• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CESA 2021 Update
As of December 31, 2020

Mario Tennis Aces - 3.66 million
1-2-Switch - 3.45 million
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - 3.42 million
Kirby Star Allies - 3.42 million
Fire Emblem Three Houses - 3.40 million
ARMS - 2.56 million
Yoshi's Crafted World - 2.56 million
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 2.17 million
Octopath Traveler (Outside Japan) - 1.90 million
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - 1.77 million
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX - 1.60 million
Nintendo Labo 01 - 1.42 million
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order - 1.31 million
ASTRAL CHAIN - 1.21 million
Nice! I love that we have numbers for these games! Between Switch and Wii U versions, Tropical freeze sold more than 5.5 million 🙌

YES. No other movie, except maybe Ramen Teh, has ever came close to Ratatouille in terms of explaining why cooking should be, and why it's actually the most important thing in the world.

The other two best Pixar movies are Luca, because it's basically a Miyazaki movie, and Monsters, Inc. Although I also have a soft spot for A Bug's Life (the best cinematographic adaptation of Karl Marx's Das Kapital) and Finding Nemo, arguably one of the most flawless movies ever made.
Hard agree on Ratatouillie.

You lost me with Luca, though! The Disney+ movies, aside from Onward, have felt a bit lacking to me. Beautiful film, sure, but not especially engaging beyond that. Not bad, of course. Just not on par with other Pixar movies.

I feel like Nintendo really needed to more strongly convey Switch Sports has online sword fighting because it is legit. Dual wielding is very fun and enjoyably hard to master.

So I listen to the Fist of Fury soundtrack. I accidentally turned on subtitles and it's lame of course but I've been laughing for over 10 minutes about them 😂

CESA 2021 Update
As of December 31, 2020

Mario Tennis Aces - 3.66 million
1-2-Switch - 3.45 million
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - 3.42 million
Kirby Star Allies - 3.42 million
Fire Emblem Three Houses - 3.40 million
ARMS - 2.56 million
Yoshi's Crafted World - 2.56 million
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 2.17 million
Octopath Traveler (Outside Japan) - 1.90 million
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - 1.77 million
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX - 1.60 million
Nintendo Labo 01 - 1.42 million
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order - 1.31 million
ASTRAL CHAIN - 1.21 million

It’s great to see the GOAT Tropical Freeze do this well. I’m going to celebrate by playing some later.

It's easier to say which Pixar films were not that good. For me it is just Good Dinosaur, it was just ok, a bit boring. Everything else varied from good to great to masterpiece.

Only now I realise how weird it must be for tourists here (Netherlands) that cyclists don't wear helmets. I ran into some folk from the US and they were literally shocked.

Only now I realise how weird it must be for tourists here (Netherlands) that cyclists don't wear helmets. I ran into some folk from the US and they were literally shocked.
I think the difference is that here in the Netherlands bikers have dedicated bike lanes and are relatively safe from car traffic. While I heard some stories of biking in the US being very risky. Anyway, Netherlands is very bike friendly. Small flat country, people love to bike for short distances etc etc

I think the difference is that here in the Netherlands bikers have dedicated bike lanes and are relatively safe from car traffic. While I heard some stories of biking in the US being very risky. Anyway, Netherlands is very bike friendly. Small flat country, people love to bike for short distances etc etc
True. I admit, I never thought about wearing a helmet. I understand the situation is very different in other countries.

My favorite Pixar movie is the third Toy Story partially because of sentimental value, it was the first movie I remember watching in theaters. But even today the final act of that movie is just brilliant.

Incredibles and Ratatouille are probably #2 and #3 on the list for me.

So about the 2022 H2 release schedule, Kit & Krysta recently talked about how they think the H2 2022 release schedule will be.
I know Kit & Krysta do not have inside information anymore, but as former big marketing figures they more than anyone know how Nintendo thinks.

This is how they would schedule H2.
July: Xenoblade Chronicles 3
August: Nothing
September: Splatoon 3
October: Mario+Rabbids 2 (if it's not ready earlier) and Bayonetta 3 (for halloween)
November: Pokemon Scarlet Violet
December: Nothing (Nintendo would rather not release any game, unless strictly necessary like Smash, in December because it's after Black Friday.)
Advance Wars can be dropped on any month.

If this is how Nintendo actually thinks, then I really wonder where TP+WWHD and Metroid Prime Remakester could release. This is already a packed schedule.

My favorite scene from Chrono Trigger. It was so epic

breno-bruhzil.gif
That's leaked footage from the new DK, right?

I've been having massive sleep problems lately.
Same, same. Sucks. My whole week's been borked as a consequence. Like, one week wasted, basically. The ongoing fatigue is seriously exhausting.

Here's hoping for better times asap, for the both of us and anyone else not doing too well right now.

kind of funny that the article is like “WOW EVEN THESE RANDOM GAME DEVS ARE POKING FUN AT SILKSONG, SINCE THE JOKE IS SO WIDESPREAD” when like almost everything I’ve seen about this game is “they sure liked Hollow Knight, huh”

Edit: just to clarify, this isn’t a dunk, I loved Hollow Knight and the game does look good! I look forward to playing it on Switch in a couple months. It’s just that it seems very, very heavily inspired — and it’s baffling that the article is framed as “SOME RANDOM DEV HAS HEARD OF SILKSONG TOO” when they’re clearly very invested in Hollow Knight.

also who lives in the UK and majors in US History?? wtf is that?

Last edited:

So about the 2022 H2 release schedule, Kit & Krysta recently talked about how they think the H2 2022 release schedule will be.
I know Kit & Krysta do not have inside information anymore, but as former big marketing figures they more than anyone know how Nintendo thinks.

This is how they would schedule H2.
July: Xenoblade Chronicles 3
August: Nothing
September: Splatoon 3
October: Mario+Rabbids 2 (if it's not ready earlier) and Bayonetta 3 (for halloween)
November: Pokemon Scarlet Violet
December: Nothing (Nintendo would rather not release any game, unless strictly necessary like Smash, in December because it's after Black Friday.)
Advance Wars can be dropped on any month.

If this is how Nintendo actually thinks, then I really wonder where TP+WWHD and Metroid Prime Remakester could release. This is already a packed schedule.

1-2 Switch sequel missing

I would be surprised if Nintendo doesn’t release or at least announce a game that isn’t even rumored/leaked this year

These in video ads on Youtube are getting ridiculous. I put on a video that was six minutes in length and the first two minutes is just the Youtuber promoting some sponsored bullshit. 2 minutes on the same damn product.

Everyone wanting their platform holder of choice to acquire even more studios while I am just once again asking for Muramasa Rebirth on Switch.

These in video ads on Youtube are getting ridiculous. I put on a video that was six minutes in length and the first two minutes is just the Youtuber promoting some sponsored bullshit. 2 minutes on the same damn product.
Can’t comment on exact numbers for legal reasons, but from what I have seen friends with middle sized channels that get the usual sponsors we all know about , they are offering more than x4 times the money you get per 1k views than Youtube does . I’m talking about 60 sec sponsors in 6min videos. It’s really hard to turn down making more than four times your income.

Can’t comment on exact numbers for legal reasons, but from what I have seen friends with middle sized channels that get the usual sponsors we all know about , they are offering more than x4 times the money you get per 1k views than Youtube does . I’m talking about 60 sec sponsors in 6min videos. It’s really hard to turn down making more than four times your income.

I get it's for the money but damn, it's excessive. They literally run out of things to say about the product after 30 seconds and then it's just rambling for another 90 seconds.

Luckily those are skippable.

I get it's for the money but damn, it's excessive. They literally run out of things to say about the product after 30 seconds and then it's just rambling for another 90 seconds.
Usually that’s sponsors fault, they give them some points they have to mention or a script they have to say and tell them to make it 30/60/90/120 sec long. And because most of them don’t care about the products they just say the points they have been given or the script and then try pad out to reach the seconds goal. Sponsors should either make them more involved on the projects or give them a lot more material to work with.

So it's my birthday! This last year, especially the past 6 months or so, have been a fucking struggle; but I'm getting by. I'm really, really hoping this following year presents a different 'situation' for me. But, of course, I'm the only one who can do that.

With that out of the way... I haven't opened any presents yet, so can't update there :p We have picked up the massive sushi platter that we're having as my big birthday meal. Seriously cannot wait.

DK Tropical Freeze port has likely sold 4 million plus on Switch which is very impressive and good news for any future DK release on Switch. CESA updates make me wish Nintendo released updates for all first-party titles.
Morning fami, and I wish y'all a great weekend!

I've been having massive sleep problems lately. Waking up several times per night, sometimes having multiple dreams.

I have TWEWY waiting for me today, but I'm gonna put it off until I finish Opus: Echo of Starsong.

Same, same. Sucks. My whole week's been borked as a consequence. Like, one week wasted, basically. The ongoing fatigue is seriously exhausting.

Here's hoping for better times asap, for the both of us and anyone else not doing too well right now.
Solidarity to both of you, compadres. My condition basically means I'm tired all the time anyway, so the sleep disruption this week has seriously set me back.

Probably try and get more Pokemon Legends time in later this afternoon. The box with my Series S went missing during the move and the courier haven't found it yet, so there go my plans to start the Mass Effect games (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom