• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what will happen with Bayonneta once Bayo 3 releases , will Nintendo buy the rights for more game / directly buy the trademark or will it become multiplat , the situation could be even weirder if PG was bought by any of the Big 3

I wonder what will happen with Bayonneta once Bayo 3 releases , will Nintendo buy the rights for more game / directly buy the trademark or will it become multiplat , the situation could be even weirder if PG was bought by any of the Big 3
I don't think that Nintendo will make another Bayonetta without Platinum, they know that these games are critically successful because people know and trust the PlatinumGames brand. That's also why they really pushed hard the "made by PG" when they did the promo for Astral Chain (and they're doing the same with Bayo 3 so far, the trailer ended on credits which is pretty rare for a first-party Nintendo game).

I may be wrong – they initially gave MP4 to Bamco, after all, but I don't see many third-party studios (except maybe the Capcom team that made DMC5) that could produce a Bayonetta game that is on par with the level of quality Nintendo and fans would expect from it.

I am not really a Platinum follower, have they ever produced something of quality on their own, without the likes of Nintendo, etc being involved?
Even if it owes a lot to the quality of Yoko Taro's writing, NieR: Automata is extremely good. And I know that's not a popular opinion, but Vanquish might just be one of the best TPS ever made.

Last edited:
Yeah I kinda suspect the Bayonetta IP will probably be put to bed after Bayo 3, unless it turns out to be super successful.

It will certainly be interesting to see the sale numbers for Bayonetta 3, B1 sold over a million, and B2 not even that, so this really will be sink or swim for the Umbral Witch.

It will certainly be interesting to see the sale numbers for Bayonetta 3, B1 sold over a million, and B2 not even that, so this really will be sink or swim for the Umbral Witch.
I guess we will see if the Switch boost will save her. Which I am guessing it will

Based on the AC sales and the "Switch effect", I think Nintendo can realistically plan for 1.5 million sales for Bayo 3. Maybe 2 million, even. But I don't think they expect it to sell much more than that

I wouldn't worry about the sales of Bayonetta 3, if Astral Chain can sell a million out of the blue there's no reason Bayonetta can't do well.

The main reason Bayonetta could be in jeopardy is if Platinum is bought by someone who isn't Nintendo or Sega. Then the rights would get weird and stuff. But I doubt sales would be the reason for shelving the IP.

Based on the AC sales and the "Switch effect", I think Nintendo can realistically plan for 1.5 million sales for Bayo 3. Maybe 2 million, even. But I don't think they expect it to sell much more than that
I was thinking numbers similar to Astral Chain and the first Bayonetta, 1 million in the first month and then another hundred thousand or so afterwards.

I know thats not a lot really, but Bayo has never been a big seller, maybe this time will be different, I am looking forward to seeing.

I think the writing was on the wall for this game the instant they showed the trailer with the weird washed-out blurry visual style and (especially) revealed it was a service game. Literally everyone I know who was interested in the game before that immediately noped out.
Hey, this is me as well. Such a shame, wasted potential through and through.

Nintendo should buy Good-Feel, then hire Platinum's staff and situate them in Good-Feel's Osaka office. Then, Nintendo can buy the Goemon license from Konami, and have Good-Feel make a new Mystical Ninja with super fast Platinum style combat.

This is all realistic, yes.

Nintendo should buy Good-Feel, then hire Platinum's staff and situate them in Good-Feel's Osaka office. Then, Nintendo can buy the Goemon license from Konami, and have Good-Feel make a new Mystical Ninja with super fast Platinum style combat.

This is all realistic, yes.
goemon's woolly world

That would make me Feel-Good

Platinum's collaboration with Nintendo gave us Astral Chain, Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta 3, The Wonderful 101, Starfox Zero.
Yes maybe their games don't sell much, but Nintendo cherishes this collaboration. We wouldn't have Astral Chain or Bayonetta 3 if Nintendo wasn't okay with how Bayonetta 2 sold and how PG is working.

If Platinum has to be purchased, Nintendo will definitely try to secure them or at least save the people who want to work with them, like Takahisa Taura.

I just can't believe that Nintendo would the Switch Pro

If they called it Bayonetta nobody would care about it.

Wait…

That would make me Feel-Good
b0c4775e441c2188d123577b992db53fc5e19f67_hq.gif

Aw, bummer that Panda deleted their account after that thread. If you're still lurking, it was a well-made thread and I'm sorry if the response, or mine specifically, turned you away! It takes confidence to post a thread and there was nothing to be sorry for. Doors always open for your return and we'd be here with open arms <3

Btw Vampyr is a weird game. It has some really good ideas, but jeez is the game a mess on the gameplay and technical side.

Man, along with a top tier video game, there are few better feelings than when inspiration ignites and my writing flows like liquid lightning.
It feels like flying, like my brain is lit up like a Christmas tree and every nerve is singing.

There's such a pervasive negative view of autism, but whoa boy does it makes the things you love just set your soul on fire, they've been times in video games where I've had to pause it just to run around the room flapping my arms in pure joy.

Last edited:
Anything new on the switch Pro?

Seen some videos guessing it’ll be either this year or next. But all just guessing cause how insane their line up is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom