• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going all in on Voltorb being the main and only nintendo reveal of the game awards. not even a new trailer , just a photo of it .

b1cf4264ee0f3f76937d4316fbca8b1b.gif
tumblr_n5nj9yXLN11tulfa8o1_500.gifv

I traded my launch day Switch in for an OLED yesterday. Only cost me $90. Those joycons were kinda beat and the Y button was getting iffy, and now I have a brand new pair. I feel like I ripped Gamestop off lol

But anyway, this thing is really nice. Monster Hunter Rise feels like it was MADE to be played on this screen, I'm surprised by how big of an upgrade this feels like

Game Awards Predictions:

1. There will be games.
2. There will be awards.
3. Some of those games will be appreciated by some of us.
4. Some of those games will not be appreciated by some of us.
5. If Chrono Cross and BOTW 2 aren't shown, we riot.
I actually forgot about the possibility of BotW2 for a second. Jesus, that's just how hyped I am for Chrono Cross. 😳

Quick question about forum etiquette:
When the Keighleys begin and I want to gush about the goings-on, should I move that to the actual TGA ST or are we all good to hype here?

You can tell there's the potential for Nintendo news soon without anything really concrete because the thread is moving really fast.

I actually forgot about the possibility of BotW2 for a second. Jesus, that's just how hyped I am for Chrono Cross. 😳

CC Remaster is enough. I've long treated that game less like a relic from the PS1 era and more of an exploration of what gaming should be as a cultural presence. The narrative is ridiculous (and wonderful), but so much else within it (music, artistic design, the embedded gameplay routes) remain examples of what we should value in our medium.

Gaming is young--comparatively--to other traditional entertainment mediums. But CC offered me a glimpse of what it should be: bold, filled with narrative, and respectful of the player's time (partly why I love the progression system). It's not perfect as a game, but it (like Celeste) is simply great at what it attempts to be. We need more risks and creative attempts like it, and we need serious critics who have the training and time to treat it as more than simply a sequel.

Tim Rogers does this well. His work is outlandish. It's entirely too long. But it is perhaps one of the only ways forward for a medium that still has freaking review tier access for its products. Gaming is still an immature entertainment vehicle, and the longer those type of decisions and availability are normalized, the more delayed any true sense of artistic achievement and cultural presence will be for the medium.

CC started me on that path. I'm looking forward to revisiting it now and seeing it reimagined hopefully for reasons other than a nostalgic cash grab.

Nintendo did do a couple of tweets yesterday about their nominated games. I think we are overreacting on needing a reminder tweet. Though I don’t think they will have anything major but likely something.

Nintendo did do a couple of tweets yesterday about their nominated games. I think we are overreacting on needing a reminder tweet. Though I don’t think they will have anything major but likely something.
Oh yeah I do expect something from Nintendo here. Probably a third party along the lines of Bravely 2 something like that. And ads as usual.

I'm also on sale today. Interesting.

Mother 3 Remake announcement confirmed!

Also BOTW Expansion pass and Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion are on sale. This is rare, because Nintendo almost never discounts it's DLC.

I really can't understand the comparaison between Hollow knight and Metroid.
Metroid is a fast paced Metroid-like while Hollow Knight is more of a fast paced igavania to me. Don't get why we always have to compare the two, there's nothing like Metroid except maybe Axiom Verge 1.
Hollow Knight devs have been explicit about taking the game feel from Metroid. Specifically the idea of a silent, solitary protagonist in a underground complex gone to seed, collectibles that are obvious but gated behind movement puzzles (grubs instead of missile upgrades), and major secrets and areas hidden behind breakable walls. I think the Igavania aspects are parallel evolution, taking that first Metroid game and evolving it differently than the core Metroid franchise did.

The secret parent of Hollow Knight is Mega Man. The movement of the Knight is VERY Megaman, and with the various upgrades often gated behind bosses.

I sort of like that TGA being at silly o'clock in the morning here on Plague Island, combined with my persistent fatigue and a long work day, means staying up in the hopes of seeing exciting things is categorically not an option for me.

On the flipside this means that, if I have one of those nights were joint and muscle pain wake me up, I'm going to be checking my phone for news and if there's anything exciting, hoo boy you'd better believe I won't get back to sleep and will successfully trigger a bout of illness.

Sora's not getting an amiibo I guess

I'm going to flip out

I think he will. But they’re are so behind in the Amiibos (good reason). That I can see it being announced later. They’re barely getting to Min Min for a 2022 spring release

Or never cause ya know. That could happen

you're really gonna not watch, and risk missing out on the announcement trailer for the Grezzo-developed Animal Crossing (Gamecube) remake???

Wasting the premiere 2D Zelda remake house on an Animal Crossing remake is exactly what current greedy Nintendo without Iwata would do.

Just checking out those eShop deals, I like how the Warner Brothers section shows the art from DC Super Villains, but it's not on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom