• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Splatoon 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ranked (now Anarchy) no longer being based on mode is a godsend to me, because when every ranked mode had to fight for being highlighted in ranked, I am not able to get the ranked mode that I wanted to play to get a chance to raise the rank, which is very inconvenient. The new system ensures that even if I drop rank, I don't need to wait for that ranked mode to show up and can tackle it in a different rank, so more scheduling flexibility.

Though I would probably linger within the lower ranks because I don't feel like I am good enough for the high ranks. I wonder how long you're able to stay within a specific rank before you're forced to upgrade.

Thank you for reading.

Mincemeat clams seems like it will get redesigned very quickly. The blocks on the right side should be a ramp

The presentators are doing a really good job hyping and explaining the matches!!

Some great matches going on!
I also like the changes made to Rainmaker!

If you didn't know: After the Rainmaker adjustment, Splat Zones is now the mode with the quickest knockout potential.

Pretty, pretty nasty use right there of Triple Inkstrike's ability to almost insta-pop the Rainmaker and still have two other strikers left over to toss in the escape path of enemies fleeing the shield burst damage.

Unrelated, but are masks still a big thing in the US? I was surprised to see literally everyone wearing one there.

They've been as good as totally abandoned over here in the UK.

3 was delayed? When?

Because Xenoblade got pushed up?
Splatoon 3 planned for "Summer"
Xenoblade 3 planned for "September"
Xenoblade 3 moved to July
Splatoon 3 released in September
Xenoblade 3 Limited Edition still in September

The only possible reason for Xenoblade 3 to release earlier without its LE is that Nintendo had to fill a gap [left by Splatoon 3's delay]. They would've never released XC3 and S3 in the same month, especially with no new game for Obon

Inspired by a tweet, what're your 3 most-inked weapons in S2 now that it's the end? I didn't expect mine to be clones 😭
unknown.png

Here are my favorites/most used:

bI6dnvc.png

Me too, Xenoblade 3 melting my switch is what pushed me to do it. It looks dope though! Haven't even used it yet, but that will change this Friday
Mine is getting delivered this Friday, but I don't think I'll use it right away (too lazy to do the transfer :p).

At this point I don't even want to do the levels, I'm just content roaming the overworld, doesn't help that it's permissive to go to next zones.
Nice freedom I wasn't expecting.

TOP 3 TURFERS

1st place - the Splattershot Pro family of weapons (1,115,719p combined)

splatterproturf0sf0p.jpg

2nd place - the Jet Squelcher family of weapons (846,134p combined)

jetsquelcherturf5wij2.jpg

3rd place - the Dualie Squelchers family of weapons (431,038p combined)

dualsquelcherturfxkf0e.jpg

And if there was a 4th place - or if I had played more Turf Wars - the NZAP would also make an appearance. Heavy Splatling, though a favorite, I found too late into Splatoon 2's life to feature here.

I have over 1 million on these 4!

Screenshot_20220906-194947_Nintendo_Switch_Online.jpg

Screenshot_20220906_195019.jpg

And then I also have over 1 million on these 2 beauties combined

Screenshot_20220907_112033.jpg

Screenshot_20220907_112042.jpg

Last edited:
Unrelated, but are masks still a big thing in the US? I was surprised to see literally everyone wearing one there.

They've been as good as totally abandoned over here in the UK.
Only worn for big events like PAX here. Even then some events don't require them.

Otherwise masks are mostly gone.

Wow really interesting tidbit that the passage of time in the game is relative to ours! Wasn't expecting that!
What surprised me more is that Splatoon is also in "2022". Likely the year 2022 on a different calendar, but still interesting.

Wow really interesting tidbit that the passage of time in the game is relative to ours! Wasn't expecting that!

First we got a whiff of it was when the apparent age of the player Inklings in the original Splatoon and its sequel was raised to match the time interval between both games. It though time progression was fudged a bit more in Splatoon 3, with some characters not seeming like they had advanced five years while Mulch had a growth spurt I'd peg at 6-7+ years.

But looks like we're still on course for the eventual Splatoon 7 where our player characters will be middle-aged Inkling and Octoling dead-beat slackers who still go out turf warring every day as if they were kids.

Wait

You mean Octo Canyon/Valley weren't underground?

Wtf

Looks like craters, so depends on whether your definition of underground requires an ensealed space or if there being a ceiling somewhere overhead becomes void once the hole is deep enough.

Have they put out any details on the CCG? I skimmed the Eurogamer review and didn’t see anything about it which sounded like a common thing.

Reason I’m asking is because I’m now starting to wonder if they’re going to announce a physical version with Amiibo functionality that allows you to get your physical cards into the digital version.

Wait

You mean Octo Canyon/Valley weren't underground?

Wtf
The overworlds were always in canyons with the sky easily visible. The individual levels are all underground in octo domes since the surface was rendered uninhabitable by the great turf war.

Amazon France still hasn't shipped my game, time to panic that I won't get it D1 despite my early May preorder
Amazon UK have always shipped mine the day before release, sometimes pretty late in the day too to add to the worry of getting the game on release day.

Will read the 'Ask the developer' feature at lunch :D

My copy won't be shipped for launch, so I bought the game digitally. That was always the plan, but I also wanted a physical copy and it was so cheap ($23) that I didn't bother to cancel it :p

Was looking through some of my screenshots and I found my highest records:

FcESVBiXkAccnH5

Well it is Wednesday, and Best Buy still has not given me my digital code (pre ordered almost a month ago). This is getting worrisome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom