• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Staff Communication

Please be mindful not to treat this space as a boys club, and make sure that your actions are being inclusive of women and non-binary folk. In particular, posting sexualized images makes many people uncomfortable, and is against site rules. See also @Suswave's threadmarked post.

Additionally, while joking around here is obviously encouraged, please make sure you are being respectful of other members. When multiple members have expressed discomfort over the topic at hand, and there is even a threadmarked post on the matter, continuing to joke about it can be a little inconsiderate. -blondkayvon, Donnie, hologram

my poor ST didn’t even last a day without a staff post, smh my damn head my head

It was Dusk Golem who linked them.

So what is everyone's favorite form of fried potato?
let’s find out! sweet potato latke time

err actually maybe next pay, turns out my partner and I are a little more broke than anticipated

not that potatoes are too costly, but a soup will last us longer than latkes right now!

Tater tots. A local burger dude around here cooks them on the same griddle as the burgers, so some of the burger seasoning and stuff gets on the tots and it's SO GOOD.

Can't go wrong with a good French Fry. Give it a solid outer crunch and a soft inner potato and you got yourself a winner. Lightly salted are a good go-to, but I've been loving seasoned fries. Garlic fries, truffle oil fries, cajun fries...can't get enough, especially paired with a good sauce on the side.

Can't go wrong with a good French Fry. Give it a solid outer crunch and a soft inner potato and you got yourself a winner. Lightly salted are a good go-to, but I've been loving seasoned fries. Garlic fries, truffle oil fries, cajun fries...can't get enough, especially paired with a good sauce on the side.
Hell yes to cajun seasoned fries.

Best fried potato is the tater tot, especially Cajun style.

I am sitting a bunch of sweet potato so might try some maybe I could try a latke of those. Though I prefer to bake them in the pellet grill.

260883549_6856173924400655_4327706330068883394_n.jpg

After waiting an entire month to reach my country, I finally got this bad boi, can't wait to open this up on the weekend!

Tater tots. A local burger dude around here cooks them on the same griddle as the burgers, so some of the burger seasoning and stuff gets on the tots and it's SO GOOD.
That sounds phenomenal.

I've been making a lot of regular white potato fries in the air fryer lately, it's super quick and easy. And relatively healthy. But yeah, not much beats an incredible tater tot.

Though personally I think perfectly seasoned shoestring fries come close.

Last edited:
Worked hard on this project with my dad. Tired and worn out. My foot’s back to hurting again and I had a migraine though the worst of that is gone

Why are you guys all tempting me with potato dishes when I’m on a food fast today to reset my system for 3 weeks of keto starting tomorrow?! (Trying to tone up for ski season, eliminating carbs makes the food balance easier )

I'm hitting the point of my project where every little problem is causing me to panic
hahahaha I have 18 hours to get a demo together and I've done basically nothing

I'm trying to use uefy to rig my low-poly human to the mannequin mesh but it's just the uefy metarig. Do you by any chance know the process from metarig to rig? I already weight painted, am I going to have to scrap that?

Don't even get me started on that nonsense. Greatest country in the world my butt. Not with how healthcare is handled in comparison to other 1st world countries.
I live in Australia and in 2019 I was diagnosed with a cancerous nerve sheath tumor in my leg.

I had consultations, PET/CT/MRI scans, biopsy, radiation therapy, complex surgery including a nerve and tissue graft, months of rehabilitation to learn to walk again, and followup scans ever since.

The cost? A grand total of $0. All covered by Medicare.

It horrifies me to think what might have happened if I lived in the US, especially as I'm a relatively low income earner.

I don't mean to brag, fish for sympathy, tell others how to run their country, or anything like that, but I hope for the sake of everyone who lives there that the US one day embraces universal health care. I cannot overstate its value.

I live in Australia and in 2019 I was diagnosed with a cancerous nerve sheath tumor in my leg.

I had consultations, PET/CT/MRI scans, biopsy, radiation therapy, complex surgery including a nerve and tissue graft, months of rehabilitation to learn to walk again, and followup scans ever since.

It horrifies me to think what might have happened if I lived in the US, especially as I'm a relatively low income earner.

I don't mean to brag, fish for sympathy, tell others how to run their country, or anything like that, but I hope for the sake of everyone who lives there that the US one day embraces universal health care. I cannot overstate its value.
My dad's cancer surgery and treatment resulted in a bill of $0 as well, because he's old enough to be on Medicare and has good supplemental insurance (where he buys extra insurance to cover what Medicare doesn't, which is insane). I started getting really angry about American healthcare around that time, because I saw how good it can be (my dad's $0 bills), and am sickened by the fact that if he were a few years younger the same path would have cost more than a house.

I live in a company town (that company being a corporate hospital), and people around here are very "what, you don't want us to get paid?" when it comes to concerns about healthcare affordability. But after what my dad went through, how lucky he was that it was covered, and the realization that many people aren't that lucky? Massive shift into straight anger. The for-profit system can fucking burn. The people who bitch about how they'll lose their jobs if healthcare moves to Medicare-For-All can fuckin do what they tell the rest of us to do: go back to school, learn a new trade, and stop bitching.

Rant over, sorry. 😅

I'm fortunate enough to have a very good health insurance plan so I haven't really had many big hospital bills but for some people even just giving birth can cost them 5 figures or more. It's outrageous.

I'm trying to use uefy to rig my low-poly human to the mannequin mesh but it's just the uefy metarig. Do you by any chance know the process from metarig to rig? I already weight painted, am I going to have to scrap that?
when I used metarig, the auto weight painting did a lot of the work for me. making the right first is the important part, so you know what to paint if necessary.

I used rigify, so it wasn't using UE4's bone structure but I got my character in UE4 just fine

these two tutorials helped me a lot

as and aside re: the recent feet thing,

my name is not an invitation to to solicit private discussions about feet. I haven't gotten any pms here, but yes, I've gotten numerous PMs in the previous place with people wanting to discuss feet

when I used metarig, the auto weight painting did a lot of the work for me. making the right first is the important part, so you know what to paint if necessary.

I used rigify, so it wasn't using UE4's bone structure but I got my character in UE4 just fine

these two tutorials helped me a lot

Thanks for these. I'm trying to use the mannequin's animations, so I'm using a Blender script called Uefy. I've sort of accidentally deviated from the proper process though, and basically trying to clean up my
mess. It's a low-poly character so it might animate weird but that'll have to be good enough.

Thanks for these. I'm trying to use the mannequin's animations, so I'm using a Blender script called Uefy. I've sort of accidentally deviated from the proper process though, and basically trying to clean up my
mess. It's a low-poly character so it might animate weird but that'll have to be good enough.
I tried UEify at first but I found rigify faster, as I'm on a limited amount of time and getting the animation done was something I needed to do immediately

my name is not an invitation to to solicit private discussions about feet. I haven't gotten any pms here, but yes, I've gotten numerous PMs in the previous place with people wanting to discuss feet
Jesus christ. Yeah let us know if that ever happens to you

Animating was one of the things I actually liked best about blender. Then again I wasn't doing it for a class. And I also was terrible at it (case in point: )

why not change name to I hate feet >_>, but wtf from the other place

I just had two pieces of pumpkin pie and now I'm gonna hit the elliptical. Because even something we did for fun or because we liked the idea at the time can have negative consequences, and we can take steps to cancel them out. Just like how I'll be trying to cancel out my naive contribution to today's pedal disaster, as I'm ashamed of what it grew into and the mark it left on @Suswave's beautiful ST. And then afterwards maybe I'll play a video game.

I study healthcare for a living, so yea it’s a real bummer the US has so devilishly exploited people’s health and right to live in the name of capitalism. My personal opinion is that I don’t really see anyway for healthcare to be overhauled with just how beneficial the current system is for insurers and providers. The country fucked-up decades ago and unfortunately it’s going to be extremely hard to move away from the status quo. My parents are actually undocumented citizens here in the US and there really isn’t much assistance at all they can get with health coverage. Medicare and Medicaid won’t be offered to them and they can’t get private coverage themselves. I try not to think about what will happen if something goes wrong because I have no idea how that will be handled.

I'm an Australian living in the US. Five years ago, I needed a minor medical procedure. My insurance at the time meant I would have to pay 10% of the total cost. Since I had an upcoming visit back to Australia planned, my mum looked into how much it would be in Australia, through the private system, no insurance. It would have been less than the 10% I'd have to pay here.

I did 3D rigging in college! Haven’t done it since haha

I see I missed a lot today!
Not gonna lie, stuck on the 3rd stratum in SMTV for the second day in a row is genuinely making me just wanna quit the game.
May I ask what is causing you the hangups? I assume you mean The Demon King's Castle 3rd Stratum? Some of the jumping is a little annoying but it was a pretty short section, I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom