• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Splatoon 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the single player is good. that's the reason I didn't buy the second game, since I'm not into multiplayer
I thought the single player mode in 2 was a big improvement over the first one and they didn't lock the ability to use different weapons in the campaign behind Amiibos so there's plenty of room for experimentation and replay. Plus Octo Expansion was a delight.

Unless I know how the netcode is, I'll wait and cen't get excited.
Not after the mess Splatoon 2 was

Yay! Fully expected, but very welcome. Hyped it’s 30 mins long too! Going to be some huge stuff here.

There's been some complaining especially in the last few weeks about 3 being 'not necessary', let's see what they have in store to change minds.

WHAT

46b.gif

Last chance Splatoon 3, last chance.
That's how I feel as well, the game just looks so pleasing and the Nintendo magic is all present but I never really get into the multiplayer aspect which kinda scares me off, but I will try... 1 more time!

What are you looking for the im the game?

I’m not looking for anything. I watch most directs but I’m just not the biggest splatoon fan. So if they excite me with a cool gimmick or something I will consider picking it up but I’m not too optimistic.

Other than obvious stuff like new modes/weapon classes, there's a lot of QoL improvements they could make that would get me really excited for this game. I don't expect it, but something I really want from 3 is to be able to play modes like splat zones or tower control in random lobbies without it affecting my rank. I'd also like to see a third map in rotations. I don't mind rotations as much as others, but playing on the same two maps does get tiring at times (especially when you get just one of them multiple times in a row).

BOOYAH!

LMAO at people thinking they weren't going to promote this game

When are people going to learn that Nintendo likes to do their marketing push for their tentpole releases about a month before release, and not while something else is at the front of the line?
Seriously, not to mention that the marketing for Splatoon 3 is following the same direction as the last two games so all the handwringing and calls of concern were a bit much. Then again even though Splatoon was a breakout hit from the beginning I doubt many fans paid attention to the marketing during the Wii U era so I'm probably being too harsh since their only point of reference would be Splatoon 2.

At the end of the Direct they better announce a Splatfest World Premiere or a Testfire like the other two directs.

This is the direct that's gonna make or break Splatoon 3. They better have some really interesting brand new stuff to show.
I’m not a superfan but I feel like Splatoon 3 will be a success regardless. They just gotta roll out the idols.

Here's hoping for a kick-ass single player campaign.
I was gonna comment but Raccoon got me already:
nintendo's big multiplayer game does not need a single player campaign to justify its existence

There's been some complaining especially in the last few weeks about 3 being 'not necessary', let's see what they have in store to change minds.
Pretty sure the people who say that are the ones who weren’t interested in the first place. I’m not planning on buying Splatoon 3, but a lot of people sure are.

30 minutes is beefy. Hoping for a great campaign to go alongside the great multiplayer, but who am I kidding, I'm buying no matter what

Yeah, as somebody who disliked the Octo Expansion, I hope they focus more on what makes Splatoon great and less on bad platforming puzzles.

Excited to see some new stuff that helps 3 stand out from 2. I'm also hoping for a really good single player campaign. I think the Direct will deliver on both fronts.

MIDTOON 3 ❗ I speak for EVERYONE when I say that I WILL NOT be TUNING IN for this DIRECT ❗ Unless there's a BATTLE ROYALE mode in this THIRD itineration of MIDtoon ❗❗❗

First, nice. I guess instead of an E3-focused Direct in June, they decided to release one focused Direct for each XBC3 and Splatoon 3 with a more traditional Direct in the Fall for the Holiday, maybe.

We've had three previous trailers for this game.
  • the reveal
  • the single-player campaign
  • Salmon Run 2

The question is what will necessitate the full 30 minutes.

My guesses:
  • Overview of the city hub
  • Reemphasize the single-player campaign and SR2
  • Explain the main game modes and showcase new weapons and abilities
  • Character Customization
  • Probably some Nintendo Switch Online App stuff - setting up rooms and messaging
  • At least one new mode that is exclusive to S3
  • A new duo to tell us the updates whenever you log in
  • New Amiibo?
  • Online Test Out this week

I had Splatoon 1 on Wii U but only really played the single player campaign because I’m really not into PvP / mostly multiplayer games. I enjoyed the campaign but do you think I could enjoy Splatoon 2 by doing only the single player campaign AND the DLC ?

I had Splatoon 1 on Wii U but only really played the single player campaign because I’m really not into PvP / mostly multiplayer games. I enjoyed the campaign but do you think I could enjoy Splatoon 2 by doing only the single player campaign AND the DLC ?
The DLC is peak Nintendo so yeah

I thought the single player mode in 2 was a big improvement over the first one and they didn't lock the ability to use different weapons in the campaign behind Amiibos so there's plenty of room for experimentation and replay. Plus Octo Expansion was a delight.
Splatoon 1 felt like a proof of concept for a platformer, single player-wise. one that was meant to sell the mechanics. I wasn't in love with the level design, but it was fine for a first outing. with 2, I was hoping more more of an evolution of the level design since the movement was already there, but it wasn't, unfortunately. that's why I didn't pick it up.

I hope that 3's single player is that evolution I wished for, but with them seemingly recycling the octarians again (now with new hat fur!), I'm not so confident

The DLC is incredibly good. The level design is some of the best Nintendo ever released.

I expect that we‘ll get a new mode or two, infos about the Story Mode and a potential DLC Pass. 30 Minutes means substantial, like before the Xeno Direct it still feels like as if we know nothing about this game.

I actively don't want a long campaign

the greatest strength of Splatoon 1's campaign is that I beat it in like a weekend

i really, really hope there is something genuinely interesting in this game. I would be happy if this looming ''splatoon 2.1'' went away lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom