what they'll work on next, if they'll partner with Nintendo again and become like a second Grezzo

If I may make a suggestion....
Image3

Give it some color and claymation-style it up like the Mother 3 remake fan project, and I'm all in.

we'll survive but i'll feel better pointing out when someone is gross lol
damn and here I thought we could just be friends

Anyway, Super Mario RPG has been remade, it looks incredible, and it releases in four days!

You'll have to work a lot harder than that to drag me down this week lol I got Frog Coins to find

The ST is up so the OP requested this thread to be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom