• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
From most of my experience saying movie delays.

It’s usually just strategic. Perhaps wanted the April slot that isn’t usually pack. But I’m
Not sure for next year.

Edit: just saw that Avatar is this year for 16th December lol. I can see a reason now

It was me, I visited Nintendo of America this morning and I made them delay the movie. I wanted to voice Mario instead.

Also the Mario Kart DLC is cancelled because too many people complained about the graphics. You're welcome.

At least now it makes sense why there hasn’t been a single teaser trailer for the film. Really unusual there for a new high budget film that isn’t a sequel or franchise.

Mario actually would have performed quite well as counter-programming for Avatar. It's likely Shazam that will benefit most from Mario movie (now Shazam can try and be the counter-programming).

I believe it was Miyamoto himself who said a rushed movie is bad forever, but a delayed movie is eventually great.

Some things that went right it in the world recently, because there’s so much to be thankful and happy about, and far too little coverage of it.

- Botanical drug based on cannabis extract destroys 100% of pancreatic cancer cells in new experiments
Cannabis And Pancreatic Cancer: Botanical Drug Kills 100% Of Cancer Cells (goodnewsnetwork.org)

- New textile mesh keeps insects off crops while letting in sunlight and water, tripling crop yields
New Mesh for Crops Keeps Out Insects, But Lets in Sun and Rain for up to 3x the Yield (goodnewsnetwork.org)

- In Uganda, endangered mountain gorilla families have welcomed at least 34 new babies during the pandemic, thanks to work of rangers and community groups
https://www.aljazeera.com/features/...gered-mountain-gorillas-survived-the-pandemic

- ‘Artificial pancreas’ could revolutionize the treatment of diabetes
‘Artificial Pancreas’ is Revolutionizing Diabetes Treatment: ‘I never dreamed this would be developed in my lifetime’ (goodnewsnetwork.org)

- A French start up creates street lights using luminescent bacteria that require no electricity
French Town to Light its Streets With Bacteria Luminescence That Needs No Electricity (goodnewsnetwork.org)

- Scientists reverse hearing loss by regenerating sensory receptors in the ear
A new regenerative drug from MIT scientists can reverse hearing loss (interestingengineering.com)

- Coffee lovers rejoice; study finds drinking 2-3 cups a day lead to 10-15% reduction in heart disease risk
Good News for Coffee Lovers: Daily Coffee May Benefit the Heart (goodnewsnetwork.org)

Last edited:
Worth noting that movie delays often aren't due to development issues or stuff like that (like with video games), but rather due to scheduling. Universal's schedule is sort of a mess (backlog of stuff to release after COVID), so it was only a matter of time before they started reshuffling.
good instincts
I hear the move simply stems from optimizing the family audience for that film on that holiday. Meanwhile, Universal will backfill Dec. 21 with Dreamworks Animation’s highly anticipated sequel, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish; that pic moving from its Sept. 23 release date.

The Mario movie may be delayed but at least we can still see Mario in the movies this summer when Thor: Love and Thunder comes to theaters.

Anyone familiar with the franchise, Utawarerumono ? Their games have looked cool. They have little history with nintendo hardware and are mostly PS/PC centric.

Same week as Splatoon 😬.

I just hope the mario film releases already and does decent enough so nintendo can move to ips that are more suited to be made into a film or series. Such as Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox depending if nintendo is feeling enough pity lol

Honestly, I'm still not psychologically prepared to hear Chris Pratt as Mario, so they can delay the movie indefinitely (it's not like it has a remote chance of being any good)

This is Miyamoto. After consulting with Tetsuya-san, my partner at Monolith Soft on Xenoblade Chronicles 3, we decided to move the global release to Spring 2023. We realized the game needed to be hornier to satisfy our artistic vision. My deepest apologies but I promise it will be well worth the wait for you weebs out there.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is #5 on the eShop best sellers list. I think this Star Wars franchise might be big one day. Also how is Sonic Forces at #26? Was it on sale recently?
Maybe the Sonic Movie 2 boost? Kids like the movie, parents search up what recent Sonic game came out on Switch, boom

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is #5 on the eShop best sellers list. I think this Star Wars franchise might be big one day. Also how is Sonic Forces at #26? Was it on sale recently?
Give us the rogue squadron games please! Sega also should have had the origins collection ready to go for the movie launch.

hey big shout out to everyone who lives in apartment complexes and doesn’t scream violently at people while smashing things and banging on walls

there’s some cluster of dudes a floor below us and it seems like one of them is always screaming and fighting the others

and if dude needs help I hope he can access help but it is not a good time for anyone else either

my ptsd sandwich was already full for the day and hearing men scream at each other and hit things is not another thing I wanted to add to that today

hey big shout out to everyone who lives in apartment complexes and doesn’t scream violently at people while smashing things and banging on walls

there’s some cluster of dudes a floor below us and it seems like one of them is always screaming and fighting the others

and if dude needs help I hope he can access help but it is not a good time for anyone else either

my ptsd sandwich was already full for the day and hearing men scream at each other and hit things is not another thing I wanted to add to that today
I was always self conscious about bothering others when I used to live in apartment complexes. Would even try to move slowly on the creaky floors at night so I wouldn't wake them up below us. Not to say I didn't have my angry moments with my roommate, or had a loud tv, but I like to think I was a decent neighbor at least.

Maybe the Sonic Movie 2 boost? Kids like the movie, parents search up what recent Sonic game came out on Switch, boom
Poor kids. Funnily enough, one of the reasons Sega said they remastered Sonic Colors because they thought it was the best introduction game for newcomers who may have found the series through the movie. But now some kids first experience to the games will be...Forces.

Give us the rogue squadron games please! Sega also should have had the origins collection ready to go for the movie launch.

I think the Rogue Squadron games are coming. I believe Sonic Origins was originally planned for a Spring release to go alongside the movie but I guess it needed more time and there's no way they were going to move the movie along with it.

I’m going to have to change the whole concept now…

Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| This is Miyamoto. After consulting with Barely Able-san, we decided to move the global release of ST8 to April 28.

Sorry @EvilChameleon, I’m gonna take a few of your days.
The sooner I can legally ditch this avatar, the better. :p

I had a blast with Sonic 2. Especially the revenge of Rachel the Yandere scene. It was a fun adventure. Tho yeah you could cut some of the filler scenes to make it leaner. Cept the dance fight, that was crucial for Tail’s development

Mario movie’s been delayed cuz the associated Mario movie game was internally delayed…

… as such, Switch Pro will launch in April 2023.

I wonder if Nintendo might announce something before the shareholders meeting? Three delays in a quarter isn't going to look very good, regardless of the circumstances surrounding each.

I wonder if Nintendo might announce something before the shareholders meeting? Three delays in a quarter isn't going to look very good, regardless of the circumstances surrounding each.
Mario Film is probably more on the Universal side decision. Looks like it was gonna be Sandwich between Avatar 2 and Shazam 2.

Tho I’m not seeing the other delay.
BOTW and Mario film.
What’s the 3rd?

Mario Film is probably more on the Universal side decision. Looks like it was gonna be Sandwich between Avatar 2 and Shazam 2.

Tho I’m not seeing the other delay.
BOTW and Mario film.
What’s the 3rd?
Advance Wars. And even though the movie was more of a Universal decision it's still going to piss the investors off. An announcement of a new limited edition console (Splatoon?) or a new game could make things a little better.

Add that while Splatoon 3 isn't TECHNICALLY delayed, September 9th is much later than most expected, too. Granted XC3 took its spot, so maybe that's a wash, but I'm still not sure investors will love that move.

I don't know that we'll get another new announcement beforehand, though; Nintendo seems to like giving release dates in advance of financial briefings (like Kirby back just before the last one), but they've kind of covered all those bases within the last week or so I think. Unless they do something like drop a new trailer for Bayo 3 with a release date? Or Mario + Rabbids? But I feel like they'll save those for a Direct unless they really want to get something else out there.

Add that while Splatoon 3 isn't TECHNICALLY delayed, September 9th is much later than most expected, too. Granted XC3 took its spot, so maybe that's a wash, but I'm still not sure investors will love that move.

I don't know that we'll get another new announcement beforehand, though; Nintendo seems to like giving release dates in advance of financial briefings (like Kirby back just before the last one), but they've kind of covered all those bases within the last week or so I think. Unless they do something like drop a new trailer for Bayo 3 with a release date? Or Mario + Rabbids? But I feel like they'll save those for a Direct unless they really want to get something else out there.
Maybe the next wave of Mario Kart DLC? They could show off a glimpse and a release date. I'm not sure. This briefing is going to be very interesting.

Edit: There's also 3-4 Switch if that's still happening, but that might do more harm than good.

Last edited:
I 1-up you with my 8-tracks!
86FB1F4D-3DEA-4E5A-9CBF-7E9ED41361B4.jpeg

I 1up you with my reel to reel

Forget Mario, are you all ready for the El Muerto Sweep?

This is... a move

Did Spiderverse's delay just lead Sony to scramble to see what they could put together in time?

Edit: Ok no I read the date wrong. Apparently this is very deliberate. Alright then

This is... a move

Did Spiderverse's delay just lead Sony to scramble to see what they could put together in time?

Spiderverse Part 1 is due in 2023, Part 2 in 2024 is only 2 months after this.

I truly don't know what they expect to happen after the Morbius failure, but the communications about Spider-Man spinoffs from that Sony pictures hack from ages ago helps make sense of it all... (aka they have no idea what they're doing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom