• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Pre-Release Persona 3 Reload Prerelease Discussion Thread (UP: Release date: February 2nd 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully someone asks at Gamescom if the game is going to be playable on Steam Deck. P3R and Metaphor verified for Deck would be great since they are skipping Switch.
I can't imagine P3R won't be able to run on deck, doesn't look intensive at all.

Hopefully someone asks at Gamescom if the game is going to be playable on Steam Deck. P3R and Metaphor verified for Deck would be great since they are skipping Switch.

I hope so too (I'm sure it will), but I can see the proton community/valve making it work themselves if P3RE doesn't initially.

I expect it to work well within a week after launch at the latest, if it isn't compatible on day 1 already.

It's a shame this game won't be released on Switch :mad:
Could be late port. Atlus doesn't announce Switch as the platform if it's a late port. I expect this to be at February Direct next year to be dated for fall 2024.

I'll probably just end up waiting for this to eventually release on Switch (2). If I get through my backlog before that happens, I might just bite on the PC version. Plenty of time til then, hah.

What are the chances this gets an updated version down the line just like P4 and P5 did?
This is already a remake so I don't think it's going to get the Royal treatment. I'd imagine any content they'd been wanting to add to P3 has already been added.

Then again we don't even have FeMC for this release haha

It'll always be funny seeing how hard Microsoft is trying to force the view of Xbox as the home of Persona just short of buying exclusivity rights.
Could be late port. Atlus doesn't announce Switch as the platform if it's a late port. I expect this to be at February Direct next year to be dated for fall 2024.
I have to disagree, now that the release date is out there is no way that Atlus will announce a Switch port during the same month the game releases on other systems. If there is a Switch port I could see it either being a Summer Direct announcement at the earliest, or announced as a Switch 2 launch window title later in the year.
This is already a remake so I don't think it's going to get the Royal treatment. I'd imagine any content they'd been wanting to add to P3 has already been added.

Then again we don't even have FeMC for this release haha
I'd imagine the FeMC content will forever remain in P3P so that game will have a hook to keep attracting eyes once this remake is out.

Is this something Atlus would be developing for? I was prepared for Steam Deck, but I would rather play on a Switch (or Switch-like) system...
It's a JRPG and the successor is expected to be another hybrid. It makes too much sense.

Which probably means Atlus isn't actually going to do it for another 5 years 😭

If this isn't available in the Switch Successor launch window I'm going to be very surprised.
Sounds like it's not that demanding game. If possible, Sega would port it to base Switch (which I suspect they're already doing so) as 130m userbase is not something to ignore.

I don't care about Switch 2 or whatever.

This game could very well be ported to Switch, like Persona 5 Royal. Sega are just lazy.

Now that P3R has a steam page I was curious about the minimium/recommended specs and to my surprise:

Persona 5 Royal PC requirements:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790, 3.4 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650/760 (rec) Ti, 2 GB

Persona 3 Reload PC requirements:

The main difference is that P3R is DirectX 12 while P5R is 11

Sounds like it's not that demanding game. If possible, Sega would port it to base Switch (which I suspect they're already doing so) as 130m userbase is not something to ignore.
Could always release for both but given how many RPGs are already on Switch they could be aiming to pick up more attention by holding off for the new hardware where there’s going to be significantly less competition (aka how P4G exploded on Vita).

Alternatively there’s another shoe to drop and they announce a Switch release next month.

I'd imagine the FeMC content will forever remain in P3P so that game will have a hook to keep attracting eyes once this remake is out.
Why would they want to keep eyes on an old version when they just barely released a new one?

Man, this looks incredible. 2024 looks like it’s gonna get off to one hell of a start.
I love it and am glad they just didn't copy P5 UI, but found a new style. The new Persona team is promising.
And yeah, earlier this year I thought 2024 might be a back log year to me, but no, it won't give me time to catch up.

1692806633238.png

Knowing the system requirements are pretty much the same as P5R makes the decision to skip the Switch even more baffling.

One more, to see more of that stylish design.

Very slick. Although I wish that you fought Personas instead of random objects/gloves/whatever enemies, that's something that annoyed me about P4G as well. Although that's probably just due to me playing P5 first and originally coming to the series from SMT.

Very slick. Although I wish that you fought Personas instead of random objects/gloves/whatever enemies, that's something that annoyed me about P4G as well. Although that's probably just due to me playing P5 first and originally coming to the series from SMT.
Same here. I played P4G some months ago and love it but the non-boss battles were whatever. Like I get the themes and all but at the very least that era seems to be over. Till they remake 4 lol

Could always release for both but given how many RPGs are already on Switch they could be aiming to pick up more attention by holding off for the new hardware where there’s going to be significantly less competition (aka how P4G exploded on Vita).

Alternatively there’s another shoe to drop and they announce a Switch release next month.
I think that boat has come and gone, but it would be really weird if Atlus decided to wait until the Fall Direct to announce P3R for the Switch when they had a prefectly good window of opportunity during the June Direct.
Why would they want to keep eyes on an old version when they just barely released a new one?
Because they're still selling it and will continue to do so after P3R is released. Since P3R will feature a lot of the gameplay improvements seen in current MegaTen titles the FeMC route could be the only thing to keep P3P relevant.

I know no one is gonna ask why there isn't a switch version cuz atlus has trained snipers that will smoke you the second the words "nintendo" or "switch" leave your mouth but it would be nice if they did ask

Ffs. I just realized that P3R and Granblue release only 1 day apart. What have I done to deserve this?
Yeah, they remade the whole game, so they could've done something with the enemy designs. But for whatever reason, they want to be true to the original game in this regard.
Same here. I played P4G some months ago and love it but the non-boss battles were whatever. Like I get the themes and all but at the very least that era seems to be over. Till they remake 4 lol
See ya in 2030.

Everything they've shown looks great. Really curious what the story is with the new outfits - I'm guessing those are now the canonical outfits and the old ones will be an unlockable? Or maybe DLC, knowing ATLUS

I was hoping the CE would include an evoker replica, or maybe the protagonist's headphones - not sure I want to put down $200 for a pretty basic looking statue. I'm also assuming the soundtrack included will once again be a selection rather than the whole OST.

I know no one is gonna ask why there isn't a switch version cuz atlus has trained snipers that will smoke you the second the words "nintendo" or "switch" leave your mouth but it would be nice if they did ask
I wonder if there is a protocol for this in general interviews. Because when a switch exclusive comes out (it happened with Raincode) people asked the dev/producer when its coming out in other platforms but not the other way around.

Personally I’m hoping that Atlus does the unthinkable and is actually making a Nintendo Switch version that’s the FeMC route because it’s the only portable console. That is something I’m willing into existence and totally not huffing Grade AAA Hopium.

Now that P3R has a steam page I was curious about the minimium/recommended specs and to my surprise:

Persona 5 Royal PC requirements:

Persona 3 Reload PC requirements:

The main difference is that P3R is DirectX 12 while P5R is 11
Funny thing the 650/760 don't support DirectX 12. The switch should be able to run this if given to a good port studio.

I wonder if there is a protocol for this in general interviews. Because when a switch exclusive comes out (it happened with Raincode) people asked the dev/producer when its coming out in other platforms but not the other way around.
it's not so much protocol as it is the simple fact that these previews are the softest of softballs. ain't no one asking questions that might make a publisher look bad or awkward.

New trailers dropped, release date is confirmed: February 2nd 2024.

So something interesting about the second video, Atlus West post the same trailer but dubbed. I was watching it to hear the english voices and for some reason they specifically changed the trailer when showing the evoker animations. In the japanese one you can clearly see them shooting themselves, while the US one only shows the personas doing their attacks.

So I played it at gamescom, they let you play a bit of Tartarus at their booth.
Either just normal eyploration or the first boss.
I really like the animation even if feels like it's getting a bit too much of P5 injected through that.
It's feel very satisfying, it in combination with the vibration of the gamepad makes initiation battles feel really good.

One of the most noticeable changes is the camera being behind you know instead of the more overhead view on PS2.

I dunno how I feel about the motion blur.

Hey, I'm willing to entertain the idea! Maybe he's really great, I'll find out when I play this. But... I think it's highly unlikely he'll beat P5Makoto for me :p
I mean, it's (mostly blank slate) MC vs (not so blank slate) NPC, so hard to seriously pitch against one another. I ...
... just don't like P5 Makoto, like at all ;P

Edit: There seems to be a rollback function. This would be very useful, going back and optimize the previous day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom