• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Splatoon 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one, but I really like Splatoon single player.

I see people shit on Hero Mode a lot, but for me their tight, streamlined level design, quirky charm, awesome boss fights and buttery smooth gameplay is every bit up the usual high standards I expect of an EPD game.

I played the heck out of both 1 and 2's campaigns and can't wait to play the heck out of 3. Small Fry seems like a cool addition and what they've shown so far looks like great fun.
I also feel the same about both campaings :)

This thread has mostly info we already knew about, but wtf these rewards you get with scales from fighting the king salmonid are cool

What do scales do?

They're the currency you use to buy rewards from Grizzco shown in the tweet, like uniforms, statues for your locker, stickers and splashtag banners
Thank you, I had no idea about that.
I just read about Sheldon licenses and IDK how to feel about them.

The only thing I'm going to miss about Splashdown is the satisfying feeling of cancelling them in mid-air, especially with the Squiffer.

Also, 5 years and more then 4,000 hours later, people who squidbag after a splat are starting to get on my nerves 😤
Adding it to the list, along with people who refuse to play during the last match before a stage change, or those who follow you and self-kill during the whole battle.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend me Joy con alternatives I can get in the UK? I have Hori Split Pad Pro but there's no gyro which I'm going to definitely need for Splatoon 3.

I have seen Binbok and Nyxi but I hear they have bad deadzones? Any ideas?

I'm hearing reports the full game got leaked? Not sure if true, but stay vigilant for story spoilers

Source is my friend who is very invested in switch modding stuff

Ah so the game probably leaked in full then?

Like clockwork...1st party Nintendo games a week before launch.

All I want is some of the music from Hero Mode and that's it!

The person who has it doesn't have a modded Switch, so the files aren't out

Ok cool, that'll make the drip feed of info a bit slower potentially. I did see a few pics of cutscenes on twitter but unsure what is real or not.

Damn, less than a week to go already. Xenoblade really helping me out here with the otherwise excruciating last week

Xenoblade 3 releasing earlier than Splatoon 3 has been one of the BEST Nintendo decisions during this Switch era. I'll probably beat the game on Monday but will still have enough side content to keep me busy up to that Friday.

Last edited:
Splatoon 3's merch sales have been going in full force from yesterday through ichiban kuji in Japan. Lots of stuff I want, but can't really afford the import prices :cry:

Welp thanks youtube, that would have been a nice surprise. I guess every asshole out there wants to be prosafia now

question for those who have seen story mode spoilers, does the story itself seem promising or are there any big surprises worth avoiding leaks?

question for those who have seen story mode spoilers, does the story itself seem promising or are there any big surprises worth avoiding leaks?
There's one thing you could have guessed at, but it would be cool to experience blind. I got youtube'd and kinda wish I would have seen it in game first.

Either way, story mode does look promising!

There's one thing you could have guessed at, but it would be cool to experience blind. I got youtube'd and kinda wish I would have seen it in game first.

Either way, story mode does look promising!

i have absolutely no idea what you could be referring to and that's super exciting lol, definitely will try to avoid stuff in that case. thanks for sharing!

Alright. Youtube app gone from my phone's home screen and bookmark removed from my browser. Can't risk anything.

Man, why did it have to leak so far before release. Just 2-3 days would've been fine but I can't keep myself distracted without social media for that long 🥲

Always love when the calendar ticks over to the week a game like this releases. The hype builds, and then boom, it's out and we're splatting and squidding and kidding.

ended up getting spoiled by youtube thumbnails lmao so those of you trying to avoid spoilers be wary

ultimately i think i'm fine with getting spoiled because i really dislike some elements of the story based on what i saw lol

ended up getting spoiled by youtube thumbnails lmao so those of you trying to avoid spoilers be wary

ultimately i think i'm fine with getting spoiled because i really dislike some elements of the story based on what i saw lol
Why? It can't honestly be bad right?

If you're referring to the idol boss fights, they're not actual villains. They're just after the treasure.

If you're referring to the idol boss fights, they're not actual villains. They're just after the treasure.

nah not quite, i meant the final boss. the deep cut boss fights look to be some of the best in the series, def excited for them

Why? It can't honestly be bad right?

it's subjective but i wouldn't call it bad, i think a lot of people will be left satisfied and will enjoy the direction the story goes but it was something i was personally rooting against

Dipping out of this thread until shortly before release when I'll post the Splatoon 3 ST, since people are discussing the story now. Ciao!

Dipping out of this thread until shortly before release when I'll post the Splatoon 3 ST, since people are discussing the story now. Ciao!
To be honest, I don't think we should discuss it in this thread anymore. If anyone wants to make a spoiler thread for it, feel free to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom