• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who all's familiar with Nick At Nite but it's the late night block of Nickelodeon that played classic tv shows, assuming the kids had gone to bed. All the way through my youth it was playing stuff like Mister Ed, Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Sanford and Son, Happy Days, like 60s and 70s stuff. Old stuff. Some of it was even in black and white.

Well my dad was channel surfing the other night and landed on Nick at Nite and they were playing Friends.

And all this week suddenly my back has been hurting. Never bothered me before but suddenly now it's all fucky. Coincidence???
Nick@Nite for me was Full House, The Cosby Show, The Nanny & Fresh Prince when I was in school. They added Friends in 2011, two years after I graduated, but I was still watching the channel on a regular basis before bed.

Nick@Nite for me was Full House, The Cosby Show, The Nanny & Fresh Prince when I was in school. They added Friends in 2011, two years after I graduated, but I was still watching the channel on a regular basis before bed.
Oh god 🤣

Full House, The Nanny, Fresh Prince (and gotta give a shoutout to Family Matters) was new television while I was in school. 🧓

Not sure who all's familiar with Nick At Nite but it's the late night block of Nickelodeon that played classic tv shows, assuming the kids had gone to bed. All the way through my youth it was playing stuff like Mister Ed, Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Sanford and Son, Happy Days, like 60s and 70s stuff. Old stuff. Some of it was even in black and white.

Well my dad was channel surfing the other night and landed on Nick at Nite and they were playing Friends.

And all this week suddenly my back has been hurting. Never bothered me before but suddenly now it's all fucky. Coincidence???
My era. Had Lucy, Bewitched, I dream of Genie too

But what does that have to do with Bingle?????
Just...just watch the videos. It'll make sense.

Maybe?

I don't know.

But it does give you more context!

Fun fact: Friends is turning 30 this year! It's old stuff too! Better get some heat/cold on that back pain.

It's like that freaky new radio channel we have here which has a tagline: "all the hits from yesteryear, reliving your youth" or something like that and they play music from when I was already in my twenties and it felt like a gut punch combined with a light panic lmao

...so, uh.

You remember 2uswave, right? How she used this really wacky song to make contact?

She...she died to bring Suswave back. And we had a funeral. Suswave honored them the best way they could have.

2uswave will be sorely missed.

...gosh, this is gonna make no sense to those who missed last month's thread, isn't it? Even going back into character for a sec is wild.

not to flaunt my own knack for the inscrutable but damn. lmao. what a month

zhwdI8g.jpeg

okay this quote from Masashi Kishimoto about Toriyama passing fucked me up pretty bad

It's like that freaky new radio channel we have here which has a tagline: "all the hits from yesteryear, reliving your youth" or something like that and they play music from when I was already in my twenties and it felt like a gut punch combined with a light panic lmao
Reminds me of when one of the local classic rock radio stations here finally threw in the towel and started playing Nirvana and Green Day.

Did some different stuff today. Went on a nice running jog and it felt good.

Watched some of a tv show I’ve been meaning to watch, while this show I didn’t watch, I may watch the Shogun, next, kinda interests me.

I also tried playing a mix of consoles and switch to have a bit more fun so I played rebirth for a bit this morning then I played Mario vs DK some this afternoon and I may play more or something else on switch this evening. This has been fun to do

...so, uh.

You remember 2uswave, right? How she used this really wacky song to make contact?

She...she died to bring Suswave back. And we had a funeral. Suswave honored them the best way they could have.

...gosh, this is gonna make no sense to those who missed last month's thread, isn't it? Even going back into character for a sec is wild.

What the fuck.........

Maybe I should have kept trying to destroy him after all.......

I think I'm gonna finally play Chrono Trigger tonight, if only a little bit. For Toriyama.

Okay stop whatever you’re doing and watch this, your day will be better I promise:

(it’s not a King Fu Panda 4 ad really, it’s Jack Black singing Baby One More Time and it rules!)

mr miyamoto give this man a dry bowser power metal ballad for the super mario bros movie 2

what does it have to do with bingle
Watch these videos to try to get some context.
...so, uh.

Okay stop whatever you’re doing and watch this, your day will be better I promise:

(it’s not a King Fu Panda 4 ad really, it’s Jack Black singing Baby One More Time and it rules!)

I so love that he brought KG with him

(also YAY Ke Huy Quan!! and YAAAAY James Hong!!!!!!)

this is the second day in a row that I’ve shouted “is that KYLE GASS?!” out loud

which is kind of amazing if you think about it

and damn. not that I ever forget. but you really have to respect the pipes on Jack Black. still gets me every time.

this is the second day in a row that I’ve shouted “is that KYLE GASS?!” out loud

and damn. not that I ever forget. but you really have to respect the pipes on Jack Black. still gets me every time.
It always catches me off guard, too! I don’t know why but it does.

Related:

He's a wayyyyyy better singer than I think most people give him credit for imo. Even the people who know him as a rock singer probably just think of him goofily belting Tenacious D lyrics but he's even more talented than that. He and KG did a cover of Wicked Game a year or two ago that I couldn't believe. Those two drip with talent, it's ridiculous.
(I recommend caution to anyone who curiously looks it up though because the "official video" they made for it is, in true Tenacious D fashion, a bit unsafe for work 😅)

edit: ope, well there it is! Thanks @SammyJ9! 🤣😂🤣😂

He's a wayyyyyy better singer than I think most people give him credit for imo. Even the people who know him as a rock singer probably just think of him goofily belting Tenacious D lyrics but he's even more talented than that. He and KG did a cover of Wicked Game a year or two ago that I couldn't believe. Those two drip with talent, it's ridiculous.
(I recommend caution to anyone who curiously looks it up though because the "official video" they made for it is, in true Tenacious D fashion, a bit unsafe for work 😅)

edit: ope, well there it is! Thanks @SammyJ9! 🤣😂🤣😂
me, who just posted that exact video

(But yeah, I’ll spoiler it just in case)

Say whatever else you want about Jack Black, but you can't deny that he throws all of his energy into whatever he does.

Been rough catching up on several manga and seeing all the other mangaka penning their farewells to Toriyama. His works touched the hearts of so many people, and it's hard to imagine where my favorite form of entertainment would be without his influence. Or if it would even become my preferred form of media.

I literally do not know what Wicked Game is so the cover aspect is a bit lost on me

Okay that’s awesome

Jack Black always seems like a cool guy to me

I remember Jack Black singing the beginning of ‘Kiss from a Rose’ at one point, too. I would totally love an entire album that’s just Tenacious D covers.
YUP!! For American Idol! And Kyle was there too!!! Probably before most people had ever even heard of Tenacious D.

And then the judges had to pretend Jack was shit after he fuckin rocked that house.

And then Seal said it was the best cover of the song he'd ever heard 😎

Dare I say it? Better than the original 😏

Did some different stuff today. Went on a nice running jog and it felt good.

Watched some of a tv show I’ve been meaning to watch, while this show I didn’t watch, I may watch the Shogun, next, kinda interests me.
I definitely recommend Shogun, I'm hugely enjoying it.

I think Brazil said we're due for an Indie World this March, and then a direct in April. I've been looking at videos checking games that haven't been released on Switch yet, that could potentially be featured during the showcase.

I considered opening a thread for this, but I don't know. Wasn't sure it would generate much discussion.

At the risk of sounding like a boomer, I still love watching old shows like that. There is something comforting about those old shows.

I also met Mary Tyler Moore before she died.

Fun fact about Dick Van Dyke: He is an animator and loves animation. He still animates cartoons during his free time. He also plays video games.

He's 98 years old and still sharp as a tack.

Last edited:
There are certain actors who are just genuinely nice people.

Jack Black
Bob Odenkirk
Adam Sandler

I don't think I've ever heard any bad stories about those 3 actors.
Bob Odenkirk is one of the only graduates from my alma mater who doesn't make me bury my head in shame, including myself!

There are certain actors who are just genuinely nice people.

Jack Black
Bob Odenkirk
Adam Sandler

I don't think I've ever heard any bad stories about those 3 actors.
Bob literally apologized for his "dark years" at SNL, said he was an asshole to everyone, including his boss.

Adam Sandler endorsed Rudy Guiliani, despite knowing him as a problematic person.

It's best to not to vouch for people we don't know, especially celebrities. You might have never heard anything bad about them but don't forget, they hire specialized people to conceal their darkest secrets. The road to superstardom is not a clean one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom