• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Combining this with the Dems not going through with the BBB (Most likely) and I can see why a few American friends of mine want the hell out of there. Was even telling them that up here in Canada, while you'll still need to pay back your loan, interest has been halted until Spring 2023 (And you have something like the RAP to assist with payments)

Its such a terrible thing to see :/
All I'm going to say is I not voting for shit next time and I better not hear a single white liberal try to fearmonger or guilt-trip me or anyone else. This country and its parties are so corrupted and broken that we have to choose between conservative, bigoted fascists or lying, apathetic sycophants.

All I'm going to say is I not voting for shit next time and I better not hear a single white liberal try to fearmonger or guilt-trip me or anyone else. This country and its parties are so corrupted and broken that we have to choose between conservative, bigoted fascists or lying, apathetic sycophants.
As someone on the outside looking in, I can't fully blame you really. Yes, voting is important, especially for someone (Going by your words) who is most likely involved in political discourse, but your country really has only two parties that actually matter and they're both awful.

One's worse than the other of course, but I can't blame someone for feeling like you when your options is poison or eaten by sharks.

just beat Death's Door, amazing game. The final boss was kinda hard, took me around 2hs to kill it (all the stages).

usar-2.jpg

Combining this with the Dems not going through with the BBB (Most likely) and I can see why a few American friends of mine want the hell out of there. Was even telling them that up here in Canada, while you'll still need to pay back your loan, interest has been halted until Spring 2023 (And you have something like the RAP to assist with payments)

Its such a terrible thing to see :/
Thank goodness I am in a public sector forgiveness program. Getting public health degrees is not cheap and the job prospects aren’t really what I would consider high salary unless you get lucky (and you live in a state that doesn’t have citizens that want to assault you/politicians that think you are the enemy). At least they reworked the program so some of us can get extra qualifying payments that weren’t counted because you have to be in very specific repayment plans. Still way too much work for most to navigate.

Had to wait until after 10pm due to work to watch the Indie World presentation and I ready enjoyed it. Sea of Stars looks fan-bloody-tastic. Ditto Afterlove EP. It was also my first time seeing Chicory and Omori. Lots to look forward to in 2022.

I think we can safely say high profile indies like Silksong and Sports Story won't be making an appearance in these videos and I'm OK with that if it is giving a platform to the likes of Loco Motive and Endling. We know they are coming (well, we hope Sports Story is still coming and not stuck in development hell), so it is nice to see so many games that will find a perfect home on Switch.

I watched RGT85's reaction. I'm in complete disagreement with him. So I was happy for YouTube to recommend Zion from NL next. His take is refreshing:

Dude I fucking cannot stand RGT85

His youtube face is extremely punchable

"Did not leave an impression"

I would say it left a pretty negative impression, or positive if it meant a good opportunity to cash in on some controversy

Has anyone played Warframe on Switch in handheld mode preferably ?
Don't know if the last updated is running well and I don't want to waste time in it if it runs poorly in the end
Tbh it looks so impressive to mi in portable mode that it looks like a 60FPS game. And my internet is shitty.

Warframe is one of those games on Switch that have benefitted from constant updates over time.

It now looks sharper and performs better than a lot of big "AAA graphics" Switch games out there. And yes, I've played it both dock and handheld.

I managed to hold a 4 player multiplayer session while in a waiting room back in the day. The latest updates have made it pretty solid in terms of performance.
I downloaded it just because it's free and I wanted to know how a "next gen" game would look on the Switch. While docked it didn't impress me very much, portably it just made me go nuts. It's stunning. Except some aliasing and lower resolutions, everything looks great.

Problem is I'm a noob playing lol.

Random ramblings, but while I know they're not for everyone, as someone who doesn't own a PS4/Xbone/powerful PC, I really love and appreciate that the Switch has gotten so many "impossible" ports of games like Witcher 3, Hellblade, Doom 2016/Eternal, Wolfenstein II, etc.

It's meant I haven't had to spent several hundred dollars on an additional system just to play most of the third party games of recent years that appeal to me.
I'm of the same gang!! I just love to know that a game is coming to Switch so I'll be able to play it too.
I haven't bought any yet, because I still have to pay like 1/3 of my Switch and it already had a lot of games, but I did download Warframe, Rogue Company and Fortnite just to see how they looked. Ended up I got a bit interested in the games. My brother spent some time playing Rogue Company and got mind blown that a game with those graphics can be played on handheld.

That’s gotta be a when not an if, at least in my mind. I’m definitely waiting for a port before playing because I feel like it’s inevitable.
I mean, in 2018 Jonathan Blow has said that the team was a bit burned out and was looking to work on something else. I don't think that a port is impossible but the game came in 2016 and I think the team is full on their third game.

Dude I fucking cannot stand RGT85

His youtube face is extremely punchable

"Did not leave an impression"

I would say it left a pretty negative impression, or positive if it meant a good opportunity to cash in on some controversy
Look at it this way. He made a bet with his community if Metroid dread sells 3mil units. He has to play the entirety of balan wonderland and stream it 🤣

Didn't see this posted and couldn't find it when I searched the site: Redout 2 announced for Switch, for those in search of an anti-grav racer fix

The first one didn't exactly perform well on Switch. I have zero hope this one will turn out any better.

Thanks to Mondo in the Persona thread. It appears that the site (hasn't gone live) has a midnight collection which includes both Arena and P4 Golden for PS4 and Switch.

I don't want to get my hopes up but it could easily be a bug or mistake.
Wouldn't it be nice…

Watch it being something daft like getting a Steam code for P4G with your Switch/PS4 purchase of P4AU, lmao.

Wouldn't it be nice…

Watch it being something daft like getting a Steam code for P4G with your Switch/PS4 purchase of P4AU, lmao.
Would Nintendo ever remotely allow something like that? I know they can give you codes to redeem on other websites when you do a purchase. Fuga did that for example if you bought the deluxe/collector’s edition to redeem the soundtrack. I’m like 95% certain giving a game away on an another platform would never happen.

I have seen the Spider-Man. Ask me anything. (Via DM because we have no Spoiler thread and i'm to lazy to make one)

But i missed the Indie World due to that.

Catching up. Personally, it was a weaker one, but i think i keep an eye on Omori and of course Sea of Stars and River City Girls 2.

I was debating sharing it here, but this is the Persona thread if you want to go in and debate. Started off as a still running poll about if mainline Persona will come to Switch or not. The latest development is definitely super interesting though not definitive so plenty of room to believe or doubt still!

Would Nintendo ever remotely allow something like that? I know they can give you codes to redeem on other websites when you do a purchase. Fuga did that for example if you bought the deluxe/collector’s edition to redeem the soundtrack. I’m like 95% certain giving a game away on an another platform would never happen.
The /s is silent.

If Nintendo named the NSO update 'Expansion Pack', which is surely an N64 reference, then they can afford to name any performance boost the Dane provides to Switch titles as 'Boost Power'. Every time you switch on the Dane you hear the classic You got BOOST POWER.
This would be so great unironically. The Switch (as the other consoles) really lack some kind of sound design around the menus and shops

Truth. The weird thing was that trying to find a place locally was obnoxious due to everything being largely pharmacy based now in eastern MA. Was expecting more people at the site yesterday but it was just myself.

Also, while I was getting my booster some rando came into the pharmacy to inquire about getting the first dose for himself and his wife 🤯

Last edited:
Truth. The weird thing was that trying to find a place locally was obnoxious due to everything being largely pharmacy based now in eastern MA. Was expecting more people at the site yesterday but it was just myself.

Also, while I was getting my booster some rando came into the pharmacy to inquire about getting the first dose for himself and his wife 🤯

I think we (Switzerland) have more vaccination sites than we did in for the first and second shots but the sites themselves are smaller so my perspective could be completely skewed. We'll hopefully know in a month or so how well we're doing.

I had to wait in a brief line for my booster.

Wasn't anywhere near as crazy as the main shots but that was back in February when that was only happening in like 5 locations in my state, whereas now you can go to any of like 5000 locations in any state.

Should be getting my booster next week, if all goes well. Just waiting for my confirmation.

I went to a much smaller site for my booster job (local stadium for my first two) but it was busy and very efficiently ran. I was there for 30 minutes, including a 15 minute wait to see if any immediate side effects emerged.

Such a shame the NHS has been starved of resources and mismanaged over time because, when it comes to the fore for a programme like this, it does an excellent job. That being said, my jab happened the day before our mop of a PM announced the health service would deliver 1 million jabs a day... without telling the health service before hand. Seems things have been more chaotic since, but that does at least suggest a high proportion of the population are coming forward for jabs.

I managed to get my initial vaccine early (when it was supposed to only be 65 and older) because so few people in my area wanted to get vaxxed that my local pharmacy's stock was going to expire. So they put out the word that they'd jab anyone who wanted it, just so the doses wouldn't go to waste. Maybe 9 or 10 people in line in front of me that night. Then the boosters were like no wait at all. Convenient for me! But also rather worrisome. 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom