• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rewatched a couple episodes of the og Dragon Ball. And it reminded me about what a weird little world Goku and Co used to live in. Don't get me wrong, I still have huge amounts of nostalgia for Z and love Super but the older I get, the more I appreciate the sense of adventure and chaotic energy that exudes from the original show. It's kinda like comparing original Pokemon to modern iterations.
The initial Dragon Ball run is way underrated imo (at least in the sense that something with the words "Dragon Ball" in its name can be underrated). As great as the Z stuff is, there's a sense of wonder and whimsy to the earlier stuff that's sorely missing as the series went on

Those first 13 episodes or so in particular are I think still one of the best anime arcs out there. If Dragonball was just the Pilaf Saga and nothing else I think it'd still be fondly rembered as an absolute classic

Huh, it might've been a bad decision to eat a large bowl of porridge for breakfast and then a huge amount of green pea soup for lunch.

As much as it may suck, but is right now really a good time to leave a job (under the condition it's a safe, not-timed one)?

A sound reasoning. These are my thoughts entirely and had the market been safer, I would’ve bailed a long time ago. I’m of course not going to rage-quit tomorrow (tempting as that might be) but make sure my future is secure enough before I pursue it.

As someone who left their job last year due to mental health, finding a new job has been true hell. I left September 29, 2023. Still jobless. It's really bad out here right now. So if you can, stay put.

Update: It's almost 4.30 p.m. ... and i've not double dipped yet. I "delayed" my deadline to 4 p.m. ... but had to delay it again to 5 p.m.

I think i would be a good game devs with all those delays.

Is it hope or stinginess? :LOL:

loki-loki-series.gif

But I'm more talking about dragons and dinosaurs, sometimes even sentient, running around and the talking animal people.
The President of Earth was a dog.

I repeat, in the Dragon Ball universe the President of Earth was a dog.

As an American I could only ever dream of such a paradise.

My Fami activity has really gone up since work entered low season and since my work started to become such a mental toll that my work morale sank enough for me to allow myself to browse internet forums without bad conscience.
ayyy silver linings

Do I buy a new right joycon, or ride this one I've had since 2019 out until the end? Choices, choices...
Is it drifting? If that's the problem I'd say fix it and keep going. I've replaced the sticks in mine three or four times now, still rocking a V1 set from 2017 😅

It's not drifting, it's... stiff, if that makes sense? Like sometimes the motion is completely fine, and other times I have to give it a bit more oomph.
oooh okay but still just the stick, right? As long as the stick is the only issue they're a really cheap and easy fix. I think around $10 on Amazon for a replacement that comes with the special tools.

Sounds like a case of "open it up and use some compressed air spray to clean it".
Or this. 😅

I'm still not entirely sold on Threads, however I did come across this gem:

"When you go to Subway, the person referred to as a Sandwich Artist is not the person placing the order."

As someone who left their job last year due to mental health, finding a new job has been true hell. I left September 29, 2023. Still jobless. It's really bad out here right now. So if you can, stay put.
yeah, I had a sort of specific but choreographed shift last year right before the dread set in — but things, at least here, are worse now. I have a bad feeling about the arc they’re gonna take. Just move carefully, and I hope whatever moves for your mental health are better than mine have been, lmao.

Oh that's right, I remember reading about those new magnetic sticks that came out last year or something.
To be clear: the magnetic sticks are not the $10 ones on Amazon 😅

Gonna be a bit of a price difference if you go that route, like $20 instead of $10 from a quick search, and I'm not sure if the brands selling them for $20 are the good ones people have been raving about. They're called "hall effect" if you wanna look into them.

I'm still not entirely sold on Threads, however I did come across this gem:

"When you go to Subway, the person referred to as a Sandwich Artist is not the person placing the order."
The artist is the one doing the work. The person placing the order is the one commissioning the sandwich. The Sandwich Patron.

Holy shit

Holy shit

I posted the below picture in the twitter/musk thread a while back when Cybertruck=Aztek memes were getting going, but never expected the final tent would look more like the meme than its own concept. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

kvnlrjs7ke2c1.jpg
Oh... Oh my god... 😂😂😂😂
This is just perfection haha

What are y'all talking about? What did I miss last month???
...so, uh.

You remember 2uswave, right? How she used this really wacky song to make contact?

She...she died to bring Suswave back. And we had a funeral. Suswave honored them the best way they could have.

2uswave will be sorely missed.

...gosh, this is gonna make no sense to those who missed last month's thread, isn't it? Even going back into character for a sec is wild.

There is something inherently millennial to going to the dentist in your early 30s while the hygienist is scraping your teeth and Sean Paul is playing on the radio, when I used to get crunk in da clerb in my early 20s to "Get Busy".

Is Chronal Whiplash a thing/the next entry in Chrono Trigger?

There is something inherently millennial to going to the dentist in your early 30s while the hygienist is scraping your teeth and Sean Paul is playing on the radio, when I used to get crunk in da clerb in my early 20s to "Get Busy".

Once Nirvana and Pearl Jam were playing in classic rock station, I stopped caring and embraced what was coming. Now all the turn of the millennium pop hits being adult contemporary don’t phase me anymore

Once Nirvana and Pearl Jam were playing in classic rock station, I stopped caring and embraced what was coming. Now all the turn of the millennium pop hits being adult contemporary don’t phase me anymore
A local "classic R&B" station was playing Cardi B the other day. I didn't know what to do.

your age perception had a Chrono Break

See, I thought I was immune to it because most of my favourite music is classic rock in the first place; I once had a good chuckle at my friend who heard What I've Done played after Beast of Burden on Q107 and damn near had a meltdown beside me while I was driving.

Except one time years and years ago Teletoon Retro (which before it got axed used to play all the classic cartoons like Looney Tunes, Flintstones, Jetsons, 1960s Scooby-Doo, Rocket Robin Hood, He-Man, She-Ra, etc.), they aired ReBoot and I feel like I had my first mid-life crisis at the tender age of 19.

A local "classic R&B" station was playing Cardi B the other day. I didn't know what to do.
I also would be unsure how to respond. I'd follow the lead on Gen X for the appropriate response there because I am simply dumbfounded.

your age perception had a Chrono Break
It really do be feeling like my neck was forcibly rotated 360° without my consent 🙃

Except one time years and years ago Teletoon Retro (which before it got axed used to play all the classic cartoons like Looney Tunes, Flintstones, Jetsons, 1960s Scooby-Doo, Rocket Robin Hood, He-Man, She-Ra, etc.), they aired ReBoot and I feel like I had my first mid-life crisis at the tender age of 19.
Not sure who all's familiar with Nick At Nite but it's the late night block of Nickelodeon that played classic tv shows, assuming the kids had gone to bed. All the way through my youth it was playing stuff like Mister Ed, Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Sanford and Son, Happy Days, like 60s and 70s stuff. Old stuff. Some of it was even in black and white.

Well my dad was channel surfing the other night and landed on Nick at Nite and they were playing Friends.

And all this week suddenly my back has been hurting. Never bothered me before but suddenly now it's all fucky. Coincidence???

There is something inherently millennial to going to the dentist
there’s also something inherently millennial about being too poor to go to the dentist

i wasn’t using that tooth anyways…

...so, uh.

You remember 2uswave, right? How she used this really wacky song to make contact?

She...she died to bring Suswave back. And we had a funeral. Suswave honored them the best way they could have.

2uswave will be sorely missed.

...gosh, this is gonna make no sense to those who missed last month's thread, isn't it? Even going back into character for a sec is wild.

But what does that have to do with Bingle?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom