• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Did You Know Gaming videos on Metroid Prime and Metroid Dread... I really need to go back to Dread soon.

Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe is great! There's some new stuff actually so I'd also recommend it for who played the original

Dumb gaming thoughts that popped into my head during yoga class this morning:

It's sunny out today, I really ought to get back to Boktai one of these years

WTF with Capcom not putting Disney Afternoon Collection on any Nintendo platforms (or the games individually on NSO)

I miss pre-merger thirsty Atlus

Why is Japanese packaging cool?

NJ6QQUs.jpg

ZNbBDrM.jpg
Love transformers. Need to see what's all new with them toy wise

It took me until now to realize that the NSO Expansion Pack is called that because it's literally the subscription service to get expansions. I knew that DLCs and expansions would be the main selling point of the Expansion Pack the moment they announced Happy Home Paradise. But it just took me until to now to connect the naming to the content. Duh.

As long time fans, we focused on the retro games as the main point of the expansion pack. But those are really just the filler content. They won't have a new expansion every month so there's N64 and Genesis games to fill the gap. It's an interesting subscription model. If you play games like Animal Crossing and Mario Kart, you will sub to get the expansions. But also, if you have the expansion and don't own the games that have DLCs included in the pack, you might be more willing to purchase the game. I know I'm feeling that with Mario Kart 8. I don't have the game on Switch but I'm tempted just because I have NSO expansion pack.

So it's my birthday! This last year, especially the past 6 months or so, have been a fucking struggle; but I'm getting by. I'm really, really hoping this following year presents a different 'situation' for me. But, of course, I'm the only one who can do that.

With that out of the way... I haven't opened any presents yet, so can't update there :p We have picked up the massive sushi platter that we're having as my big birthday meal. Seriously cannot wait.
Happy birthday Plum! All the best and hope you have a great one today, and here's to a more positive and uplifting trip around the sun to come!

WTF with Capcom not putting Disney Afternoon Collection on any Nintendo platforms (or the games individually on NSO)
Or not hiring Wayforward again to remake the Chip n Dale games? There's a movie coming out and it's literally best possible time to do that. And to think that they have literally nothing after Sunbreak (and that's a dlc...)

Frank Cifaldi just tweeted about this this week. Seems like Capcom just didnā€™t want to do it after persistent asking. He mused it was because the risk of the switch due to Wii U bombing. Seems like it would be an easy sell now, but guess itā€™s not in the cards anymore.

Love transformers. Need to see what's all new with them toy wise
Itā€™s pretty cool. Biggest lines they have now are the Studio Series (figures based on the Bayverse, but they started last year with a subline for the ā€˜86 movie which is popular).

The other being Legacy which started late last yearā€¦ which will feature a G1 version of the Stunticons which combines into Menasor. Iā€™m going to collect the five Stunticons lol.

Bonus pic

TlZadGP.jpg

No Megatron I donā€™t want to be reformatted!

I wish that series was still alive!
God me too

Mario + Luigi Superstar Saga was in incredible game

I'd play that to 100% the moment it landed on the Switch

Right now, Mario + Rabbids is the closest thing we've got. It's much lighter on story, but it's got the same kind of goofy attitude and deep(ish) yet accessible and fun gameplay.

Dunno how to feel about Opus: Echo of Starsong now. It legit has one of the most touching narratives I've experienced in quite a while, but I think I just bottlenecked myself since I ran out of fuel at a specific spot.

I love me some resource management gameplay (See: BotW weapon breaking) but this is just frustrating.

It took me until now to realize that the NSO Expansion Pack is called that because it's literally the subscription service to get expansions. I knew that DLCs and expansions would be the main selling point of the Expansion Pack the moment they announced Happy Home Paradise. But it just took me until to now to connect the naming to the content. Duh.

As long time fans, we focused on the retro games as the main point of the expansion pack. But those are really just the filler content. They won't have a new expansion every month so there's N64 and Genesis games to fill the gap. It's an interesting subscription model. If you play games like Animal Crossing and Mario Kart, you will sub to get the expansions. But also, if you have the expansion and don't own the games that have DLCs included in the pack, you might be more willing to purchase the game. I know I'm feeling that with Mario Kart 8. I don't have the game on Switch but I'm tempted just because I have NSO expansion pack.
Welcome to the club! It's definitely an interesting choice but I think it's their attempt at threading the needle between doing something PS+ esque while still supporting their retail partners / protecting the value of the base games.

Frank Cifaldi just tweeted about this this week. Seems like Capcom just didnā€™t want to do it after persistent asking. He mused it was because the risk of the switch due to Wii U bombing. Seems like it would be an easy sell now, but guess itā€™s not in the cards anymore.
That's still a bummer to read but understandable. Not sure why Capcom didn't go for it again amid their other retro compilations performaing well šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Absolutely insane that they're in year 5 and have to revise their forecast downwards by 3 million because they don't think they can satisfy demand.

Hell, it's year 5 and they're still anticipating 20 million units to be sold this year. That's absurd.

Does anyone have a guide to making a Japanese Switch account without a credit card? Karaoke trial hours are 10am to 8pm JST, or 9pm to 7am EST starting tonight

Itā€™s easy. Just need another email address. Then open eshop with Japanese account and find the game to download. When you play the game just select your account associated with NSO to play.

Itā€™s pretty cool. Biggest lines they have now are the Studio Series (figures based on the Bayverse, but they started last year with a subline for the ā€˜86 movie which is popular).

The other being Legacy which started late last yearā€¦ which will feature a G1 version of the Stunticons which combines into Menasor. Iā€™m going to collect the five Stunticons lol.

Bonus pic

TlZadGP.jpg

No Megatron I donā€™t want to be reformatted!
I wish the Walmart I go to had better stock as these are cool. Thereā€™s usually nothing good there. Times like these I miss Toys R Us

Used to be big into collecting transformers as a kid. Still have a lot of my old collection. Even autographs from Peter Cullen and Frank Welker

I wish the Walmart I go to had better stock as these are cool. Thereā€™s usually nothing good there. Times like these I miss Toys R Us

Used to be big into collecting transformers as a kid. Still have a lot of my old collection. Even autographs from Peter Cullen and Frank Welker
Me too as a kid, but thereā€™s a store near my place and he considers his store as the biggest in Europe regarding Transformers.

Me too as a kid, but thereā€™s a store near my place and he considers his store as the biggest in Europe regarding Transformers.
There used to be an old store I liked go to for a while that had a bunch of transformers on top of retro video games as well. Even some actual G1 ones from time to time. Sadly, it closed due ti the pandemic and never came back open

There used to be an old store I liked go to for a while that had a bunch of transformers on top of retro video games as well. Even some actual G1 ones from time to time. Sadly, it closed due ti the pandemic and never came back open
Aw that sucks.

To be fair, itā€™s just luck that this store is near me. I recently discovered it and was amazed by the amount of stuff they had. Heā€™s an official partner to Hasbro and he even sells stock to other toy stores, but overal he specializes in Transformers, with some Turtles, Marvel, DC, Star Wars and other stuff on the side.

But itā€™s especially the Transformers (Hasbro, Takara, third party stuff) he sells and hot damn. He has some stuff for show as well.

U4rLruD.jpg

So.. my husband got his Steam account invaded two days ago... Someone got access to the account (which he didn't log for like.. two years), changed the email address, downloaded Lost Ark (apparently a F2P game) and played for 10 hours..

Some friends noticed the suspicious activity and told us in the next day; we contacted the Steam support through his account (thankfully is still logged in in his computer, so he can still use it normally, even after the invasion); but since the automated processing will be getting in touch through the current email tied to the account, I enforced the occurred through my account as well...

A little while after that, the email was changed yet again (I suppose the person who's in control of the account noticed we were talking with the support), and they got the account banned after doing something malicious in Lost Ark..

I already added all the additional details in the ticket I opened on the Steam support through my account, but we still have no solution nor return from Steam... It's been 48 hours already and we still can't change the email address back to something secure.

Thankfully, the account itself had no credit card info attached to it, so at least that is not compromised, but everything else is still being held hostage and Steam haven't came up with a solution

Last edited:
In addition to the F-Zero GX I purchased earlier today as mentioned in an earlier post, I went to another Swap Meet and also managed to obtain for GameCube The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II. All also complete-in-box and mostly near perfect condition. Star Wars has a few scratches on it, but I got it anyway. All four games ran me a total of $60. Pretty good haul today! šŸ˜ƒ

Felt like hitting shit with a lightsaber so I picked up Jedi Academy from the Star Wars Day sale. I played this years back on Xbox but I remember having fun.

The Third Age might be one of the weirdest products out there. Not the first RPG based on LOTR but an EA clone of Final Fantasy X being used for a spin off lets follow the main party around but never meet them take on the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom