• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Musk owns 9% of the shares of Twitter, which really means jack shit. Changes aren't coming because of someone owning 9% of the shares, lmao.

Yeah. Not YET, anyway.

He starts buying out and/or making alliances with the shareholders who hold a sum in the neighborhood of +41.9%, along with his own? THEN I would start getting a bit more concerned.

john-mulaney-life-is-a-nightmare.gif

Wait which part sucks? The part about Musk or the part where I said I'd be spending more time on Famiboards? 🤣
the first part

Really? I don't remember there being a tutorial at all with the house? I didn't even realize it was his house till I walked inside and Elfilin says "your house is round just like you"

How do you place the figurines? I've jumped around that house, lit the fireplace, read the book, slept in the bed, and come down the chimney, but no on screen indicator for how to set the figurines
Collection menu. Hit the - button in a figurine you want to display on the mantle.

I might not be remembering exactly right about where the tutorial triggers but displaying the figurines was definitely pointed out by the game at some point.

Question for 3DS owners. I have a 16gb, which is honestly usually more than fine normally, but am about to take advantage of the Sega/Atlus sale. So I will need a new SD cause many of those games are almost 2gb.

So, can I use a 64gb micro sd? Nintendo recommends 32gb SDHC, but 64gb is SDXC. Will this cause issues?
Been using a 64GB cards for years now, no issues. You'll need to format it to FAT32 (with 32kb cluster size? it's been a while), but once it's done the 3DS should read it just fine.

Edit: sorry, didn't see it's been answered already

Hey I got a weird question: does anyone know of a reliable store to buy current movie posters from? My local theater is cool with just giving posters to customers when they're done with them but they don't have the one I'm looking for, and the only other place I'm seeing it is a seller on Etsy, which I expect is someone just grabbing jpgs off the internet and printing them.

Thinking about how Midnight Suns won't let me romance Magik because Marvel are cowards.
Wait, isn't Magik supposed to be a 9 year old in an adult body? She grew up "instantly" through a time portal thingy.

Also, I don't think they'll keep her in the game after the whole Russian invasion.

Hey I got a weird question: does anyone know of a reliable store to buy current movie posters from? My local theater is cool with just giving posters to customers when they're done with them but they don't have the one I'm looking for, and the only other place I'm seeing it is a seller on Etsy, which I expect is someone just grabbing jpgs off the internet and printing them.
I've bought a few times from Mauvais Genres and they're expensive, but they have some genuine quality posters.

Wait, isn't Magik supposed to be a 9 year old in an adult body? She grew up "instantly" through a time portal thingy.

Also, I don't think they'll keep her in the game after the whole Russian invasion.

I can't even come up with a response to this.

Collection menu. Hit the - button in a figurine you want to display on the mantle.

I might not be remembering exactly right about where the tutorial triggers but displaying the figurines was definitely pointed out by the game at some point.
Thank you! I just watched a long play, and neither the first time you get a figure, when the house shows up, or the first time you walk into the house trigger that info. I might have missed it, but it's not triggered by anything that I thought of. Wild!

in my towering hubris I have forgotten to dewario myself

After a brief google check, I found out they later retconned this by having Magik to live 7 years in the void. That's MUCH better.

I was more referring to you thinking she's going to get pulled from the game.

I shoulda called a friend and been like "Do you want a burrito? This dude really wants me to order more for some reason."
Then my friend would be like "yeah, get me two"
And I'd be like "...shit"

Why don’t you want any burritos?
Because I'm going to a fan-event screening of Sonic 2 in a couple days and am having a hard time comfortably fitting into my incredibly clever Sonic t-shirt. 👀

I shoulda called a friend and been like "Do you want a burrito? This dude really wants me to order more for some reason."
That conversation could have been more fun.
You: I want 2.
Him: No, how many burritos?
You: 2022.
Him: How many?
You: I said 2.

Because I'm going to a fan-event screening of Sonic 2 in a couple days and am having a hard time comfortably fitting into my incredibly clever Sonic t-shirt. 👀
Should have had a chili dog instead

I think this is also the first time you’ve been able to get all the DLC for less than $25 on Switch so I might have to grab the complete version just for that.
I’m conflicted because I enjoyed the first one but it took me forever to actually finish it

I think this is also the first time you’ve been able to get all the DLC for less than $25 on Switch so I might have to grab the complete version just for that.
I'm honestly tempted for that reason alone. The DLC pack has been on my wishlist for years, but it has never gone on sale; now the complete edition is $5 less then the DLC by itself. Fortunately the sale will be for a while so I have time to consider it.

wtf you've been watching rider this whole time and never told me?

also that fourze scene really indicates how that show is just a big john hughes homage lol

Oh yeah, I’ve been "watching" it in the sense that I’ve googled some images and scoured wikis for partial information to make it look like I know what I’m talking about.

So now that I'm not under any NDA anymore, have to say something about LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. The review code I got, despite my Switch being in French and having a French Nintendo account, didn't displayed any other audio choice than "English (UK)". I'd be curious to see if anyone here have the same issue. Maybe the other languages will be added in the day one patch ? Pretty weird though, given I saw PS5 gameplay with french audio on YouTube.

IMG-4610.jpg

Also, overall, the game is fun, and the Switch version runs fine outside of a few scenes. Not groundbreaking, mind you, it has the same strengths and issues as other LEGO games (great space combat, fun humor, ok shooting, terrible platforming, uninspired level design). Had a bug that blocked progression on Episode VII but doubt it'll happen to a lot of people. And the new "explore the galaxy" mode is pretty fun, albeit a bit repetitive.

You should enjoy the game if you're a SW fan, have a kid who's a SW fan, or just need something easy to play on co-op with a kid or someone who doesn't play video games much.

Warner Bros. Brazil told me that the other audio choices should be available as "free DLC" on Nintendo eShop.
I reported that this option isn't currently available for download

Guess they didn't noted this 'til now

In case anybodys as big a fan of Daft Punk as I am, here's a demonstration of what they sampled for One More Time

Obviously I'm slacking instead of working today

skip to 1:25 for the magic

Fyi every time I see someone say they wanna do a LTTP thread my brain goes "sweet, that's one of the best Zeldas!"

every time.
I'm the same way, only when people tell me they are from LA.

An actual exchange I just had at a burrito place:

Dude: How many?
Me: Two
Dude: No, how many burritos?
Me: ..Two
Dude: How.. many.. burritos.. are.. you.. ordering??
Me: ..TWO
"So I called the curry house. The fella couldn't understand me. I asked for two poppadoms. He kept saying 'how many?'. I kept saying 'two'. he still couldn't understand. I said 'one more than one'. He understood. When we picked up the food and took it home, there were five poppadoms in the bag."

Feeling empty in a post-Kirby world. Where is the Return to Dreamland + Triple Deluxe + Planet Robobot collection I was never promised?

"So I called the curry house. The fella couldn't understand me. I asked for two poppadoms. He kept saying 'how many?'. I kept saying 'two'. he still couldn't understand. I said 'one more than one'. He understood. When we picked up the food and took it home, there were five poppadoms in the bag."
e4a.jpg

Why did supra have to remind me that 2D Zelda is a thing? Now I won't stop obsessing over when we finally get a new one that is not a remake, you hear me Nintendo, tyvm.

Fyi every time I see someone say they wanna do a LTTP thread my brain goes "sweet, that's one of the best Zeldas!"

every time.
I barely get modern acronyms these days; last year my mom's side of the family decided to rent a beach house for vacation and created a group chat for everyone going and that thing was going off with messages I could hardly understand. In the end I removed myself from the chat to save myself the headache of looking everything up.

Why did supra have to remind me that 2D Zelda is a thing? Now I won't stop obsessing over when we finally get a new one that is not a remake, you hear me Nintendo, tyvm.
It has been almost 7 years since the last mainline 2D Zelda game that isn't a remake released and it wasn't even a traditional 2D Zelda , for a traditional 2D Zelda you need to go back to 9 years ago with LBW which was a 'sequel' to LTTP . Nintendo hates 2D Zelda confirmed :cry:

So I just sprinted home about half a mile in my very light walking shoes pushing a jogging double stroller because my oldest said she needed to poop super duper badly and was totally about to have an accident and then when we got home she couldn't poop.

I wonder when we will see Grezzo next game. I'm pretty sure it's a new 2D Zelda but on the one hand I don't know if Nintendo will release it in the same year as Botw2 and on the other hand 2024 also seems too far away to me.

It has been almost 7 years since the last mainline 2D Zelda game that isn't a remake released and it wasn't even a traditional 2D Zelda , for a traditional 2D Zelda you need to go back to 9 years ago with LBW which was a 'sequel' to LTTP . Nintendo hates 2D Zelda confirmed :cry:
So if we remove remakes and sequels, the last wholly original traditional 2D Zelda was...

...Minish Cap.
eighteen years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom