• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This shocking revelation occurred about sixteen pages ago in this very thread. Horror subsided to disbelief, disbelief gave way to denial, and denial eventually caved in to acceptance. It was a wild ride.

Of course, if Raccoon hadn't slipped up, he could have sat back and seen everything said about him unfiltered. I'm not sure whether the confusion upon the revelation or the plentiful discussions that could have been had otherwise is preferable, but what we did get was intense.
the fact that everyone hates the account merely means that the performance was a success. I have no need for further feedback. I only care about my art

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Has anyone played Warframe on Switch in handheld mode preferably ?
Don't know if the last updated is running well and I don't want to waste time in it if it runs poorly in the end
Warframe is one of those games on Switch that have benefitted from constant updates over time.

It now looks sharper and performs better than a lot of big "AAA graphics" Switch games out there. And yes, I've played it both dock and handheld.

I managed to hold a 4 player multiplayer session while in a waiting room back in the day. The latest updates have made it pretty solid in terms of performance.

Oh man, the GBA port of Super Mario Bros. 3 looks freaking great on Wii U. Looks better than the SNES All-stars version docked/in TV mode. And all those e-reader levels... I really hope they don't get lost to time as the Virtual Console winds down.

Random ramblings, but while I know they're not for everyone, as someone who doesn't own a PS4/Xbone/powerful PC, I really love and appreciate that the Switch has gotten so many "impossible" ports of games like Witcher 3, Hellblade, Doom 2016/Eternal, Wolfenstein II, etc.

It's meant I haven't had to spent several hundred dollars on an additional system just to play most of the third party games of recent years that appeal to me.

Oh man, the GBA port of Super Mario Bros. 3 looks freaking great on Wii U. Looks better than the SNES All-stars version docked/in TV mode. And all those e-reader levels... I really hope they don't get lost to time as the Virtual Console winds down.

Thank you for the reminder that I still need to grab that. I remember trying desperately to "pirate" the Japanese levels using my printer at the time with no luck.

If they carry the game to newer systems I would absolutely love for them to implement some method to swipe the other cards. The different switch cards for tweaking the gameplay outside of World-e was a nifty idea.

(Also give us a build Mario vs. Donkey Kong with the e-Reader levels that were made for some Japanese contest)

Celeste level 9 is just diabolical. I've reached the mid point and I'm not sure I have the will to go on... Chaining wavedashes might be where I'm drawing the line.

Random ramblings, but while I know they're not for everyone, as someone who doesn't own a PS4/Xbone/powerful PC, I really love and appreciate that the Switch has gotten so many "impossible" ports of games like Witcher 3, Hellblade, Doom 2016/Eternal, Wolfenstein II, etc.

It's meant I haven't had to spent several hundred dollars on an additional system just to play most of the third party games of recent years that appeal to me.
yeah I've underplayed them in the past but getting the big names is really really cool

I still want to pick up skyrim at some point, maybe the witcher

Speaking of patents, at the same day the BotW stuff became public, a Mario Golf one was published too, dunno if this was already addressed XD

Probably about Super Rush but I didn't play it :p
It describes the gameplay feature of messing with opponents via shots or while the character is running to get to the ball

Link for the curious
!!!!!!!!!!
Mii Sports Confirmed
with SHENANIGANS

Celeste level 9 is just diabolical. I've reached the mid point and I'm not sure I have the will to go on... Chaining wavedashes might be where I'm drawing the line.
I feel that. It took me like an hour just to make it a third of the way through that level and at that point I just gave up. The fact that that I made it that far at all is nothing short of a miracle.

Okay gang, I've narrowed it down to two potential start dates for the Direct thread. I haven't actually cleared them with staff yet, but I figure I'll ask for clearance to start early only if you are interested in it. Technically we could get a Direct in early January, so I see the appeal of starting in December. Here are the two dates (drumroll please):

Monday, December 27, 2021 at 12:00 PM eastern

or...

Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 12:00 AM eastern

Below is a strawpoll to give your opinion on the matter. @Suswave, I hate to already be asking for help on this, but I would appreciate a threadmark.

oh I’d love to help! but since this is broken, I’ll see if I can change the poll

Fam

I just now realized, after more than 20 years since Gold and Silver came out, that “Girafarig” is the same forwards and backwards.

I voted for January 1st on that poll, but it swallowed my vote. I'm concerned there might be voter fraud, so I'm going to hold a press conference in front of a landscaping company.

I can delete the poll if you like, but do you want to wait for a bit after it closes so people can see the final results?
I don’t think it’s been update in a while, since it was a pre-Game Awards fake guess. I just put the closing in there because I thought if I forced it to close I could make a new one, lol.

My hope for the next Nintendo direct is that we start with a new Fire Emblem, have an announcement for Buddy Mission Bond's localization, more RPG's and Japanese games shown off including Bayonetta 3 and then finish with a new Xenoblade. Make the direct as weebish as possible (No Mario or Zelda)

Then I click Twitter.com :)

I feel that. It took me like an hour just to make it a third of the way through that level and at that point I just gave up. The fact that that I made it that far at all is nothing short of a miracle.
I also feel that. As much as I love Celeste, and as far as I've gotten through Chapter 9...I could never do it. I'm sure I'm, like, 5 or 6 rooms away from the end. But I just couldn't make it.

And that's okay.

My hope for the next Nintendo direct is that we start with a new Fire Emblem, have an announcement for Buddy Mission Bond's localization, more RPG's and Japanese games shown off including Bayonetta 3 and then finish with a new Xenoblade. Make the direct as weebish as possible (No Mario or Zelda)

Then I click Twitter.com :)
n-no... no funny wahoo man? no bing bong yippee ahothothothot letsago funny guyy? so ssad

I also feel that. As much as I love Celeste, and as far as I've gotten through Chapter 9...I could never do it. I'm sure I'm, like, 5 or 6 rooms away from the end. But I just couldn't make it.

And that's okay.
True. Soul-crushing difficulty aside, Celeste is still an awesome game, and I’m more than satisfied with my time spent with it.

Also the developers have been posting updates on their next project and it looks intriguing so far:

You know, despite me personally thinking it was a below average presentation today, I do truly appreciate Nintendo committing whole-heartedly to an indie game focused showcase. It's great to see them support developers like this and seeing developers getting excited to be a part of a sort of "Nintendo Direct" type video. They're great

True. Soul-crushing difficulty aside, Celeste is still an awesome game, and I’m more than satisfied with my time spent with it.

Also the developers have been posting updates on their next project and it looks intriguing so far:

Celeste has won enough good from me will that I will purchase Earthblade day one without much question. Can't wait for it.

New Fantasy Critic League coming up I need some insider knowledge about BotW 2's chances of making 2022. Please and thank you.

I unironically want a new Sonic Riders. really, I'm just surprised there haven't been more hoverboarding games. that and roller blading games like Jet Grind Radio

Anyone remember that kid back on Era or GAF who was drawing these weird Animal Crossing comics that, while not overtly lewd, were hella suggestive? Like, how Isabelle arrived at the villager’s home during a storm and she was soaking wet and so the villager helped her out of her clothes and into his bed and all the while winking at the audience? I remember thinking to myself “gosh this is heading there isn’t it?” It was the weirdest fking shit.

Astroneer seems promising to me but I think it has been mildly received by the critics when it released on Pc and Xbox.

Didn't see this posted and couldn't find it when I searched the site: Redout 2 announced for Switch, for those in search of an anti-grav racer fix

First one was ok but far too easy for my tastes. And super blurry/low res on Switch. Hopefully Saber helping those Italian devs out brings us a native res port this time.

nintendo should start the direct by announcing Fighters Pass Three.

First new fighter??

George Costanza
Is this an allegory for Frogger? If it is, I'm behind this idea. Frogger is a gaming icon and deservers to be in smash. If only I had an old school cabinet of Frogger... I'd carry it home alone.

Didn't see this posted and couldn't find it when I searched the site: Redout 2 announced for Switch, for those in search of an anti-grav racer fix

This just makes me think that I really should get back to Fast RMX

Have yall seen the trailer for "Everything Everywhere All At Once?"

IT HAS A SINGING RACCOON

Combining this with the Dems not going through with the BBB (Most likely) and I can see why a few American friends of mine want the hell out of there. Was even telling them that up here in Canada, while you'll still need to pay back your loan, interest has been halted until Spring 2023 (And you have something like the RAP to assist with payments)

Its such a terrible thing to see :/

Just catching up on Indie World, and it was okay! Not my favorite by any means, but it had a few things I'm interested in.

Honestly Sea of Stars made the whole show, that game looks phenomenal, holy hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom