• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a good post to wake up to! Especially because side effects from my booster shot (sore arm, temperature) kept me up on and off all night and that triggered my chronic fatigue so today could well be a write off.

But who cares, we live in the world of indies.

What a good post to wake up to! Especially because side effects from my booster shot (sore arm, temperature) kept me up on and off all night and that triggered my chronic fatigue so today could well be a write off.

I hope you feel better soon from the side effects!

May i add my thanks for your decision to further protect yourself and others from the pandemic on top to the anticipation of an Indie Showcase as a way to help you with your day?

You know what? I just do it. Thanks, dude!

Just finished Chapter 1 of Danganronpa 1.

The "I'm psychic" at the end actually hit me in my feels. I know this is mostly a dark comedy, but it gets serious when it needs to. I love that.
Good lord, you're not ready what's about to come and the other games. I'm still feeling depressed after completing V3 lol.

I'll take some weird new Nindie collab, a release date for Sports Story, and a bunch of other things that'll make me wish I had more time for games, thank you very much, indie spirits.

The worst thing that happened that day was actually the remote Treehouse presentation of Origami King, so awkward and lame.

I'm glad we're not in 2020 anymore.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I feel like Twitter has become a terrible place to discuss video games.

I'd rather talk video games on a forum like Famiboards or Discord.

By the way one thing I didn't fail to notice at the Game Awards was that Nintendo included Star Wars Hunters in their 2022 lineup ad, confirming that they're actual partners with Zynga and that it makes complete sense that they'd have a new Switch devkit as reported by Bloomberg.

Just noticed that today is the two year mark since Team Cherry's last entry on their blog.

Time sure does fly.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I feel like Twitter has become a terrible place to discuss video games.

Twitter has become a terrible place for basically every kind of discussion, sadly.

Luckily Famiboards is a very welcoming board.

Twitter has become a terrible place for basically every kind of discussion, sadly.

Luckily Famiboards is a very welcoming board.

Definitely. I like the tight-knit feel of this community.

Twitter is a good place to get the latest news. Nothing else

Agreed. Twitter is a great way to create a personalized news feed. It's also great for professional networking and promoting stuff.

But when it comes to having intelligent discussions? Twitter doesn't seem like the place for that. Everyone is either yelling at each other, or everyone thinks their comedians.

So, Indie World this week as an early Christmas present; Pokemon Presents in January ahead of Legends; Direct in February to flesh out 2022.

Indie Worlds are always welcome especially since we need updates for Silksong and Sports Story but I'm always looking forward to surprises.

The first game I played on Switch was Golf Story. I bought a Switch primarily for that and Stardew Valley. My body is ready for Sports Story. I'm not expecting it, but an update or shadow drop at this week's Indie World would he a very nice Christmas present indeed.

good morning

analogue pocket week is among us for us lucky enough to get the first batch of preorders

also if anyone still wants one, don't forget they are selling more tomorrow in a style ala steam decks:

also just ordered myself a gba everdrive as a little xmas gift to myself - gonna be a good week!

edit: also, indie world, sweet!

good morning

analogue pocket week is among us for us lucky enough to get the first batch of preorders

also if anyone still wants one, don't forget they are selling more tomorrow in a style ala steam decks:

also just ordered myself a gba everdrive as a little xmas gift to myself - gonna be a good week!

edit: also, indie world, sweet!

Frustrated because, having had to move around a few times in my early to mid 20s (and getting ready to move again soon), I ended up parting with a significant collection of GB/GBC/GBA stuff. If I still had all that, I'd buy a Pocket without hesitating.

I'm so torn over the Analogue Pocket. I believe they are shipping them from the US which means heavy heavy import fees to the UK, as games hardware is in some kind of special category that attracts even more duty than usual.

Also, I'll be honest, I'm not interested in using physical media with this... I want to be sure they'll be jailbroken firmware that allows me to play ROMs on this thing. I am not a collector of retro games, nor do I desire to be changing save batteries, blowing on carts (actually don't do this, kids), or trawling eBay. I think this device will be a great way to play unreleased but fan-translated games like The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls.

I'm curious as to how save states/suspend mode will work with flash carts, ditto the museum aspect of the OS. Really wish more were out in the wild before this new round of preorders.

Nah, you're not old at all, and you are completely right.

I think there's a serious problem with the internet as large as it is. With these massive sorts of sites. You can't really just have an "average" opinion, or even just be plainly positive about something. The bigger of a website you have, the more you need a "gimmick" to stand out. Of which, people tend to resort to being either a companies biggest fan, biggest critic, the smartest or most knowledgeable person, or as you say, the world's worst comedians. Otherwise, if they have merely plain opinions, these people feel ignored, or undervalued. Videogames or not, it's been a huge problem especially since social media literally is people's social life nowadays, especially after Covid.

Also, I'll be honest, I'm not interested in using physical media with this... I want to be sure they'll be jailbroken firmware that allows me to play ROMs on this thing. I am not a collector of retro games, nor do I desire to be changing batteries, blowing on carts (actually don't do this, kids), or trawling eBay. I think this device will be a great way to play unreleased but fan-translated games like The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls.

if history is any guide here, all the analogue products have had semi-official-unofficial jailbreaks within like a week of coming out that allowed loading roms off sd cards and also several have had additional cores added. everdrive is always another option, though of course thats additional cash.

if history is any guide here, all the analogue products have had semi-official-unofficial jailbreaks within like a week of coming out that allowed loading roms off sd cards and also several have had additional cores added. everdrive is always another option, though of course thats additional cash.
Awesome. That was my understanding. I'd probably want to cover up the cartridge port with a blank/empty cart (or one of the few carts I do own: Tetris DX) to stop dust getting in.

Also, for those also from the UK, my research indicates that the 25% import duty (on top of the 20% VAT charge) was very much the result of an EU-US trade dispute, and as the UK has Brexited we should only be paying VAT on the console plus shipping. Which is still going to be a hefty amount if you get the dock too, but it's certainly more palatable.

I'm not sure if this additional duty still applies across the EU.

Last edited:
I don't know what to expect from this week's Indie World, but I'm actually looking forward to that one because now I have a Switch, and will probably only have money to buy indie games for a very long time lol.
I think it's damn time we see Silksong. I'll be very excited to see it because I have Hollow Knight, and an upcoming sequel will make me more excited to play it.
Maybe Sports Story time too?
Even some possible port of It Takes Two? We never know, but this year was amazing to indies and I expect it to reflect in this presentation.

What I really need tho is a Nintendo IP indie collab like Cadence of Hyrule. After Zelda Metroid would be the logical choice, but, we have yet to see a Mario collab (even tho it already has a AAA third party developed game in M+R). I don't know if we'll get anything like that anytime soon tho 😔. Even tho it would make sense for a Cadence of Hyrule sequel sometime as it did well enough to get expansions and a physical version on the holiday season.

I hope Shin'en are working on a new FAST, though I don't expect a reveal of their next project anytime soon regardless.

I believe there's 0 chance we'll see silksong in an indie world after it was announced in a Direct (or at a Treehouse? or both?). Unless we get a shadowdrop.

Team Cherry announced it themselves on valentines day 2019 - a day after a Nintendo direct (the best one ever IMO) Had Silksong been featured in that direct it would have killed me, I think :D

I'd think there's a better than 0 chance that Silksong would get dated or shadowdropped in a Indieshowcase - if it's release is imminent.
There's been quite few big games revealed via indie showcases

Wonder if we'll ever see another Cadence of Hyrule-calibur indie collab with a Nintendo IP. Felt like people were predicting them for a solid year, but then the infamous WayForward Bakugan stream killed all talk of them.

Sonic was always.
What Advance wars rebootcamp isn’t big enough for you?

Half joking, despite being not that big sales wise boy is Wayforward big enough to do a bunch of licensed work

Wonder how much all the consoles would have actually sold if supply wasn’t an issue? I’d like to get a Series X to play Halo on if they didn’t keep selling out in five seconds :/ (I’m not going out of my way to try to get one. I can wait, just a bit bitter.)

I know the pandemic is still going on, but whenever it finally ends I wonder too how high the demand for gaming will remain. I definitely think it permanently expanded as a result of the pandemic. Wish it did under better circumstances.

Switch family sold 1.13 million units in November according to NPD

The underpoweredness of the current switch vs the demand for the current switch makes me not envious of the people at Nintendo who have to figure out how to market whatever the hell “Dane” is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom