• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Josef was talking about how TGA keeps getting better while we're here talking for three hours about how bad it sucks. 😂🤣😂🤣

Lol. What a joke show. What respectable award would have at the very end an announcement (advertisement) to go to YouTube and actually complain about who didn’t win?

the fact is that the Game Awards operate with an extremely narrow (but popular) take on what the pinnacle of gaming is

like they include a lot in the “awards” and if someone wants to advertise something you bet they’ll take that money

but recognizing that there’s a thread that ties things like Quantic Dream Star Wars to Fall Guys feat. Overwrought Nostalgia Disney Film to Serious But A Little Wacky Guns & Gliders to Cinema At Any Cost: The Game to This is Literally Just An Ad for A Movie, etc…

idk, I think this version of “elevating the art of gaming” isn’t really elevating the art of gaming

I’m glad a lot of people who do good work get recognized

and frequently legit soulful things get celebrated

I’m sure this whole deal appeals to a lot of people

but part of why I enjoy Nintendo so much is what keeps it at odds with shows like this

That was pretty disappointing. First year in quite a while that Nintendo had absolutely nothing to show, right? The lack of third party games coming to Switch didn't really help.

And when the hell is Chrono Cross going to be announced? The datamined Another Eden files made it sound like it'd be happening right away, and the Nvidia leak also had it dated for December.

Giving Dread a consolation win in another category and not GOTY was the most predictable thing ever. Please understand that no Nintendo game is ever going to win GOTY at TGA again. Not even BotW 2, when Elden Ring is coming out the same year.

As for Nintendo announcements, there was somehow even less than usual (although this isn't the least there's ever been, the Sunbreak trailer puts it ahead of 2015). But I'm not surprised and no one else should be either.

the fact is that the Game Awards operate with an extremely narrow (but popular) take on what the pinnacle of gaming is

like they include a lot in the “awards” and if someone wants to advertise something you bet they’ll take that money

but recognizing that there’s a thread that ties things like Quantic Dream Star Wars to Fall Guys feat. Overwrought Nostalgia Disney Film to Serious But A Little Wacky Guns & Gliders to Cinema At Any Cost: The Game to This is Literally Just An Ad for A Movie, etc…

idk, I think this version of “elevating the art of gaming” isn’t really elevating the art of gaming

I’m glad a lot of people who do good work get recognized

and frequently legit soulful things get celebrated

I’m sure this whole deal appeals to a lot of people

but part of why I enjoy Nintendo so much is what keeps it at odds with shows like this
Thinking on it, if Nintendo could just consistently not be here, I'd be happier. Because I wouldn't have to sit here wondering for 3 hours.

But yeah, the scope here is just too big. I feel most people watching are interested in about 20% of anything shown. They need to trim down the reveals, not keep adding more.

Hokay so

The singer working with Mitsuda said the PlayStation remaster (which has since been confirmed to be Chrono Cross) would be revealed around Christmas.

The crossover with Another Eden that just came out had buried code dataminers found saying the crossover was in celebration of the Cross remaster.

All the smoke points to this game being revealed like now.

So uh... are there any other gaming shows this month? Another State of Play?

Also Space Marine II by Saber means that rumor on r/gamingleaksnadrumors that the first one is getting remastered for Switch by Saber is true. Saber are wizards, I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to bring the sequel too.

Hokay so

The singer working with Mitsuda said the PlayStation remaster (which has since been confirmed to be Chrono Cross) would be revealed around Christmas.

The crossover with Another Eden that just came out had buried code dataminers found saying the crossover was in celebration of the Cross remaster.

All the smoke points to this game being revealed like now.

So uh... are there any other gaming shows this month? Another State of Play?
Indie World baby!!!!

SE is such a small dev. Need that epic money as you can see

Nate, MVG, and Grubb pretty much nailed it; it just was bad timing for most everyone this year as far as big new reveals go. The best thing in the show was... the Elden Ring trailer? Maybe?

Happy to see Dread win, though, as well as It Takes Two giving some variety to GOTY.

That's it, then. See you guys in February!

Actually not, i'm going to stay because i like this community very much 👉👈

All right guys it's time for some completely, ludicrously wishful optimistic thinking. Clearly Chrono Cross and Silksong, among others, will be present at a surprise Nintendo Direct next week

Nate, MVG, and Grubb pretty much nailed it; it just was bad timing for most everyone this year as far as big new reveals go. The best thing in the show was... the Elden Ring trailer? Maybe?

Happy to see Dread win, though, as well as It Takes Two giving some variety to GOTY.
Chrono Cross expectation aside, I think our predictions landed well.

All right guys it's time for some completely, ludicrously wishful optimistic thinking. Clearly Chrono Cross and Silksong, among others, will be present at a surprise Nintendo Direct next week
The Direct will be anywhere between January and March, as usual. Given they actually have some games announced around them I'm betting a bit on the later side this year.

So boring outside of the excellent sonic 2 trailer

Who’s ready for the real event on the night, that’s on switch as well?

Seriously tho, should get the dlc pack 2 release date and hopefully the season pass 2 announcement/pack 3 trailer(for SRW30)

Saw a friend's improv show and got home about 20 minutes ago, been playing catch up with the thread.

Can I get y'all sum'n? A beer? Round of tequila? A bong hit? Anything to help cope?

I'll still probably put this show on in the background tomorrow, but woof even reading these comments you'd think the only highlight was Alan Wake 2 and it's still not coming to Switch

The Direct will be anywhere between January and March, as usual. Given they actually have some games announced around them I'm betting a bit on the later side this year.
There's still 22 days left in January 2021

Well it's fucking 4:20am I'm going to try to sleep. Behave yourselves, I will be livid if I wake up to a bunch of reports
Kidding. If in doubt read my sig

So boring outside of the excellent sonic 2 trailer

Who’s ready for the real event on the night, that’s on switch as well?

Seriously tho, should get the dlc pack 2 release date and hopefully the season pass 2 announcement/pack 3 trailer(for SRW30)

Aw yeah, there's the true big news event of this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom