• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah shit I have a really awful cough. I'm hoping it's just the tail end of this cold but I'd love a free at home COVID test like Biden promised me.
Had a bad cough from my cold that lasted a chunk of last week but did go away.

I did finally get the second vaccine dose yesterday. Long overdue

Just got back from my gift exchange party. My Secret Santa got me The Zelda Encyclopedia, a Zelda coffee mug, and Paprika (anime movie). Damn, this encyclopedia is hefty and dense with info. With that, I have all 4 Zelda collectors books, all of which I have gotten through Secret Santa over the years.

Nintendo youtube will now get slightly worse with DiaperMan returning (The BitBlock)

:/
I’m guessing the well was running dry or that they weren’t making nearly as much doing.....whatever they were doing in between. Which is werid, because it looks like his later videos were rarely passing 20k views.

Reminds me of a certain other unpleasant Youtuber on the Playstation side that decided to stop doing gaming content but quickly pivoted back once it was clear that no one cared about their new shit.

Yeesh just did a scrolling count of my switch collection and I’m at right around 203 switch games …. I think it’s good I’m going in a buying freeze till I clear some backlog(well outside first party releases/SRW30 dlc)

For reference I make it a goal to beat first party games before I get the next one and I usually accomplish it in under a month so that doesn’t add. Plus I’ve probably cleared more of those than I’d think

I finally started Big Brain Academy. If you do not play this video game you are ignorant and a coward. This is my challenge to all Famiboards members.

How to revive Zenigata, say Lupin's name boom insta revive
(from Tv Movie Lupin the Third Walther P-38)

I've just been notorized that the Dane Switch is real. my apologies

did you have to go to like a local notary for that, or is there like an online service now?

I finally started Big Brain Academy. If you do not play this video game you are ignorant and a coward. This is my challenge to all Famiboards members.

there’s a wizard of oz joke in here somewhere but not one I can make work

if I only had a (big) brain

Just finished Chapter 1 of Danganronpa 1.

The "I'm psychic" at the end actually hit me in my feels. I know this is mostly a dark comedy, but it gets serious when it needs to. I love that.

Just finished Chapter 1 of Danganronpa 1.

The "I'm psychic" at the end actually hit me in my feels. I know this is mostly a dark comedy, but it gets serious when it needs to. I love that.
Oh, just wait! cackles maniacally

Thanks to @CyberWolfJV for the heads up about this, and also the pictures!

The CD generation feature in the upcoming Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX is reworked to no longer require physical CDs (naturally, can't exactly insert a disk into your Switch after all), and instead connects to a large database of not just music CDs, but also games. PlayStation and Sega Saturn games are included (as they would've been usable with the original release), but Switch titles are as well. The interesting thing there is that it includes multiple games that haven't released yet; Advance Wars 1+2, Bayonetta 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land; but also the barely announced Detective Pikachu project, which the game calls 'Untitled Detective Pikachu sequel".

LjLafaS.png

The initial reveal was unclear on what exactly the title is, but here at least the game is being deemed a sequel. The list also includes the still unlocalised Buddy Mission BOND; which, you know, I hope Nintendo get around to releasing in English sometime.

U3VjPcI.png

You're the biggest Monster Rancher fan I know, so this might be of interest to you @L Thammy
suezo

I've been working on a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + Torna story trailer in anticipation for Xenoblade 3's announcement. I wanted to make it for newcomers curious about the story of Xenoblade 2 + Torna by showcasing it in a way that I feel displays the depth of the world/story in a way the game's trailers may have not to some. And for those who played it, maybe they'll enjoy the sequence as a hype trailer

I just saw what an analogue Pocket is and I want one now.
Would be great for me, as I wouldn't have to bust out my original DS if I wanted to play Emerald or LeafGreen.
On the other hand, if those are the only two games I still play from that era, perhaps I don't actually need one.

Honestly kinda expect Sega genesis NSO to have its own pace when it comes to timing and releases because it: involves a third party completely, and it’s being developed out of house by M2. So I’d imagine there’s some marketing caveats they agreed on

Yall I just accidentally bought Skyward Sword HD for nearly full price because I thought I was buying Twilight Princess HD and didn't realize I'd clicked the wrong one until it was too late. I feel really embarrassed. 😑

So does anyone actually believe that Sonic Frontiers is coming to Switch in 2022? I call bullshit lol. I doubt the game comes unless it's in Cloud form, personally.
It would have been announced day one if that was the case + Sega makes the majority of the sales on Switch so there's no way the game won't come natively on Switch.

For the moment we know nothing about the game maybe the Switch version will be different ? Like multiple open areas rather than a full open world ?

It would have been announced day one if that was the case + Sega makes the majority of the sales on Switch so there's no way the game won't come natively on Switch.

For the moment we know nothing about the game maybe the Switch version will be different ? Like multiple open areas rather than a full open world ?
Maybe. But the game looks graphically intense, and that's before you go flying at super-sonic (lol) speed through it. And then you have giant enemies on top of that. There's no way this runs (lol X2) well.

Man, once you sit down and really study the intricacies of XB2's combat system and get it working for you, it feels so wonderfully smooth.

Still slightly prefer 1's however.

How to revive Zenigata, say Lupin's name boom insta revive
(from Tv Movie Lupin the Third Walther P-38)

A good special, though the one after this, Tokyo Crisis is my favorite of the 90's tv specials.

I also liked how in the Fuma conspiracy how he became a monk when he thought Lupin was dead, and spent his days praying for Lupin to be law-abiding in his next life.

I just hope, whatever they do, they don't block out the main quests by forcing you to do numerous side quests. Let that be a natural thing. Did not like Torna doing that.

The side quests were the main quest

The plot at that point was to bond with the civilians to make the ending fucking sadder

The plot at that point was to bond with the civilians to make the ending fucking sadder
Yeah. It wasn’t padding at all. The quests involved all the characters even.

The cook off is still my favorite. And makes me
sad
in the end. Which was the purpose all along

I had yeah’d both of you since I do feel for people who just want the main story, but I absolutely love in games where you do a bunch of side content and it all comes together at the end where everyone meets up. The Yakuza games in particular have been getting better and better at that with the end of Lost Judgment’s school stories being the best yet. Torna’s already brief and the plot escalates quicker than how it was suggested to have played out in Xenoblade 2, so I’m glad they did it to make you care more even though I know it won’t work for everyone. I always go for 100% quests in games I love, so it didn’t bother me until right at the end iirc when it opened the last quests hastily between a cutscene.

Incoming Indy World this week? It's probably the only real news coming before new year, I would assume.

Looking forward to that, then some holiday family time, and then full steam ahead on the Direct speculation train!

I still don't like RPG's that block you in that fashion, but its only a minor complaint when faced with the fact that Torna improved the battle system from 2, has the best battle theme of the three (I have not played X) and the ending is.....

Oh god, now I'm thinking of the ending again >.>

That would be lovely, and it would be even better if it's another Nintendo collab like Cadence of Hyrule. Unfortunately it might very well be the only time it happened.

Thank you for reading.

Wonder if we'll ever see another Cadence of Hyrule-calibur indie collab with a Nintendo IP. Felt like people were predicting them for a solid year, but then the infamous WayForward Bakugan stream killed all talk of them.

Sonic was never.
Sonic was always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom