• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Indieworld stream was okay, didn't wow me enough though. Was hoping for a little more kick, more spice.
Rewatch the TGA trailers if you some spice 😉
YzHGwwK.gif

The United States have a bigger population than Germany, Italy, and France combined. How come they have won zero football world cups, smh my head.
Every country outside of the United States combined has a much larger population than the United States. How come only the United States has ever won the World Series?

Every country outside of the United States combined has a much larger population than the United States. How come only the United States has ever won the World Series?
lies-deception.gif

Edit: Actually, let me revise my choice of gif.

princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.gif

Last edited:
All I'm going to say is I not voting for shit next time and I better not hear a single white liberal try to fearmonger or guilt-trip me or anyone else. This country and its parties are so corrupted and broken that we have to choose between conservative, bigoted fascists or lying, apathetic sycophants.

I feel you, but I’m still going out and voting for whoever gotta win to defeat the fascists.

PS: watch Julian Assange get extradited and die in prison under the Biden administration, that’s gonna be a great look. The empire don’t give a fuck about left and right.

I was seasonally compelled to rewatch the Clickhole classic “Christ Cometh To My House And Eats All Of My Food”

…which led me to another Clickhole video called “Rabbis Explain the Story of Passover”

…and you know what? maybe everyone’s game with the horseperson is a Passover video game adaptation by Clickhole

I’m just saying, there’s a horseperson in it, everybody’s there (kind of!), and though it’s not a sequel, it COULD be considered a PREQUEL to Sukkot… in a way…

Did Nintendo ever confirm Advance Wars Reboot Camp as being April 8th 2022? UK eShop still lists that as the launch date.

I feel you, but I’m still going out and voting for whoever gotta win to defeat the fascists.

PS: watch Julian Assange get extradited and die in prison under the Biden administration, that’s gonna be a great look. The empire don’t give a fuck about left and right.
the thing about electing officials to defeat a fascist system when they support and profit off of the fascist system is… well, you know

the thing is that there’s only so much feigned outrage and saying “we have to do better” can do when the people in question continue the same things, sometimes even worse

don’t get me wrong I understand the delicate balance, and sometimes people do change shit that can actually help real people day-to-day

but I’m really sick of the pattern of white people especially relaxing and acting like it’s all “back to normal” once a liberal party leader gets elected, when behind the scenes many things are as bad or worse. It means those people stop fighting and stop trying to hold anyone accountable, while marginalized people suffer the continued consequences and get told by white people “BUT IT’S ALL BETTER NOW, SO IT MUST BE A YOU PROBLEM”

broken systems need much much more than elections to be salvaged, if they can be salvaged. but if you wanna talk about deep rot… reforming something built entirely on slavery and the individual über alles is bound to the residuals of those things.

just as white Canada is bound to the residuals of coming to First Nations for massive profit, literally starting as a company, missionary ideals, a French-British rivalry microcosm, and the racism and genocidal ideals of Europe (and especially England).

just as white England is bound to an ill-gotten sense of racial superiority, foundational racism and genocidal ideals for global profit, everything hairy about monarchy and Catholicism, empire complex coupled with being the little island that could take over the world so they don’t NEED anybody’s help unless they take it for themselves!!, and the blunt force of believing that they ARE civilization and everything else is unfit and inferior and must be forced into the mold.

(England gets a long one because that DNA runs through both Canada and the US, plus Australia and several other places)

sorry for the rant. just a lot of echoes lately. also bell hooks died yesterday, and omicron is looking worse (up to 4.4 RT in Ontario baybeeee), and my partner and I are going into extra lockdown since Ontario / Ford don’t seem willing to implement more meaningful restrictions, and the booster availability (while technically good) really did fuck up my partner’s priority access in a big way and now they can’t get it for even longer because they shifted the supply from the immunocompromised waitlist to general public.

yeehaw!

It’s either preparation for new games or new features. And considering the only options on the latter would be multi tap or border options I’m leaning towards the former
there is a chance that it’s just…

maintenance…

Yesterday's shitpost thread getting 2000 plus views is all the vindication I need to keep me going through this current chronic fatigue flare up.

It’s either preparation for new games or new features. And considering the only options on the latter would be multi tap or border options I’m leaning towards the former
it is probably definitely new games

I really hope that they at least consider adding Sega CD games to the service. I'd love a way to play the only English version of Snatcher in an official capacity.

it is probably definitely new games

I really hope that they at least consider adding Sega CD games to the service. I'd love a way to play the only English version of Snatcher in an official capacity.
I mean I think so too, just covering my bases XD I’d say it points to an update most likely this month or next. But we’ll probably find out soon. Only lingering question is do they announce some nes/Snes games(probably today going off previous timing

Sega CD and 32X both teeeechnically fall under "Genesis," so it would actually kinda rock to bring some of them in as well.

Only lingering question is do they announce some nes/Snes games(probably today going off previous timing
Speaking of Nintendo announcing NSO stuff, I've been wondering: going forward do we think Nintendo or Sega will take point on announcing new games for Genesis NSO? I mean, it kinda makes sense that Nintendo would (as it's their service) but it strikes me odd to think of Nintendo announcing Sega games for a Genesis service. 🤔

Sega CD and 32X both teeeechnically fall under "Genesis," so it would actually kinda rock to bring some of them in as well.
I get that Sega CD games are big in filesize, but also: I don't care! I'd happily give up 800MB of my 512 GB Micro SD card to play Snatcher

But also: I feel like for big filesize games (Sega CD, inevitably Gamecube) it'd be pretty easy to come up with a game management system where you can download the games you want to play individually.

But also: I feel like for big filesize games (Sega CD, inevitably Gamecube) it'd be pretty easy to come up with a game management system where you can download the games you want to play individually.
That was always where my mind would go when people would talk about the "NSO revamp" @Thugstas brought up.

NSO Mega Drive update could well be on the cards, then. Be funny if there's then a NES/SNES addition next week.

I feel kinda bad for Nintendo re:NSO because obviously third parties would rather sell their old games themselves, and Nintendo’s first party libraries are basically already on there, so all they’ve got left is like… whatever weird third party stuff they can get. Which isn’t much. But every time they do update it, they get a bunch of people who don’t understand how unwilling Square Enix is to play ball demanding Super Mario RPG.

I think at this point, it’d be cool for them to maybe get into like, Satellaview stuff.

Speaking of Nintendo announcing NSO stuff, I've been wondering: going forward do we think Nintendo or Sega will take point on announcing new games for Genesis NSO? I mean, it kinda makes sense that Nintendo would (as it's their service) but it strikes me odd to think of Nintendo announcing Sega games for a Genesis service. 🤔
It does seem to have separate standing in its licensing rules, it’s not grouped with the other 3 in the NSO stuff, it’s being developed by M2 and it having a separate announcement clause for updates wouldnt surprise me

I feel kinda bad for Nintendo re:NSO because obviously third parties would rather sell their old games themselves, and Nintendo’s first party libraries are basically already on there, so all they’ve got left is like… whatever weird third party stuff they can get. Which isn’t much. But every time they do update it, they get a bunch of people who don’t understand how unwilling Square Enix is to play ball demanding Super Mario RPG.

I think at this point, it’d be cool for them to maybe get into like, Satellaview stuff.
Yep, I'm completely willing to accept the limited third-party situation, but I think Nintendo themselves could offer more and reach for some obscure picks to add more value to the service and make it more exciting.

And also F Zero X asap.

The United States have a bigger population than Germany, Italy, and France combined. How come they have won zero football world cups, smh my head.
The United States have won a football world cup. In fact, they've won 4 of 8 women's world cups.

This reminds of a fivethirtyeight article. These researchers had used broadcast tracking technology to recreate entire football matches where teams were anonymized so you couldn't see what players looked like. The impetus for this work was to get hard data on the racism in commentary (i.e. Black players are always called "athletic", "powerful", etc instead of "tactical", "intelligent" etc), but they also investigated women's soccer. The NWSL in America is the top-flight women's soccer league, yet the players are paid on average about a quarter of the fourth-tier men's League Two in the UK, despite drawing more viewers to matches. The study showed that people tend to think that the men's matches were higher quality... but only if they could see who was playing. In the anonymized version, the women's matches were perceived to be higher quality.

This is only tangentially related lol but I saw it recently and thought it was interesting!

Yep, I'm completely willing to accept the limited third-party situation, but I think Nintendo themselves could offer more and reach for some obscure picks to add more value to the service and make it more exciting.

And also F Zero X asap.
I wonder, with regards to N64, if the plan was always one game a month, or if the very sudden announcement/release of fan-favourite Paper Mario and the announcement of next month's long-requested Banjo-Kazooie were an attempt at getting LITERALLY EVERY NSO related headline away from "Wow the emulation here is ROUGH"

Like obviously this is anecdotal, but I'm pretty sure everybody I've seen that even remotely knows what Nintendo Switch Online Plus Expansion Pack is knows that the emulation is rough. And almost every related headline since release has been about that. So maybe them releasing these games so quickly (let's be real, at this pace they'll be out of good N64 games in a year) is a way to maybe paper-over the negative headlines until they can get the emulation fixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom