• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
three 200+ page threads in a row. don't let us down january.
January can't let us down, we have unwarranted Direct hype and Legends Arceus releasing

Though granted, both of those discussions will be shunted off to different threads, most likely

January can't let us down, we have unwarranted Direct hype and Legends Arceus releasing

Though granted, both of those discussions will be shunted off to different threads, most likely
i guess that just means we have to dial up the shit posting to 11 next month...

Can't wait for the Arceus hype/leak cycle to ramp up. Those are always fun for Pokemon games

Hopefully we get news on that next week

Alright, time to bring out the big guns

What is the best 3D Mario game and why is it Super Mario Odyssey?
I think curl-6's thoughts on Odyssey sum it up best:
In everything from how it feels to control to its gameplay design it's just so tight, snappy, and elegant. The capture mechanic is an awesome way to add variety, and there's just so many golden moments, from fleeing a T Rex on a moped to the playing as Bowser himself in the finale.

It's also still one of the best looking games on Switch even 4+ years later, and at a sexy 60fps to boot.

Most of all though, it's just bursting at the seams with that imaginative magic that's unique to Nintendo and for me makes their best games so special.

A truly remarkable title, and exactly the kind of joyous escapism I so treasure from gaming.

Also Bowser's Fury is definitely a contender for best 3D Mario, but its length holds it back in my opinion. A full-length game in this style has the potential to surpass Odyssey, and by extension become the greatest video game ever created.

Someone on Reddit made this infographic of this year.

82blwiw77r881.png

three 200+ page threads in a row. don't let us down january.
Wooo!

Can't wait for the Arceus hype/leak cycle to ramp up. Those are always fun for Pokemon games

As an observer from the sidelines, you have an interesting definition of "fun". It seems like 90% of the time people are pissy about either the Dex, the graphics, the difficulty, the pacing, etc...

I had to turn off the Famiboards snow because writing my thread was lagging

RIP Famiboards snow, you will be missed

Wooo!

As an observer from the sidelines, you have an interesting definition of "fun". It seems like 90% of the time people are pissy about either the Dex, the graphics, the difficulty, the pacing, etc...

Ok perhaps "exciting" is the better term

As member #200, it fills me with joy to see us celebrating the number 200. Hooray for 200!

what do mean its about the page count and not about me
The correct answer is Bowser's Fury because it evolves the concepts further, providing a wholly enjoyable blueprint for Mario going forward, and even including substantially meaningful co-op as an option. It's an ocean breeze.

I've played neither of these games, but I am entirely correct.
You better get on that, then, because you're in for a real treat.

I’ve made a ton of gaming progress over my Xmas break. I beat Persona 5 Strikers and I finally picked Ni No Kuni 1 back up on Switch continuing my save from two years ago (I was 29 hours in, I had already beaten it on PS3 so I still know the story and such). I’m now 49 hours into NNK!

Looking forward to a great 2022 in Nintendo gaming. Let the cycle of leaks, directs, release begin.

I’ve made a ton of gaming progress over my Xmas break. I beat Persona 5 Strikers and I finally picked Ni No Kuni 1 back up on Switch continuing my save from two years ago (I was 29 hours in, I had already beaten it on PS3 so I still know the story and such). I’m now 49 hours into NNK!
I wasn't even aware it was possible to get 49 hours into NNK without giving up in despair

(Jk, but seriously did not like that game)

I wasn't even aware it was possible to get 49 hours into NNK without giving up in despair

(Jk, but seriously did not like that game)
I actually platinumed it back on PS3. It’s a slog of a JRPG but the theme and setting and amount of side content really does it for me. I even platinumed Ni No Kuni 2 on PS4 and I am eagerly awaiting my Switch replay.

@Emily do you have any sense of something Mother-related coming? I'm assuming you've seen Arlo and Nintendo Life's predictions of something like Grezzo remaking the first or all three of the games.

Cozy JRPGs are perfect for this time of year. Finally got back on the Octopath train and about to cross the 80 hour mark with 5 stories left to finish off. Couldn’t be happier right now, that game is pure 16-bit JRPG comfort food even though it’s not perfect.

Ţ̷̛͙̙̥̖͓͕̹̪̜͇̱̱̣̗̦̱͙̯͉̣̫͍̯̼̥̪̜̲̇̈̈́̎͋̅͒͒̓̈́̂͐͒̄̎̇̀̐̌͆̄̇̿̅͊̈́̈͝ͅW̸̧̨͉̖̳͔̰͚͉͕̮̯͈͂̈́̅͊̔͝O̸̧̧̡̬̩͈̯̯̻͎͍̳̞͓̫̟̰̬̎̓̃͆́̀̃̈̅̈́̌̒͂͆̓͒͑̏͒̇́̚̕͠ͅ ̶̛̫̝̑̽̇͒̉̒̓̌̄̑̎̇̎̓̒͆͐̽̄̉͂́͆̒͘͘̚͠͝H̸̡̨̛̛͕̠̼̼̰̼̺̩̝̺͇̫̠̫̞͓͚͔͍̱͆͌͋̉͒̋̎͊̎̄̎̌͊͌͛̑̔Ư̵̡͖̳͎̘͔̼͔̼̣̣̠̘̲͍̹͊̾͗̈́͆́̇̓̍̎̀͛̅̍́̃͋̍̿̆̏͘̚̚̚͝N̸̢̺̞̖̤͙̼̪̣͚̬͇̻̲̦̖̼̙͝ͅD̴̤̻̥̲̺̦̳̫̻̣̾́̑͌̐Ŗ̶̠̘̹̯̙̠̲̊͒͛͛͝Ȩ̶̨̢̭̮͈̼̣̦͈̯̼̙͙͖̉͛̈̌̑̽͆̐̊͑̿́̌̍̉̀͋̐͊́̄͗̽̎̅̀̌̕̕D̷̨̢̢͈͈͈̣̭̬͍͕͔̣̳̠̳̤̠̉̎̓̾̓̈͛̾͊̐͋̔̍̍̔̓̄̀́͘̚͠
DTMkWfMV4AA07Wd.jpg

Come on yall, the last few hours of @Suswave's ST need to be fuckin 𝔀𝓮𝓲𝓻𝓭

I'm weird.

I swear.

I once had 999 extra lives in Super Mario World.

You know that place in the first level where you can get extra lives by pushing the coop shell over all the enemies and (shoes, I have to look straight to write this) then run to the left to make it so that the shell crashes at as many enemies a possible? I did that. I was bored.

EDIT: to the right. you run to the right. Sheesh, Irene.

Last edited:
I'm weird.

I swear.

I once had 999 extra lives in Super Mario World.

You know that place in the first level where you can get extra lives by pushing the coop shell over all the enemies and (shoes, I have to look straight to write this) then run to the left to make it so that the shell crashes at as many enemies a possible? I did that. I was bored.
giphy.gif

Was looking back at my Google Calendar yesterday and went "boy, DuckTales and Carmen Sandiego really did end this year, didn't they?".

So my bearing packer wasn't really working today, and I ended up packing all the wheel bearings on my trailer by hand. Literally scooping up two-finger scoops of bearing grease and forcing it into the bearings, spinning, repeating (this is why I was quiet for a while this afternoon). I've since washed my hands a bunch but I can't help but feel like my skin is now.. I guess, moisturized? Feels kinda luxurious, actually.

So anyone with dry skin issues, instead of spending a bunch of money on fancy creams and lotions, try running down to AutoZone and picking up a small tub of bearing grease. The amber-colored stuff. 9/10, would recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom