• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Unicorn Overlord |ST| Tactical Fantasy Rebirth

MissingNo.

Nothing beats a jelly-filled doughnut!
Pronouns
He/Him
5RJrEMG.gif

7Y0y9Px.png

Embark on a journey across the continent of Fevrith on a quest to regain your birth right in this all new tactical RPG from the minds behind 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and Odin Sphere.

Information​

Release date:
2024/03/08​
Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S|X​
Genre:
Tactical RPG​
Developer:
Vanillaware​
Publisher:
Atlus​
Rating:
PEGI 12, USK 12, ESRB T, CERO C​
Physical release:
Standard Edition, Collectors Edition​
Demo:
available, progress carries over​
Voices:
Japanese, English​
Text:
Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian​

Story and Characters​

A bloody revolution upsets the balance of power amongst the five nations on continent of Fevrith. Having been forced to flee his home during the ensuing turmoil, Alain, the prince of Cornia, is chosen to lead the Liberation Army in an effort to regain freedom for his people.

Among Alain's closest allies are his childhood friend Lex, the holy knight Joseph, and the priestess Scarlett. Recruit over 60 characters, among them not only humans, but also elves, beasts, and angels, and customise your units to gain the upper hand in battle.

Exploration​

Unlike in most tactical RPGs, you don't just choose your next destination on a map and load into distinct levels to battle in. Unicorn Overlord features an open world you are free to explore at your leisure, with battles taking place seamlessly on the overworld. Reclaim towns, do some side quests – where you go and which order you tackle it all is entirely up to you! As you liberate the world, new quests and allies will become available, and new facilities such as armorers and provisioners will be unlocked.

Socialization and Interactions​

Like in other SRPGs, the higher the bonds between individual characters, the better they work as a unit in battle. Unicorn Overlord's implementation of this system is called rapport. There are different ways to strengthen the bonds between characters, such as having them fight together or share meals. If you played the recent Fire Emblem games, you will be familiar with the general idea.

Unit Customization​

With a variety of different classes and skills to choose from, unit customization is bound to take up a great deal of your time! Making sure you are leading well-equipped and properly balanced units into battle will make all the difference, and preparation is key!

Battles​

Phase 1: Real-time combat on the battle stage​

The first phase of battle takes place in real time in the overworld, and it's where you as a player can actively make a difference. Command the movement of your units and make strategically important key decisions.​

Phase 2: Turn-based auto battle​

Once your unit makes contact with an enemy unit on the battle stage, the second phase begins. This one sees your units battle the enemy in a turn-based fashion. Skills are automatically used as predetermined by the tactics and other conditions you set when customizing your units.

Online Functionality​

The Coliseum allows you to prove your prowess as a commander in PvP matches, both off- and online, so bring your best units and your most cunning strategical maneuvers to show your friends a thing or three!

Unicorn-Overlord_Coliseum-Menu_Screenshot.jpg

Collector's Edition​

Alright, let's see... So we have some digital goodies, an artbook, a two disc re-arranged OST – an entirely separate card game? This Collector's Edition is sure to make a fine addition to your collection!

81bA723R2eL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

You might also want to check out​

Last but not least, a massive thank you…

...to both @big lantern ghost and @OTBWY for the banner and themed and ST logo respectively!​

Amazing ST MissingNo! Going to be a while sadly before I can play it, but I love Vanillaware so I’m excited to play this soon!

Just had to check my Amazon preorder of the CE in anticipation, and it says "delivery expected March 11th - March 12th" ...

Someone hold me please. ;_;

Just got my copy yesterday (first time I'm getting a game before release). The feeling of this game is just something else. It's just too obvious that Vanillaware cares so much about their games. Just try the demo (I think its still available?). It includes the first 7-8 hours of the game and the saves carry on to the full game without issue.

I ordered my Collector's Edition through a retailer I don't usually deal with using a guest account, and now I can't even check when my order is going to be dispatched and am sitting here waiting for the confirmation mail like an idiot. :orang:

Amazing ST. Listening to this banger while waiting for my copies to ship:

By the way, anyone who hasn't bought 13 Sentinels will be banned by @Aurc

By the way, anyone who hasn't bought 13 Sentinels will be banned by @Aurc

Let's make a deal, someone of you gets Amazon to deliver my CE on launch day, and not early next week as estimated, and i will suppress my dislike of Visual Novels and get 13 Sentinels.

Deal?

Fantastic ST. The demo was so great I went from maybe to day 1 lol. Sadly my copy arrives on Monday, but I cant wait.
One of the better demos I’ve played in ages. Just enough time to really get your head around what’s going on.

Mine is arriving on the 11th allegedly.... However my order says that was an update from an estimation for April 22nd so maybe I actually dodged a bullet

Last edited:

Summoning me in threads for games I don't play just to destroy me like this. Diabolical.

I was watching The Sponge episode of Seinfeld late at night and an old woman appeared and gave me this bell. I decided to use it in this thread to test and it worked. Thank you for cooperating.

elden-ring-summoning-bell-2.png

I was watching The Sponge episode of Seinfeld late at night and an old woman appeared and gave me this bell. I decided to use it in this thread to test and it worked. Thank you for cooperating.

elden-ring-summoning-bell-2.png
Since I'm playing through Lies of P right now, I unfortunately can't cooperate, as the game totally lacks any sort of online component.

See you in the Shadow of the Erdtree thread.

treat shitposter with care,
therefore time for Yeah!ing

iN0kF5D.jpg

And here, have a rough take. If I had to see this, so should you. Please play the original Tower Knight theme in the background as you read this tweet.

(Sorry for shitting up your lovely ST, @MissingNo. 💔)

I was honestly considering suggesting this exact ST title but I'm pretty sure I never did. So I'm officially accusing @MissingNo. of mind theft /s

Pretty hooked on Rebirth right now, more so than I expected, so may not end up grabbing this at launch like I was planning (but we'll see). Still really excited to play this though, the demo was spectacular

I was honestly considering suggesting this exact ST title but I'm pretty sure I never did. So I'm officially accusing @MissingNo. of mind theft /s

Pretty hooked on Rebirth right now, more so than I expected, so may not end up grabbing this at launch like I was planning (but we'll see). Still really excited to play this though, the demo was spectacular
Haha, I actually suggested it myself a while ago in the pre-release thread, but hey – great minds and all that.

Was this confirmed somewhere besides the main metacritic page? That just seems to be the standard for any upcoming release.
Not to my knowledge, no. I pulled it straight from there, no idea when they usually update with the actual embargo date.

I think someone on Era wrote reviews would drop tomorrow? No idea it that's legit though, at this point it feels only reviewers know when they can upload their stuff.

For what it's worth, according to screens from reddit (?), the patch added another difficulty option. The easiest one from the demo is now "Normal", and there's one below that.

For what it's worth, according to screens from reddit (?), the patch added another difficulty option. The easiest one from the demo is now "Normal", and there's one below that.
They've been advertising that one on the official homepage from the beginning to my recollection.

There's four difficulty options total with Story, Normal, Tactical, and Expert.

What throws me off is the patch notes saying Normal is new, when I could swear they always had that on the homepage.

OP tell me you didn't namedrop Fire Emblem in the OP and didn't even mention the game's inspiration (Ogre Battle) a single time.

OP tell me you didn't namedrop Fire Emblem in the OP and didn't even mention the game's inspiration (Ogre Battle) a single time.
oops-steve-carell.gif

Well... Shit. The subtitle I originally had in mind was a reference to Ogre Battle, and I guess I sort of forgot about working that in somewhere else when I changed the subtitle.

oops-steve-carell.gif

Well... Shit. The subtitle I originally had in mind was a reference to Ogre Battle, and I guess I sort of forgot about working that in somewhere else when I changed the subtitle.
Cmon

I could just edit in a Battle Ogre reference retroactively and pretend it has always been there, but I won't, so my immeasurable shame is on display for everyone to behold.

Yesss it’s nearly here! I haven’t had a chance to play the demo yet but I’m jumping in hard on Friday. Vanillaware art, great music, tons of unit customization and character recruitment… can’t wait.

Pssst!

My CE is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, aka a day early.

luluwpp.gif

Come on Amazon, what's wrong? You even state "release date March 8th" on the CE product page. Why do i have to wait for next week? Why can't you be cool just once? ;_;

Especially with everyone seemingly getting the game early...

In case anyone is curious about the CE, here's some pictures:

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

In case anyone is curious about the CE, here's some pictures:

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
You wouldn't happen to have card sleeves, would you? I'm curious if those playing cards can be sleeved with standard sized sleeves.

You wouldn't happen to have card sleeves, would you? I'm curious if those playing cards can be sleeved with standard sized sleeves.
Unfortunately not. What I can tell you though is that they have the exact same size as a standard deck of poker cards, if that helps.

After seeing those pics I had to change my order from the regular version to the Collector's Edition. I usually don't go for all that extra stuff but I'm a sucker for card games so THANK YOU I GUESS

Back
Top Bottom