• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokémon Scarlet and Violet — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, to me reveals shrouded in mystery are more fun. They did the same thing for Hisuian Zoroark in PLA.
that's fair. I am also extremely spoiled by previous pokemon leak cycles, I just wanna see all the guys immediately

Okay 2D art and ingame showing look way better than the 3D trailer suggested. Still not a fan.

The only thing that kinda puts me off about this monkey are the eyes. Like they look weird but it’s not the aye-aye kind of weird.

I'm digging the music in this trailer. Hoping this is in the game and not just a trailer song
Wow same, that's great. It screams "route theme" but I don't know how they're going to be doing route music in this game? Maybe it'll play in one section of the map? Or it could be a town theme, too.

I really dig the different layers to this mon, from how they seemingly took the Oma Forest and reverse engineered a Pokémon out of it, to all of the ways the graffiti artist concept is implemented in the design (the hoodie, gas mask muzzle). It’s a really good conversion from a fairly creepy and gross but oddly appealing creature to, well, pretty much that but Poke-fied and cuter.

I'm digging the music in this trailer. Hoping this is in the game and not just a trailer song
A longer version was used in a Youtube ad recently. It’s definitely an overworld theme.

Grafaiai instantly became my favorite Paldean Pokémon so far, by far! So much so it’s guaranteed a spot on my main team regardless of stats or viability, just based on design and lore.

I've been somewhat mixed on the non-Starter non-Legendary Pokemon in S/V so far but Grafaiai is a total win

I think I might be a fan of "overdesigned" Pokemon, or at least, Pokemon with a lot of different elements to their design. Like the Legendaries with their motorcycle, basilisk lizard, and past/future theming, and now Grafaiai with it being an graffiti artist aye-aye, using its mouth to coat its finger with paint (kinda similar to how aye-ayes use their fingers to catch food), and it's based on a specific location in Spain

That stuff to me is just neat

I've been somewhat mixed on the non-Starter non-Legendary Pokemon in S/V so far but Grafaiai is a total win

I think I might be a fan of "overdesigned" Pokemon, or at least, Pokemon with a lot of different elements to their design. Like the Legendaries with their motorcycle, basilisk lizard, and past/future theming, and now Grafaiai with it being an graffiti artist aye-aye, using its mouth to coat its finger with paint (kinda similar to how aye-ayes use their fingers to catch food), and it's based on a specific location in Spain

That stuff to me is just neat
I'm in the same boat. I like the more complex, element-heavy Pokemon, and some of the weirder ones, too. Looking back at Gen 1 and I often think they're way too much just like regular animals without much of a hook or theme to them. I think it's why most of my favorite Pokemon are all Gen 5 or later.

I like most about Grafaiai except the cry it has. Getting a Sableye-esque feeling (probably because they both have that gremlin-ish look even though Grafaiai is a aye-aye) that its a single stage with no evolution but a poison/normal is an interesting typing.

I don't think I'll be using Grafaiai, even if I do like it a bit. Unless it has a really great evo or something, but it's the kind of mon that makes me think it's single stage for whatever reason

Grafaiai is a solid design. There are a lot of monkeys in Pokémon already but it's nice to see they keep doing a good job at differentiating them. It doesn't look like the kind of thing to evolve but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does. Ensuring Pokémon look distinct is something I really appreciate about their design team, and, unlike a lot of other Pokémon-likes, I'm glad they don't design everything to either look cool or cute. Poison/Normal is an appreciated new type-combination to allow it to stand out a whole lot more. There aren't many Poison-Types with fur so I love that it contributes to varying up the type more and I'm very happy to be seeing Normal paired with a lot more things!

I've yet to see many Pokémon from Gen 9 that really speak to me, it's really just Koraidon so far, but I'm super psyched for the new Bug-Types as I'm a dedicated Bug-Type Trainer 🐛
😊

I don't think I'll be using Grafaiai, even if I do like it a bit. Unless it has a really great evo or something, but it's the kind of mon that makes me think it's single stage for whatever reason

It's based on an animal that was famously left behind by evolution so it better be a single stage.

Not sure I like Grafaiai enough to slot it on my team but it's growing on me.

Also for those that are also looking forward to Splatoon 3 this Friday, CLOSE OUT THE COMMENT SECTION IF YOU'RE CATCHING THIS DIRECT LIVE. It doesn't matter if this isn't related to Splatoon in any way, I've seen countless times where a game was spoiled like this.

Does it matter?

Kinda, as i both don't see the need for this prolonged unveiling of a single Pokemon if there's a trailer coming soon, and because i don't like those prolonged unveils.

I also didn't like that Galar Ponyta thing they did pre-SWSH launch.

Dunno what they intended with that Grafaiai thing last week if they have a full(?) new trailer not even a full week after?
to keep pokemon in the headlines. the fact they have a cgi trailer for grafaiai tells me they thought it would be popular, marketing-wise

to keep pokemon in the headlines. the fact they have a cgi trailer for grafaiai tells me they thought it would be popular, marketing-wise
Seems like it. We’ll probably have something Pokémon S/V related (even if small) every week or two from here until launch, now that it’s just two months or so out.

As for this trailer, I’d bet it’ll focus on either one of the other two “paths” you complete other than gyms (evil team?), or show off a lot of new pokemon/forms/etc related to the past/future thing

Is there a separate thread to discuss leaks, or do we discuss here with/without spoiler tags?
it's best to have spoiler/leak talk in this thread:

They put Hubert Fire Emblem in Pokemon
character-brassius-detail.png

Anyways I'm really glad they're bringing back Pokemon "boss fights" like the Totems from SuMo and the Alphas from Legends Arceus.

• Klawf is another banger design. Stroke of genius to have rocks as “fuzz” on its shell. I wonder if those two Bisharp looking things are, well, Bisharp evolutions, or just new knight-looking mons.
  • Yessss Boss Pokemon!!!
  • Loving how extra Team Star is. Their leader fights from a glam automobile. She’s apparently the fire-type leader so there’s probably other leaders? Also how does the raiding work?! It looks real time.
  • Ohhhh the gyms looks fun. Brassius is one sexy Grass type leader.
  • THAT MUSIC SLAPS WTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom