• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
eJ17xLl.webp
toilet paper zelda is trash anyway

"you see, it's the thing you just bought, but 500 dollars and slightly better! exclusive games? eventually! please buy it now."
I'm honestly impressed at the lengths you go to undersell this thing

I'm honestly impressed at the lengths you go to undersell this thing
I'm surprised that you and others think it will be anything more than a hyperenthusiast product day one

after a year it'll be successful sure, but initially it'll be just for us

Team Cherry announced it themselves on valentines day 2019 - a day after a Nintendo direct (the best one ever IMO) Had Silksong been featured in that direct it would have killed me, I think :D

I'd think there's a better than 0 chance that Silksong would get dated or shadowdropped in a Indieshowcase - if it's release is imminent.
There's been quite few big games revealed via indie showcases
This is true, but silksong wouldn't be a reveal, and indie showcases usually don't showcase games that have already been revealed. Also... Silksong is a big deal. I feel like it'd belong in a direct.

Yes.

I actually find the Indie Worlds to be the best presentation for all the companies. Seeing the devs get to present their games and even in their native language is always great. Glad Nintendo went that route recently.

Now please make Slay the Spire 2 one day lol

I am so sad that Slay the Spire modding never really took off on PC. And Monster Train seems to be following suit :(

Indie Worlds are always welcome especially since we need updates for Silksong and Sports Story but I'm always looking forward to surprises.

Yes to both of those, but I'm craving an update on UFO 50 (https://50games.fun/) which I don't think was in consideration for Switch when it was first announced. And Switch would be absolutely PERFECT for it.

also just ordered myself a gba everdrive as a little xmas gift to myself - gonna be a good week!

Enjoy the Everdrive! I got one a couple months ago and it's really easy to setup and get working. Had the Mother 3 fan translation up and running on my Game Boy Player in about 15 minutes. Tried to snag the SNES one during the holiday sale but screwed up and my order never went through so I missed out on the sale price :(

The underpoweredness of the current switch vs the demand for the current switch makes me not envious of the people at Nintendo who have to figure out how to market whatever the hell “Dane” is

I still wouldn't be surprised if the OLED model didn't include a spec bump simply because of shortages of necessary parts. I also think we're going to be lucky if we see a spec bump before 2023 but 🤷‍♂️

Version 36...? Wow lol
Wasn't it in testing for ages?

One of the update notes is less network usage which thank goodness. It complains an awful lot for me that it can't reach the network.

Last edited:
Can not wait for late January/early February to find out how Dread did sales wise. It is my GotY regardless, but I really hope the series finally sees the financial success it deserves. Mainly because I want new Metroid games more frequently.

Can not wait for late January/early February to find out how Dread did sales wise. It is my GotY regardless, but I really hope the series finally sees the financial success it deserves. Mainly because I want new Metroid games more frequently.
February 3rd is the date of the earnings report.

Dane discussion gets kinda annoying because on one hand it gets brought up in almost any discussion about third party or even first party software, so the tech and lifespan talk becomes more dominant. On the other hand, you get people who are so against the idea of a new enhanced model that people will constantly downplay it and dismiss, if not outright, act vitriol towards actual, credible sources

Come on Nintendo where the hell is my black PS5?
apparently literally just dropped

or wait are we trying to get black joy-con? because I support but also wait a minute I

I’m maybe too morning for yes

Dane discussion gets kinda annoying because on one hand it gets brought up in almost any discussion about third party or even first party software, so the tech and lifespan talk becomes more dominant. On the other hand, you get people who are so against the idea of a new enhanced model that people will constantly downplay it and dismiss, if not outright, act vitriol towards actual, credible sources
I wasn't against the idea of an enhanced model the last two times credible sources said it was happening

So does anyone actually believe that Sonic Frontiers is coming to Switch in 2022? I call bullshit lol. I doubt the game comes unless it's in Cloud form, personally.
I think if the Switch's here to stay some publishers really need to start doing again Switch versions of the AAA games they publish elsewhere, like it was the norm during the Wii era. It gave us some pretty great games

Oh my Hylia 🤣 didn't even know.
The timing on that good grief
apparently they’re also dropping some other very Hyper Light Drifter colors and matching controllers??

oh I guess they’re official faceplates that you maybe have to buy separately??

wild. but at least feasible! ish!

Only 55$ on top of your PS5 purchase! Getting pretty close to the good old 599$ at this point.
Plus the cost of a black controller 🤣 I wonder how long they'll leave the faceplates in the wild before they just make all black/etc bundles

apparently they’re also dropping some other very Hyper Light Drifter colors and matching controllers??

oh I guess they’re official faceplates that you maybe have to buy separately??

wild. but at least feasible! ish!
The purple does look rather "cash money" as the kids say

This is true, but silksong wouldn't be a reveal, and indie showcases usually don't showcase games that have already been revealed. Also... Silksong is a big deal. I feel like it'd belong in a direct.

Previous showcase had Axiom Verge 2, Eastward, Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon with the release dates even if they were previously announced. I dont think that's something to rely on anymore.

There's plenty of big deal games showcased in indie shows, even bigger than Silksong so "big deal" is also not something that excludes games from being in indie showcases.

With that said, I am not expecting it to be shown at the upcoming indie showcase - rather just saying it's bigger than 0% chance it actually happens :)

Plus the cost of a black controller 🤣 I wonder how long they'll leave the faceplates in the wild before they just make all black/etc bundles

The purple does look rather "cash money" as the kids sat
it’s very “royal” purple, which usually just instills me with regicide

which is NOT a spray you use for an infestation of Reggies!

if you have a Bowser infestation, call a plumber

I absolutely despise the look of the stock white version so that would get me a lot more interested in one. Won’t help the curvy design which I think is trying too hard but hopefully that gets reworked when the slim model inevitably happens.

Still not interested in a next gen system since the truly next gen software isn’t even remotely quite there yet, so I can wait until they start shipping an all black SKU. I don’t want to reward them for putting out a hideous console by giving them even more money for extra accessories in order to only somewhat fix the uglyness.

it’s very “royal” purple, which usually just instills me with regicide

which is NOT a spray you use for an infestation of Reggies!

if you have a Bowser infestation, call a plumber
As an Aboriginal Australian who lives in England I am quite familiar with regicidal intent, but damn if I don't enjoy a purple xD

i'm happy with my ps4. it plays netflix, hbo max and disney plus just fine. don't need a ps5. especially because i've owned all the stationary playstation family. and they all are the flimsiest consoles i've ever had, i'm gonna wait the ps5 be a little more robust kiii.

Has Jason Schreier ever elaborated on his „M+R Sparks of Hope footage is running on a better Switch“ tweet? I think he deleted it, but if it’s indeed coming next year, maybe it has something to do with the revision

Halo Infinite is probably the first game where I seriously think about wanting a next-gen system. Maybe pick up a Series S. But I try to be mindful about buying systems just for one game. In the very near future, Xbox doesn't have much of anything that I'm really interested so I should probably still wait. Same with PS5. Forspoken has potential and so does Horizon 2, but neither of those have it the top of my really want list.

Has Jason Schreier ever elaborated on his „M+R Sparks of Hope footage is running on a better Switch“ tweet? I think he deleted it, but if it’s indeed coming next year, maybe it has something to do with the revision

I don't think he knew/knows that Sparks of Hope was running on a beefed up Switch. I think he just saw how good the game looked, was confident in his colleagues reporting, and made an assumption.

I asked people at Ubi about the footage. They said the footage was running on a standard Switch.

I think Jason was jumping to assumptions.
interesting, thanks! I also think it looked great but not „this can’t be possible on Switch“-great

It’s so nice to have you here, chiming in here an there :)

I asked people at Ubi about the footage. They said the footage was running on a standard Switch.

I think Jason was jumping to assumptions.
Thanks for clarifying that. It honestly looked incredible from the footage and I think that’s why people assumed it was running on a Pro model.

"you see, it's the thing you just bought, but 500 dollars and slightly better! exclusive games? eventually! please buy it now."
If by "just bought" you mean "bought 5 years ago" then yeah basically haha

also: 500 bucks? please. I actively want a "premium" Switch. I would pay a Series X or PS5-like price for a really nice, premium model Switch.

OG Psychonaut's final level the Meat Circus is legit one of the most infuriating levels I've ever experienced in a platformer.
Thank god I played the updated PC version with more checkpoints and stuff because, even with that, it was still bloody difficult.

Thankfully nothing in Psychonauts 2 reached that level (Spoilers) ,even the intentional call back to it in the final level of that game

How do you all feel about indie games these days?
I am very excited with all the Spanish independent videogames that are having success, it makes me very happy to see that people with whom I have sometimes talked about videogames are creating works of art.

Ooooh, there's an Indieworld coming this week? Time to wear my Silksong clown shoes for the second time in less than a week.

Indie Worlds usually have one or two great things in them, and some of them have more...

...though, and I know this is selfish of me, I often think to myself "do I actually want to pay for these games?" nowadays. Like, I loved 'Unpacking' but would I have paid £17 for it? Probably not tbh. Game Pass has well and truly spoiled me.

but then you had people complaining about how nintendo was too slow to ride out the wii mania by releasing the successor only in 2012.

they have to keep things fresh.

Just had my last meeting of the day and of this year, now I have vacation! Woohoo!

raw7yk2m.gif

If by "just bought" you mean "bought 5 years ago" then yeah basically haha

also: 500 bucks? please. I actively want a "premium" Switch. I would pay a Series X or PS5-like price for a really nice, premium model Switch.
those switch hardware sales tho, they just bought it

we'll buy this dumb piece of shit no matter what, but for normies it could be a tough sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom