• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucks having a customer facing job when your mind is elsewhere. People talking to me and my brain is like

OOOOOOOH.

THE ELDEN RING

SHATTERED. BY SOMEONE. OR SOME THING.
You could just cryptically say things like that randomly, spice things up. The less sense it makes and the more bizarre, the better!

They probably have privately. Iwata once mentioned that they don’t like announcing time they give donations/charities.

Tho I feel sometimes. Pure slience doesn’t help in a lot of ways.
I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand some people/companies prefer to donate and not brag or take credit for it. That is very noble. On the other hand, if they don't mention anything, the silence doesn't look good from a PR stand point.

They probably have privately. Iwata once mentioned that they don’t like announcing time they give donations/charities.
doing that privately is a good thing but for something like this a big company doing it publicly does a lot of good, encouraging others to do the same and bringing more awareness to the crisis.

doing that privately is a good thing but for something like this a big company doing it publicly does a lot of good, encouraging others to do the same and bringing more awareness to the crisis.
It also sheds light on the specific charity and can convince people it's a good charity to use.

can't believe the best game of all time came out 5 years ago

and it was Yakuza 0 which came out in January of 2017, sorry I am a bit late

Strange that NOE seems fine tweeting (they did about the Kirby demo), given it is a European crisis.

DKC Tropical Freeze has been GotY since it's inception and nothing has topped it since. Sorry, these are just the facts. 😌

Arms is good, but have you met Hands?

God, I hope you have not met Hands.
Hans?
wolfenstein-hans-grosse.gif

Guten Tag, Blazkowicz!

Actually yes, I’m interested in hearing why you love ARMS. I thought it was fine but not amazing.
haha, I'll give you the shortest version

The cast was impeccable. Just Character Design masterpieces from top to bottom.
The gameplay was incredibly approachable, yet the true depth was immense.
The soundtrack was wall-to-wall bangers.
The universe/world-building was shockingly thorough. Wish we could have gotten that graphic novel.

The design was near perfect. Not once did I ever wonder why I lost. Even as a fighting game scrub, I was learning from my mistakes. I knew, once I had lost, the exact mistake I made to cause me to lose. The game made the player perfectly aware of everything happening in a 1-on-1 battle because the camera was locked onto your opponent.

The online lobby system was awesome. You were rarely waiting long to get into another fight.

Honestly it's one of the best area fighting games I've ever played, and I really wish it had found an audience. Maybe an ARMS 2 would?

Seems like Nintendo broke their hiatus on YouTube, at least; their last upload was in the 25th, and now they have a new Kirby trailer up.

Still no tweet from NoA tho;

Wasn't expecting a Kirby demo... wow this game rules! That title theme music is just sooo good too.

This game is gonna do numbers huh?

So any hopes we get GB/GBA NSO this year at all? Just looked online to double check my Pocket date and I am Group C 2023 lol So, if they do add that, I may just cancel it.

Wasn't expecting a Kirby demo... wow this game rules! That title theme music is just sooo good too.

This game is gonna do numbers huh?
I actually haven't played a mainline Kirby since Triple Deluxe so I'm pretty excited to check it out! Demo's still downloading...

I hope there's some kind of eldritch monstrosity behind everything again, that's always been my favorite element of the old Kirby games. It's really jarring.

I actually haven't played a mainline Kirby since Triple Deluxe so I'm pretty excited to check it out! Demo's still downloading...

I hope there's some kind of eldritch monstrosity behind everything again, that's always been my favorite element of the old Kirby games. It's really jarring.
I would be shocked if that doesn't happen here too, considering how the demo begins lol. Have fun!

So any hopes we get GB/GBA NSO this year at all? Just looked online to double check my Pocket date and I am Group C 2023 lol So, if they do add that, I may just cancel it.
Hopefully, but I think we will have to wait and see what happens with hardware and all as well. Though I'd be honest, I hope the GBA games revival thing keeps going on and giving us new entries or remakes

GB and GBC later this year I expect; GBA I think is further out.

I don't know how I would rank Switch among other game systems. But it's definitely up there as one of the most important game systems ever made.

It's up there with great systems like SNES, PlayStation 2, and Xbox 360.

After the Switch era, I don't feel much nostalgia for the GameCube era anymore.

To me personally, the Switch era feels like a much, much better version of the GameCube era. The only thing Switch is missing is a few racers (F-Zero, Wave Race) and the Star Fox series. Otherwise, Nintendo has been on fire with Switch.

Hmmm, I can see it. Not sure if it is my number one. That will happen in hindsight. Especially hard to gauge since it may just be the "Switch Family of Systems" from now on, which may elevate it to number one.

Not sure how I would rank them, but my list of GOAT is: SNES, Dreamcast, GameBoy/Color, 3DS, DS, Genesis WITH Sega CD, PS3, Wii, PSP, Switch, Saturn

N64 almost made it due to the importance of Mario 64 and OoT/MM to the medium, but it had the Wii U issue, where it has such quality amazing games.... but way too small of a library.

Hopefully, but I think we will have to wait and see what happens with hardware and all as well. Though I'd be honest, I hope the GBA games revival thing keeps going on and giving us new entries or remakes
I've long since resigned that if Gamecube NSO happens, it won't be until after Gameboy/Advance comes out.

That being said I hope they have enough sense to release GB and GBA at the same time (whether split in the two tiers or reserved to one or the other), rather than just releasing GB this year and GBA next year, meaning Gamecube is still further out 🙃

After the Switch era, I don't feel much nostalgia for the GameCube era anymore.

To me personally, the Switch era feels like a much, much better version of the GameCube era. The only thing Switch is missing is a few racers (F-Zero, Wave Race) and the Star Fox series. Otherwise, Nintendo has been on fire with Switch.

It's a tough call for me. Gamecube had two Timesplitters. Switch has no Timesplitters. Can you really be on fire with no Timesplitters?

I've long since resigned that if Gamecube NSO happens, it won't be until after Gameboy/Advance comes out.

That being said I hope they have enough sense to release GB and GBA at the same time (whether split in the two tiers or reserved to one or the other), rather than just releasing GB this year and GBA next year, meaning Gamecube is still further out 🙃
Either that or Nintendo plans to remaster gamecube titles like the one with Metroid Prime that’s a badly kept secret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom