• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Persona 3 Reload Prerelease Discussion Thread (UP: Release date: February 2nd 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t there a chance the switch description is an error?

I don’t think it’s being held back for a direct. I could be wrong tho but seems odd in this case even if something similar happened with Persona 3-5

Literally Atlus before any official announcements
old-rusted-leaky-pipe-spraying-water-min.jpeg

Isn’t there a chance the switch description is an error?

I don’t think it’s being held back for a direct. I could be wrong tho but seems odd in this case even if something similar happened with Persona 3-5
Yeah, I think it's an error, either that copied the description of P5T or their YouTube guy just assumed it was coming to Switch like everyone else.

I mean, they are literally releasing TV and web commercials that have everything but Switch on them - this isn't like last year where it was just one trailer that didn't mention it.

This is the worst saga.

It also feels like there's more buzz around this (not) releasing on Switch than it coming to Xbox for instance. Just the weirdest timeline.

The thread title really should be updated to reflect the actual situation, I'd say. It sounds a bit premature at this point.

The thread title really should be updated to reflect the actual situation, I'd say. It sounds a bit premature at this point.
I have updated the title now, hopefully it makes sense lol.

But yeah, at this point, this whole saga of P3R coming to Switch or not is genuinely ridiculous.

congratulations to atlus for somehow managing to top the idiotic soul hackers 2 and persona ports sagas. u love to see a company striving to outdo itself in feats of marketing stupidity

Yeah if it had been in the trailer itself that would have been an actual smoking gun, without that it just feels like people still huffing hopium.

Reminds me on the one time Bandai Namco annonyed One PIece Odyssey was coming for the Switch in a tweet. At the end, it was just a mistake, deleted and it was never comming.

I’m hanging my hat on the retailer listings that keep popping up more than the YT descriptions

That, and the fact that the western branch has technically still not acknowledged any version except the Xbox and PC ones

Videos can be edited after they are uploaded, right? So with the end screen being a static image with all the platforms, they could slap over a different image after the announcement.

Fwiw, I also don't expect P3R to release on current Switch hardware. Which, from my limited perspective, is a stupid ass move, but there are probably (good?) reasons for it to skip the platform (resources being the most likely limiting factor), given how many Atlus (developed/published) games we've seen make their way over as of late.

Fwiw, I also don't expect P3R to release on current Switch hardware. Which, from my limited perspective, is a stupid ass move, but there are probably (good?) reasons for it to skip the platform (resources being the most likely limiting factor), given how many Atlus (developed/published) games we've seen make their way over as of late.
I really don't understand the resources being the limiting factor. Xbox version of SH2 and Persona games were outsourced. So was SMT Nocturne remaster for all platforms.

Surely Sega can fit the bill, get a porting studio and get P3R on Switch.

If smaller developers and publishers than Atlus can do multiplatform games, I genuinely can't see why Sega/Atlus can't.

Remember, this game started development in 2019. They had all the data they need if Switch was worth porting or not.

It would be insane for this to not come to Switch. Remember when P5R released like three years late on Switch and Xbox and it still got dragged into the top ten of sales for that month? One hint -- the sales weren't on Xbox.

But what if it's not in the practically guaranteed direct

To me, it's obvious that is not coming. The P5 Tactica official confirmation sealed the deal, for me.
if otherwise, I'll be happily surprised (even if I would vastly prefer them to re-use the existing SMT V assets for a SMT V Apocalyplse version or a Strange Journey spinoff)

if they can scrounge up resources for an xbox one port that will sell negative copies they can afford a switch port

This has been my guess from the start. Atlus loves late ports, both Catherine and 13 Sentinels were 1 year delay ports with good sales. Could be hilarious but not surprising at all.
I wonder with SH2. 13 sentinels is a masterpiece and Catherine is great, but SH2 is mediocre at best plus it will probably be 60$ so. Hey other games have bombed twice so lol.

They still need to put the original Persona games (1, 2:IS, 2:EP) on modern consoles/steam tbh. People need to experience the insanity those games have.
Persona 2 has amazing story, characters, and themes, but might actually be two of the most tedious games I have ever played. If that duology is released as-is, it will only turn people off.

Revelations is just unsalvageable.

The blame is on how Atlus handle that game (Budget and time). Cause there is no way this game is next gen lol
I'm not disagreeing, the limiting factor here is clearly the technical competence of the dev team, and not the hardware

But whatever the limiting factor is, it exists. And as it stands, it seems unlikely SH2 can be released on Nintendo hardware.

I wonder with SH2. 13 sentinels is a masterpiece and Catherine is great, but SH2 is mediocre at best plus it will probably be 60$ so. Hey other games have bombed twice so lol.
Lots of "mediocre" JRPG's sold great on Switch. And this particular JRPG is from a major series. Switch owners will eat it up. Sega needs to price it accordingly though.
SH2 barely runs on a base PS4. They’re not gonna put it on Switch.
Engine (hopefully they are on the helm) usually optimizes ports really well. We have countless of those "struggles on PS4 but runs well on Switch thanks to extra optimization" games.

I'm not disagreeing, the limiting factor here is clearly the technical competence of the dev team, and not the hardware

But whatever the limiting factor is, it exists. And as it stands, it seems unlikely SH2 can be released on Nintendo hardware.
I totally agree. But hey at least with TMS they got some money from Nintendo so fingers cross they make a sequel :ROFLMAO:

Persona 2 has amazing story, characters, and themes, but might actually be two of the most tedious games I have ever played. If that duology is released as-is, it will only turn people off.

Id still rather they be available to play than not tbh. Persona 2 definitely needs a full remake treatment because that game goes crazy and would look great with a newer coat of paint and animations along with a gameplay change up so bosses don’t take an hour to beat.

I disagree. Revelations is at least short and to the point. It's just an old school mechanically fiddly dungeon crawler. P2 has the same basic gameplay but is too ambitious for its own good. The worst of both worlds of hard as nails 16-bit SMT game and PS1 epic cinematic JRPG
That's my take anyway, based on the PSP ports which aren't even the original games. So idk.

This has been my guess from the start. Atlus loves late ports, both Catherine and 13 Sentinels were 1 year delay ports with good sales. Could be hilarious but not surprising at all.
A Soul Hackers 2 Switch port would be the gaming equivalent of Morbius bombing twice in theaters.

Is Soul Hackers 2 that bad?

I bought it for like € 15 two weeks ago
the reception I see was that it wasn't bad, but not really great/amazing. Sega didn't have any hope in it given how they treated the game. for a 15-er, you can do a hell of a lot worse

funny thing: instead than P3P for Switch, in the Direct they will announce SMT V Compele Edition for PlayStation LOL
Atlus gonna Atlus

I was at the Persona 3 Reload Panel! I got to see all the new stuff first and see an interview with the VAs for Male PC, Yukari, Junpei, Akihiko, Mitsuru, and Fuuka! Some notes:

1. As someone who had binged 100+ hours on P3P in the last two weeks, most of the VAs sound pretty close to their original VAs. The only exception was Akahiko's who is a bit lower but it's still good.

2. It's hillarious watching the panel because one of the questions was how they felt about Legacy and almost every VA talked about being inspired by the previous VA for thier character EXCEPT Junpei's (I'm sorry but it's late and I can't remember anyone's name) and you could tell they were dancing around it.

3. The cast looks like they enjoyed it and had a good time together. There's a good repoire that feels like the P3 cast.

4. I'm still salty about no FeMC but I'm hoping this VA is willing to put in the work for it.

Xbox is really trying to have Persona become closely associated with them, huh? Coming from salromano over on Era:

Microsoft really has the strangest fixation on trying to convince people the Persona franchise is Xbox / Windows exclusive.

Like, exclusive marketing is a thing, but that usually means your trailers will only premiere at one platform holder's events, or 15-second TV commercials will only display one platformer holder's logos. Never before the Persona 3, 4, and 5 remasters did I see mandated no-mentions of other platforms for nearly every news drop, including trailers and news posts hosted on the publisher's own channels.

SRwQ1Lx.png

DLputqN.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom