• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they? Never played this series.
I'm really fond of them! Hard to describe succinctly, I'm finding out now hah. A grim FPS, tough, survival elements, some immersive sim elements, managing your standing with different factions and Stalkers, a little sci-fi bent. Apparently the Trilogy release is actually for Xbox One and PS4, which is pretty strange; Series X|S & PS5 upgrades will come in a few months for free, but until then it's just backward compatible.

Just dawned me that we could be in a pretty big year for SRPGs/TRPGs ...

Unicorn Overlord about to release, and i think it's pretty fitting to call it an Ogre Battle spiritual successor.
The rumored FE 4 Remake.
And given the GoT PC news, it's possible that there's also the FFT remaster coming up end of the year.

Funny, the "biggest" IPs of the genre make a "return" this year.

That said, it's one day before release, and my fucking Unicorn Overlord CE still hasn't shipped! The fuck Amazon? You even say on the product page "release March 8th"!

I'm this close to just say "fuck it" and getting the game digitally too. I'm out of demo time and really don't wanna wait until (worst case) tuesday next week.

Just dawned me that we could be in a pretty big year for SRPGs/TRPGs ...

Unicorn Overlord about to release, and i think it's pretty fitting to call it an Ogre Battle spiritual successor.
The rumored FE 4 Remake.
And given the GoT PC news, it's possible that there's also the FFT remaster coming up end of the year.

Funny, the "biggest" IPs of the genre make a "return" this year.

That said, it's one day before release, and my fucking Unicorn Overlord CE still hasn't shipped! The fuck Amazon? You even say on the product page "release March 8th"!

I'm this close to just say "fuck it" and getting the game digitally too. I'm out of demo time and really don't wanna wait until (worst case) tuesday next week.
And there's this Front Mission 3 remake... which I'm hyped about the most, only unlocalized game in the main series.

And I feel it's past time for the grand return of the GOAT SRPG series: Summon Night! Media.vision has quite number of secret project, one of them has got to be the 7th game. If it really is, Namco might consider bringing rest of the series to western audience. Keeping the first 4 games Japan exclusive is one of the most weird decisions Namco had made.

Keeping the first 4 games Japan exclusive is one of the most weird decisions Namco had made.

That's childs play when you remember that the first, officially released FE game in Europe was Blazing Blade.

Which is the 7th(!!!!) game in the series.

Oof those Japanese rebirth numbers are rough

I think worse is the PS5 bump. It's literally ... whelming, and heck Switch got a similar big one with basically no new game releasing that week.

And as of now, without knowing what Sony has planned for releases this year, Rebirth might as well be one of the biggest game releases in 2024 for the system.

Oof those Japanese rebirth numbers are rough
I definitely expected higher. Maybe the great WoM gives it the push to surprise Famitsu numbers next week. But I kind of doubt it considering the front loaded sales of RPG's in general.

Updates on my Crystal Legacy Nuzlocke run: Well, I got Suicune and he was technically my first encounter in that area. I don't usually use legendaries, but what the heck, why not try something new. He does overlap with my Feraligator, so I boxed my starter for now. Sorry Joker!

Any Fami know of ways to interface with a Wii U without a gamepad? My console and completely broken gamepad have been in a box under the bed for years now, and I'm planning on clearing some things out later this month (selling my PS4, giving clothes to charity shops and so on). I want to crack the security on my Wii U so I can rescue the Virtual Console games that are very much still trapped on it, but don't have access to a working gamepad. If there's a way to do that with a PC interface that would be grand.

Updates on my Crystal Legacy Nuzlocke run: Well, I got Suicune and he was technically my first encounter in that area. I don't usually use legendaries, but what the heck, why not try something new. He does overlap with my Feraligator, so I boxed my starter for now. Sorry Joker!
Free legendary? Just be careful about the inevitable RNG backlash :LOL:

RNGesus giveth and he taketh away.

Oh and @Raccoon

I have to give a shoutout to @MissingNo.'s beautiful ST for Unicorn Overlord:

This will be one of those fancy artsy monuments drawing in tourists to the town square

Normally when we talk about a future 2D Zelda game we say that it will be a remake of Oracles. Why doesn't anyone say A Link To The Past?
I know it's not actually a remake, but I feel like Link Between Worlds was kinda already just "LttP but better" and it'd be disappointing for them to go back to that particular well again

Considering the last "new" 2D Zelda was LBW in 2013 and that reused LttP's characters and iconography and map so heavily and all we've gotten since was a fairly 1:1 remake of Link's Awakening, at this point I'd really hope a future 2D Zelda is a new game and not a remake of LttP or the Oracles or anything

(also incredibly unpopular opinion but I think LttP is just mid as heck; important from a historical context and definitely better than the NES and DS Zeldas, but imo it doesn't do anything that pretty much every other Zelda since hasn't done better)

I know it's not actually a remake, but I feel like Link Between Worlds was kinda already just "LttP but better" and it'd be disappointing for them to go back to that particular well again

Considering the last "new" 2D Zelda was LBW in 2013 and that reused LttP's characters and iconography and map so heavily and all we've gotten since was a fairly 1:1 remake of Link's Awakening, at this point I'd really hope a future 2D Zelda is a new game and not a remake of LttP or the Oracles or anything

(also incredibly unpopular opinion but I think LttP is just mid as heck; important from a historical context and definitely better than the NES and DS Zeldas, but imo it doesn't do anything that pretty much every other Zelda since hasn't done better)
that last part ☝🏼☝🏼☝🏼

few things wrong with Alttp, but also few reasons to return to it, it has been surpassed for about 30 years now

Hard agree on this. It's okay, but it's also not very fun to play nowadays. It would certainly benefit from some sort of remake, especially one that would fix the "bumpy" nature of the game

The best 2D Zeldas are OoA and OoS.

And it's naturally that they are, they're from the guy who's responsible for BotW and TotK, after all. :]

Another day, another reminder that I am not smarter than a three and a half pound lagomorph named Mr. Peanutbutter that doesn't even have opposable thumbs

I think it can still apply! Usually when I think of 'wall of sound' I think of layers of loud, enveloping music like heavy synth mixed with guitar and drums. But layers upon layers of instrumentation like saxes and everything is close.

I'd usually think of something like this for heavy synth (most Birthday Massacre has a real 'blanket of sound' feel to it):

For something heavier with still a lot of synth, Within Temptation fits:

Or if you want something REALLY heavy with tons of synth, guitar, vocals (multiple types!) and just walls upon walls of sound, then Wintersun:

Oh well, I know what I'm adding to my synthwave playlist 😋 Admittedly I haven't delved too deep into Heavy Synth and usually stuck to The Midnight, FM-84 and Dreamkid, but I'm very interested diving deeper into those two artists you listed!

And also, Wintersun unlocked such a core memory that I haven't listened to them since their debut album in 2004. Dunno why I fell off them, but finding out they have another three albums is a pleasant surprise to find out this morning haha

And as of now, without knowing what Sony has planned for releases this year, Rebirth might as well be one of the biggest game releases in 2024 for the system.
Sorta like how Sonic was one of the highest-grossing films in 2020 but with a bigass caveat 😅

Oh and @Raccoon

I have to give a shoutout to @MissingNo.'s beautiful ST for Unicorn Overlord:

This will be one of those fancy artsy monuments drawing in tourists to the town square
Holy shit that animated banner 😮

Another day, another reminder that I am not smarter than a three and a half pound lagomorph named Mr. Peanutbutter that doesn't even have opposable thumbs
aaaaayyyy tell him I said hi

Assasinate creed?
🎶Can you take me higher🎶

77f3et.gif

aaaaayyyy tell him I said hi
Stinky rat bastard continues to defy my barriers to prevent him getting behind the couch, but he did come say hello when I said his name* just now!

*recognized I was eating a banana and immediately jumped onto my desk to stand on my keyboard, demanding tribute

lol i'm fairly sure this nightmarish VN that launched on the eshop today is entirely AI-generated, or at least the visuals and almost definitely the script. the description promises 20+ music tracks and i need to hear that shit.

i've never been one to complain about shovelware (i think it's funny and cool...) but if this is where it's headed then i fear that even soulless cash grabs can't be fun anymore. looks like that publisher used to release more "high-effort" shovelware (games with mechanics and 3D models and less or no apparent AI) but they've released five other games in the last month that are basically this exact same thing.
really bleak! even if we all acknowledge there will come a day when this shit is actually difficult to identify, I do think any effort platform holders make to clamp down on this stuff now can only be positive

btw given you typed "emoticon" I'm DEF not older than you, no front
Plus emoticons and emojis are totally different things ಠ⁠﹏⁠ಠ

Stinky rat bastard continues to defy my barriers to prevent him getting behind the couch, but he did come say hello when I said his name* just now!

*recognized I was eating a banana and immediately jumped onto my desk to stand on my keyboard, demanding tribute
I'm not terribly religious but Mr Peanutbutter is at least a bishop or something in my belief system

I'm very open about the Galar Pokemon games being some of my favorites, and I've sunk tons and tons of hours into them, but today I just learned you could leave the stadium between Wyndon Cup matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom