• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Persona 3 Reload Prerelease Discussion Thread (UP: Release date: February 2nd 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie

Chain Chomp
Persona 3 Reload has been announced for all platforms (except Switch unfortunately) for early 2024.

Announcement trailer:

English Gameplay reveal:

Last edited:
Aw yiss, a Persona spiritual successor to Devil Survivor!

My guess is Soul Hackers 2 and P5T Switch at Nintendo Direct with P3 Reload coming much later.

First of all, lol. Second, hype! P3 looks so good.

Edit: Judged too early.
Is there a chance that P3 Reload is on Switch?
There might be a Nintendo event in a few weeks where it's announced, just like last year with P3-5R.
Edit: Not really 100% safe, but likely after some consideration.

Last edited:
People are gonna hate on Tactica's artstyle, but whatever, as long as it's fun, I'm down

Zenkichi and Yoshizawa better be in it, I swear. Also, Akechi, since Royal made him good.

Tactics looks fun, but the problem with P5 spinoffs is that I have to actually get around to playing P5R before I feel like I can play them

Which I totally plan on doing. Sometime. Eventually

Look that backlog is big ok

even if it comes to switch i'll just wait 2-3 years for the golden/royal revision since the remake is only base P3 content

P5 Tactics looks good but I'm honestly just tired of the P5 cast right now lol. The P3R should also be on Switch and PS they just aren't showing it because it's Xbox marketing from the showcase.

nothing that was shown looks more graphically advanced than P5 and we all know that can run on switch

lmao Atlus

P3R unironically looking like a P5 reskin (yeah today I'm choosing violence), Tactica reminding the world once again that chibi is good actually (don't think I care though, have yet to play 5 and the game is so long I'm surprised people want more of the cast after that and Strikers).

Day 1 on Gamepass for both is honestly unexpected, sill curious to see if they pull that bs platform announcement embargo they did for 3-4-5, it'd be funny though.

Edit: actually given that this is from Atlus themselves it means that MS money hatted the announcement this time as well. Even more hilarious after that ps showcase tweet.

Last edited:
First of all, lol. Second, hype! P3 looks so good.

No Switch. Atlus gonna Atlus. P6 definitely not on Switch at release.

There might be a Nintendo event in a few weeks where it's announced, just like last year with P3-P5. I wouldn't bet on that tbh, but possible.
It's absolutely coming to Switch imo. It looks like it runs on the P5 engine, not Unity like Soul Hackers 2 (which seems to be the main issue with porting that game to Switch). There's no way Atlus would skip on the Switch, especially after the flop of SH2, and Xbox would certainly not pay for any kind of exclusive right now.

Looks like it's basically just the base game? That's a big bummer.

But it looks very pretty, I give you that :D

It's absolutely coming to Switch imo. It looks like it runs on the P5 engine, not Unity like Soul Hackers 2 (which seems to be the main issue with porting that game to Switch). There's no way Atlus would skip on the Switch, especially after the flop of SH2, and Xbox would certainly not pay for any kind of exclusive right now.
idk this IS Atlus we're talking about here.

Never doubt their ability to do something monumentally stupid and nonsensical.

Persona 5 Tactica will be on Switch. I have no faith that Reload will follow suit though

Tactics looks fun, but the problem with P5 spinoffs is that I have to actually get around to playing P5R before I feel like I can play them

Which I totally plan on doing. Sometime. Eventually

Look that backlog is big ok
We didn't see Kasumi in this trailer, so maybe you don't need p5r

I ended up just playing the re-release early this year so I’ll probably skip out on the remake at least at first. P5T looks really cool

Looks like they covered the basics for Persona 3. Curious to see how deep they went with the changes. Tartarus, the combat, and the social links all could use some serious overhauls.

but we already have p3 at home...

just kidding, but aside from the graphical update, hope it has something different as don't see a reason to return to this aftet the p3p port (with FeMC )

The question about if P3 Remake is going to show up at MS showcase now answered makes it a whole lot less interesting to me.

the only platforms they showed were xbox and windows since these were probably for the MS show. I mean unless you believe they aren't coming to Playstation either
You're right, the logos at the end doesn't tell us anything. I just expected Atlus to upload their own trailer with all platforms on their own channel, not the Xbox specific one.

Still, it's Atlus we are talking about.

And day 1 on gamepass. MS paying big bucks for that.

That's so stupid, someone is genuinely getting fired today.
Won't be watching the trailers as I want to see them at the Xbox showcase when they're supposed to be revealed.

Dang, Atlus is really fleecing Microsoft. Don't get me wrong, this is good for Xbox owners. But I don't think these deals really move the needle for Xbox in Japan or elsewhere really and they're essentially spending money to announce games that will be more popular on other systems.

You're right, the logos at the end doesn't tell us anything. I just expected Atlus to upload their own trailer with all platforms on their own channel, not the Xbox specific one.

Still, it's Atlus we are talking about.

And day 1 on gamepass. MS paying big bucks for that.
The same happened last year with the Persona 5 Royal trailer uploaded on the Atlus YouTube channel. All the billboards they put out for the game only said Xbox as well ; I assumed they had some kind of agreement with them to only mention them on the marketing. But you're right, it's always safe to assume that Atlus will do some dumb shit

Interesting that the spinoff is releasing sooner than P3R. I like the style (Q2-esque) but I can see how its not for everyone.

Also, I dont have a horse in this game (I havent played 3), but Atlus had the chance to have a "definitive" version to quell the fans and they did not lol.

That's so stupid, someone is genuinely getting fired today.
Won't be watching the trailers as I want to see them at the Xbox showcase when they're supposed to be revealed.

"The boss says to upload these trailers to instagram after the Xbox Showcase"
"What's an Xbox? Do they sell those in Japan?"
"I don't know man. Look there's this Summer Game Fest thing on right own. I thought I saw something in there that might be called an Xbox. This must be it"

I honestly expect something similar to the last Persona announcement where MS paid big money for some sorta embargo. But I do concede that Atlus is Atlus and Atlus is the worst at making sense when it comes to their platform choices,

I edited my first post itt to say this already but I think it's simply a case of MS paying Atlus to embargo the announcement of other platforms like they did last year. They did a similar thing with Wo Long iirc.

There’s no way that either of these skip Switch, this would be a new low even for Atlus. It’s clearly the exact same situation as last year, Xbox having the marketing rights. Watched the P3 Reload trailer twice and there’s simply nothing at all that the Switch can’t handle here, it even looks like it was made for Switch first. In fact the main question is how much they changed the level design, because so far this looks like a straight port of 3 in 5’s engine to compromise for Portable being the only version available on modern systems. That brief shot of Tartarus just looked like there was nothing going on there, seems to me like they will settle on the level design being 1-1 for the most part. Maybe the changes would be reserved for the full moon events at least. Love that game but unless the changes are substantial I’m not revisiting it

I was about to instantly disregard P5T as SRPGs are one of my least favorite genres, usually Atlus doesn’t miss but I haven’t gotten into Devil Survivor either. However, this does look closer to something like Mario + Rabbids so this could stand out. Once I get around playing P5R (and PQ2), if I end up really liking that cast maybe I could give that game a chance

Dang, Atlus is really fleecing Microsoft. Don't get me wrong, this is good for Xbox owners. But I don't think these deals really move the needle for Xbox in Japan or elsewhere really and they're essentially spending money to announce games that will be more popular on other systems.
It's fantastic press for them in online circles, particularly in the west. The Persona games have practically become a meme at this point when it comes to showcases, and netting one of the biggest rumored games as a day one Game Pass title is huge. If this wasn't leaked to hell and back, people would be going absolutely nuts over the reveal.

Whether that translates to sales or not, who knows. But it's a huge get for them regardless.

I look forward to Atlus being vague about other platforms for a month or so after these are officially announced Sunday.

No female route? I sleep.

I really hope they're just holding out on showing it, but that would be a huge let down if it's not there

It's fantastic press for them in online circles, particularly in the west. The Persona games have practically become a meme at this point when it comes to showcases, and netting one of the biggest rumored games as a day one Game Pass title is huge. If this wasn't leaked to hell and back, people would be going absolutely nuts over the reveal.

Whether that translates to sales or not, who knows. But it's a huge get for them regardless.

I could write a whole thread about how it often feels like Microsoft is too concerned with the internet's reaction than the wider markets but you're right, it is a big deal for hardcore enthusiasts like us. The only issue is that main audience for these games are on other systems and if they are coming out Day 1 along with Xbox, this announcements months in advance isn't really going to sway people to the system.

Like delaying the announcement of these games on other platforms is weird because like I said, by the time the time the games release, nobody is going to care that they were announced on Xbox first when going to the store. Getting the games on the system at all is a good get for Xbox but paying to have the announcement exclusive for a brief time period...I'm not so sure.

I edited my first post itt to say this already but I think it's simply a case of MS paying Atlus to embargo the announcement of other platforms like they did last year. They did a similar thing with Wo Long iirc.
I edited my post too. It's very likely it's happening as you said. Now, we can wait until the end of the month to have the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom