• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Splatoon 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is where they reveal Splatoon Galaxy. There's so many things pointing towards a space mode and they could do some really cool things with it

There are three things this presentation can do to secure my purchase, if we get more than one I’ll be ecstatic

1. Expanded Single Player that shows off the outstanding universe they’ve built
2. New Battle Royale style mode (Last Spartan Standing from Halo Infinite would be a great model for this. Smaller lobbies, multiple lives per player, upgrading weapons as you get kills splats) - the ink mechanic would be a slam dunk in this kind of mode, like a version of Fortnite build mode that… is actually worthwhile
3. Overhauled progression / lobby systems

Hoping Splatoon 3 is a much bigger evolutionary step from Splatoon 2 than 2 was from 1, or else I suspect the series' popularity will begin to wane.

I'm expecting 3 to sell better purely on the basis there are almost 3 times as many switch owners now as there were when 2 stopped receiving content updates

The negativity in this thread is hilarious.

Popularity waning? Worse sales?

People need to get out of their gaming bubble. You are no better than those "I'm worried about" crowd lol.

Just want to know more about the single player. Of course in there for multiplayer, but I loved the single player campaigns in 1 and 2 and especially the Octo campaign.

I'm hoping for a more substantial single player mode too. Yes, Splatoon is a multiplayer shooter at heart and 3 does not need a big single player campaign to "justify its existence" as was quoted earlier, I just want one. I thought they upped their game with the Octo Expansion and I'd love for that evolution to continue in 3.

There are three things this presentation can do to secure my purchase, if we get more than one I’ll be ecstatic

1. Expanded Single Player that shows off the outstanding universe they’ve built
2. New Battle Royale style mode (Last Spartan Standing from Halo Infinite would be a great model for this. Smaller lobbies, multiple lives per player, upgrading weapons as you get kills splats) - the ink mechanic would be a slam dunk in this kind of mode, like a version of Fortnite build mode that… is actually worthwhile
3. Overhauled progression / lobby systems

While a battle royale mode would be interesting, I hope if they do that, it’s not a permanent fixture. Meaning, like an event in game like splatfests. Maybe once a week or like Salmon Run but less frequent. Because I don’t want it to syphon the player base from the other modes since BR is all the current rage.

While a battle royale mode would be interesting, I hope if they do that, it’s not a permanent fixture. Meaning, like an event in game like splatfests. Maybe once a week or like Salmon Run but less frequent. Because I don’t want it to syphon the player base from the other modes since BR is all the current rage.
I was hoping it became another “pillar” like Salmon Run… but I also was hoping they’d get rid of the artificial limits on game modes

Fully expecting regular levels for the campaign and then octo expansion-like bonus levels.

Pretty sure I'm gonna get me a pair of game vouchers so I can have digital Splatoon 3. I'm so lazy/tired these days and really wish I had games like Monster Hunter and Kart installed, but the cartridge prices were often meaningfully cheaper than digital, especially for MH Rise (£35 v £49.99). £42 each for first party digital stuff is pretty good, especially given it comes with £4 of eShop credit back.

I was hoping it became another “pillar” like Salmon Run… but I also was hoping they’d get rid of the artificial limits on game modes
I don't mind the limit, because outside of the very start, Salmon Run was on 75 percent of the time it seemed. But I feel they do that since while the game is populour, it does not have the playerbase of say, CoD or Overwatch, so they do it to make sure the main modes always have a healthy active base.

As the people like to say...BOOYAH

This reminds me I should finish the single player campain of 2. I kind of jumped straight into the multiplayer part of the game. XD

It's time.

Hoping the Hero mode is a bit more ambitious like Octo Expansion was. Fantastic levels with varying difficulty.

Curious what multiplayer changes will come. Hopefully they do away with the rotations, I've gone indifferent to tired of them from the start of Splat 1 all the way to the twilight days of Splat 2.

edit: The Splatoon 2 Direct was 26 minutes long.

Pretty sure I'm gonna get me a pair of game vouchers so I can have digital Splatoon 3. I'm so lazy/tired these days and really wish I had games like Monster Hunter and Kart installed, but the cartridge prices were often meaningfully cheaper than digital, especially for MH Rise (£35 v £49.99). £42 each for first party digital stuff is pretty good, especially given it comes with £4 of eShop credit back.
I still can’t believe that program ended in the US for no good reason lol

Ready to purchase and decorate your own apartment in the new game?
Shit I gotta add that to my list of things that will make me buy lol

It's time.

Hoping the Hero mode is a bit more ambitious like Octo Expansion was. Fantastic levels with varying difficulty.

Curious what multiplayer changes will come. Hopefully they do away with the rotations, I've gone indifferent to tired of them from the start of Splat 1 all the way to the twilight days of Splat 2.

edit: The Splatoon 2 Direct was 26 minutes long.
I like rotations, they let me play certain weapons more confidentally knowing I won't get stuck on something like Blackbelly or Humpback with the Hydra for example. I would rather have 3 or even 4 maps a rotation and also just better stages please. Also no monthly map rotations for Ranked, I really really hate that actually...

If they announce Moray Towers is coming back I'm throwing my Switch out the window.

I like rotations, they let me play certain weapons more confidentally knowing I won't get stuck on something like Blackbelly or Humpback with the Hydra for example. I would rather have 3 or even 4 maps a rotation and also just better stages please. Also no monthly map rotations for Ranked, I really really hate that actually...

If they announce Moray Towers is coming back I'm throwing my Switch out the window.

Consider this:

Picking your weapon after the stage vote

Splatoon 1 singleplayer as veteran's bonus for free for those of us who made it through the General Direct-less Summer let's goooo

I like the design of Octo Expansion, but it's way too tense for me

no, not *in*tense, but tense

I'd like a similar mode to not punish failure the way Octo does

Consider this:

Picking your weapon after the stage vote
No thanks, changing my entire gear probably almost every single game would be time-consuming and tedious.

I just want to know what stages could be picked, pick my gear and wep accordingly, and hop in and out really fast for the rest of the rotation like I have been doing for the past 7 years.

I feel very strongly that stage rotations are good

they make you practice just two stages for a play session, building your familiarity with them with practice

I'd be very disappointed if they got rid of the rotations, and even more so if they switched to something like Mario Kart's mob rule selection. what if you like an unpopular stage?

I feel very strongly that stage rotations are good

they make you practice just two stages for a play session, building your familiarity with them with practice

I'd be very disappointed if they got rid of the rotations, and even more so if they switched to something like Mario Kart's mob rule selection. what if you like an unpopular stage?
Then you'd still be able to play it occasionally, by it landing on your vote, but it'd improve the overall quality of matches for players who do not like that unpopular stage :)

30 minutes is pretty long, wonder what they could actually show. I've never been able to properly get into Splatoon but I'm hoping 3 is the game that does it for me.

Then you'd still be able to play it occasionally, by it landing on your vote, but it'd improve the overall quality of matches for players who do not like that unpopular stage :)
that still takes away the element of practice and stage familiarity within a session

the solution of course would be to have no bad stages like splatoon 1

I'd be happy with stage rotations but more freedom over mode selection, where stages could vary by mode.

But please god no voting or mob selection, 1000%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom