• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo gonna tease an indie direct with a Silksong nudge nudge wink wink because it's shadow dropping or getting a release date soon?
I miss the days when the worst thing the UK PM did was call a bigoted woman a bigot without knowing his mic was still attached.
I think about that a lot lol. It was such a turning point for this nasty little island deciding that "bigot" is a slur and calling out hate is as bad as perpetuating it.

Nintendo still hasn't tweeted anything meaningful about the TGA's... So yeah, my expectations are diminishing

good morning everyone

today is the hallowed haunted day

I’m sure whatever happens I’ll have something to add to the ST!

please remember to hype responsibly and try not to devolve into chaos, even if there’s literally nothing from Nintendo and / or that interests you at the Keighleys

OK I'm gonna put all jokes and whatever aside and just genuinely say what I think is gonna happen at The Game Awards (The Keighleys) tonight, specifically Nintendo related:

I think a "Goldeneye on NSO tomorrow" announcement would make a lot of sense for this event. I think this would coincide with them finally releasing that XBLA port at the same time.

I think BOTW2 has like... 20-25% chance of being here. It probably won't be, but also I don't think the likelihood is zero.

I think there's also a non-zero chance Nintendo isn't here in any capacity other than to accept awards, though this is highly unlikely. The Keighleys went from like 2 million viewers in 2014 (where they showed BOTW gameplay for the first time) to over 80 million viewers last year. An audience of that size, especially an audience that dense with people who care enough about games to watch an awards show about them, is a marketing audience a company like Nintendo would be daft to pass up. A basically-guaranteed audience of 80 million would also be why they wouldn't have felt the need to pre-advertise that they'll be there with something to show.

Thanks to @CyberWolfJV for the heads up about this, and also the pictures!

The CD generation feature in the upcoming Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX is reworked to no longer require physical CDs (naturally, can't exactly insert a disk into your Switch after all), and instead connects to a large database of not just music CDs, but also games. PlayStation and Sega Saturn games are included (as they would've been usable with the original release), but Switch titles are as well. The interesting thing there is that it includes multiple games that haven't released yet; Advance Wars 1+2, Bayonetta 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land; but also the barely announced Detective Pikachu project, which the game calls 'Untitled Detective Pikachu sequel".

The initial reveal was unclear on what exactly the title is, but here at least the game is being deemed a sequel. The list also includes the still unlocalised Buddy Mission BOND; which, you know, I hope Nintendo get around to releasing in English sometime.
This information almost definitely came from an unofficial list that had the extra games. Possibly this TV Tropes list, which includes "Untitled Detective Pikachu sequel", "untitled Breath of the Wild sequel", Metroid Prime 4, Bayo 3, and Forgotten Land. No leaks here.

QPI0.gif
I don't expect anything. But I hope for something. There's a difference, right?

I'M CONFLICTED

If there is some event in the near future where Silksong could show up, i think the Keighleys would be the best venue. I know this isn't always the rule, but Indie Worlds should be dedicated to new game announcements. So many indie studios waiting for the chance to showcase their new games. Silksong is a pretty big thing already.

also would like to say that Gym Leader post-game rematches in BDSP fucking rule

I also finally beat Cynthia on my 14th go at the Elite Four and that entire gauntlet is very challenging and rewarding

also would like to say that Gym Leader post-game rematches in BDSP fucking rule

I also finally beat Cynthia on my 14th go at the Elite Four and that entire gauntlet is very challenging and rewarding
congrats, really, i never beat cynthia in my life and oh my god i did try

lmao that image is so tame though

Have you SEEN some of the shit on the eShop?! There’s basically hardcore pino on there
Yeah when he was talking about the alteration I was like "wait, was there no sheet in the original image or something?" and then I realized no, they're saying that image was removed. Scandalous!! 😅😅😅

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that I should probably be proud that I do not understand what this sentence means.

Note that this is not me asking for an explanation.
I don't know what it means either but.. like.. context clues. 😅

Rb98Eei.gif

i'mma drop a spicy take real quick

imo hollow knight was a 8/10 at best

actually hologram said it better:

Anyway my opinion has changed from '7.5ish out of 10' to '"maybe this game isn't for me and that's okay" out of "do I like this game"'. A lot of people really do seem to think this is one of the greatest games of all time, whereas for me the combat and general difficulty (particularly the death and map mechanics) made me lose interest, so I've come to the realization that me boiling the game down to a lower-than-usual score is just not that helpful

Last edited:
i'mma drop a spicy take real quick

imo hollow knight was a 8/10 at best
I’m sorry but I’m gonna have to respectfully
say that you’re entitled to your opinion

but also I think it’s a fuckin’ 12/10 and my favorite game of all time full stop

My friend let me borrow his copies of the Xenosaga games and I have my PS3 (the one with PS2 backwards compatibility) stored in the corner of my apartment ready to plug in to play these games. Just haven't gotten around to it. A remaster would make things a lot easier Namco.

I’m sorry but I’m gonna have to respectfully
say that you’re entitled to your opinion

but also I think it’s a fuckin’ 12/10 and my favorite game of all time full stop
you know I can totally respect this

it's like me and Yakuza 0. most people would give that game like a 8/10 or whatever but I could make a Tim Rogers style 10 hour video review explaining exactly why that game deserves AT LEAST a 15/10

you're allowed to like hollow knight

I thought it was good but not great

tbh too hard? felt like the game didn't want me to play it

Yall I'm so giddy. I have to spend the day building a crate for a return on a damaged engine part that has been a fuckin month-long argument/ordeal and has caused me a ton of stress because it's related to a project car that I've been dreaming of forever and was starting to worry I'd never get the chance to own (but I finally got one and the first thing I dealt with on it was this month-long fight with the seller of the first, most critical part I bought to repair it) but no matter how blah the day is, I'm gonna come home, pull up YouTube on my TV, and watch the return of Sonic and Chrono. I honestly don't even care what Nintendo's bringing anymore, because I'm already too damn jazzed about those. Anything other than Sonic and Chrono at this point is just a team cherry on top for me.

Today's gonna be a good day.

Yall I'm so giddy. I have to spend the day building a crate for a return on a damaged engine part that has been a fuckin month-long argument/ordeal and has caused me a ton of stress because it's related to a project car that I've been dreaming of forever and was starting to worry I'd never get the chance to own (but I finally got one and the first thing I dealt with on it was this month-long fight with the seller of the first, most critical part I bought to repair it) but no matter how blah the day is, I'm gonna come home, pull up YouTube on my TV, and watch the return of Sonic and Chrono. I honestly don't even care what Nintendo's bringing anymore, because I'm already too damn jazzed about those. Anything other than Sonic and Chrono at this point is just a team cherry on top for me.

Today's gonna be a good day.
I am genuinely extremely happy for you!

Been on a huuuge porter robinson kick with his new album Nurture. Shit is incredible from a production standpoint. It sounds as if an EDM album were stripped down and acoustic. It sounds so organic and imperfect. You even hear mouse clicking throughout as if a mic was left on while he was editing.

Anyway, if you want colorful interesting electronic production music I'm your fella. This is gonna range in genre by a lot, but the common thread is production that makes you say "how the fuck, that's amazing"

"she wanna" - KLRX (this guy is fucking tops)
"WATERGIRL" - cashmere cat
"mona lisa" - Naji
"nayhoo" - CHON (fucking tight band)

(slowing down a bit here)
"blowback" - galimatias (sex the song)
"tell your friends" - the weeknd (that fucking sample)
"woah" - eden project (nice harmonizer)

(picking it back up)
"paperchase" - brookes brothers
"beings" - madeon (just a good ass song)
"flutter" - konac (that tape warble unnnnnf)
"everlast" - exclusion (tinkly synths feel good)
"pretty girl comet" - PiNKII (the LAYERS wow)
"baby my phone" - Yameii (chirpy bubble pop)
Made a whole playlist off these reccos, so thank you fami 💜 Excellent choice for The Weeknd; honestly BBtM is my favourite album of his and 'Losers' is a song I really hope he plays live one day. This next album is gonna be TOIGHT

Epic win, we did it Reddit!

(and who says YouTube dislikes never had a positive effect?)

I want to try Hollow Knight but haven't yet because from what I hear, it's both difficult and long, which is a combination I'm not too privy to. A few years ago I was playing Bloodborne for the first time. After playing it after work for a few days, I made some progress but was still largely in the starting area. People on Era told me I was actually doing really well for a first time player and that I nearly beat a boss on my first try was big accomplishment. But I didn't have the patients to keep playing. I sometimes only have a small amount of time after work to play games and normally I'd like to see some progression. Metroid Dread felt like a long game to me despite beating it in around 15 hours because it took me nearly a month to finish it. Difficult games can be taxing on the mind so I don't think I would be able to sustain the dozens of hours needed to beat a Souls game or something like Hollow Knight.

My friend let me borrow his copies of the Xenosaga games and I have my PS3 (the one with PS2 backwards compatibility) stored in the corner of my apartment ready to plug in to play these games. Just haven't gotten around to it. A remaster would make things a lot easier Namco.
Never played it either. apparently the story is GOOD but yeah a remaster would be so cool, more Takahashi is always cool.

Made a whole playlist off these reccos, so thank you fami 💜 Excellent choice for The Weeknd; honestly BBtM is my favourite album of his and 'Losers' is a song I really hope he plays live one day. This next album is gonna be TOIGHT

Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to it too. Honestly he has not put out a bad album.

Also side note the "we did it reddit!" meme will never not be funny to me

Its origins are so morbid and it perfectly summarizes what I think about reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom