• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this was really another 2015. I think that year also had Reggie showing up, and no announcements. The highlight was probably the Iwata tribute though.

love that best family game went to the only non-Nintendo one

Dayum even when an award is stacked in Nintendo's favor, it dont win

Oh look, Elden Ring wins most anticipated game and there just go happens to be a skit and a trailer planned for the show. What a coincidence.

It's pretty funny seeing almost the exact same games represented for every category. There's gotta be a better way to get game journalists to diversify nominees a little bit.
Won't happen unless websites in general start diversifying their coverage and stop relying less on coverage of AAA games. Right now every major site is pretty much pressured to cover the hottest AAA games with the largest marketing budgets, because if gamers are interested in those games then the coverage will swing in that direction.

yeah retrospectively it makes a lot of sense that this was a nintendo bloodbath. more and more the game awards are about massive production values, cinematic storytelling, and the bleeding edge of the western industry. nintendo has no place there anymore, even in the category where they have every nomination but one.

big yeesh from me

I fell asleep playing through a VN section of P4D and woke up to brush my teeth. Has anything actually happened? You all having fun with Sting?

I don't know what I was smoking when I came up with that skit
Perhaps you were smoking too much pot, friend?

yeah retrospectively it makes a lot of sense that this was a nintendo bloodbath. more and more the game awards are about massive production values, cinematic storytelling, and the bleeding edge of the western industry. nintendo has no place there anymore, even in the category where they have every nomination but one.

big yeesh from me
I remember ranting about this here a month ago. Does that make me an insider?

big yeesh from me
You bring up a good point. It's completely laughable that an award show doesn't have awards for non-western games developed in the global south. Every other major award show recognizes things like best foreign film.

There is major western slant to the TGA's which is another reason I'm never super interested in the show.

That and rapid fire awards are a total joke and slap in the face to game devs.

big yeesh from me
they have no place ever since they decided to go with the Wii

alright I clocked in thirty minutes early for the preshow, clocking out ten minutes early to watch a train documentary idk

Damn it.

I wasn't paying attention and saw you guys say Ganondorf and moved faster than the speed of light back to the TV.

I'm sad now :(

It Takes Two deserved Family Game but it's funny to see a non-Nintendo product win lmao

You bring up a good point. It's completely laughable that an award show doesn't have awards for non-western games developed in the global south. Every other major award show recognizes things like best foreign film.

There is major western slant to the TGA's which is another reason I'm never super interested in the show.

That and rapid fire awards are a total joke and slap in the face to game devs.
Yeah, this is very important. These awards are so western skewed which is insane because eastern games mean so much to the industry and there's a whole rising industry in the south.

I‘m amazed that I keep fooling myself. Stayed up for THIS till 5am again. Year after year. Take aside my Nintendo bias, this has still been a poor, poor show, given how much hype it got (well, obviously you gotta market your show , but jeez is it that hard to have some truth in your words?). Obviously it‘s even more disappointing to have no Nintendo announcements, but outside of that… the announcements haven‘t looked great at all either. I can probably count the games I‘m excited for after this on one hand. Oh well.

Looking forward to posting the same exact comment in a year again.

Elden Ring is day 1 for me. There were some games on this show that i'll give a look, it was ok for me as also an Xbox owner. Happy for Dread winning at least a category. As primarily a Nintendo fan, however, i'm disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom