• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion | ST24 September 2023 | Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frog's Columbo rankings (S1-3):
  1. A Stitch in Crime
  2. Any Old Port in a Storm
  3. Murder by the Book
  4. Suitable For Framing
  5. A Friend in Deed
  6. Death Lends a Hand
  7. Candidate for a Crime
  8. Double Exposure
  9. Swan Song
  10. Double Shock
  11. Etude in Black
  12. Lady in Waiting
  13. Blueprint for Murder
  14. Lovely But Lethal
  15. Publish or Perish
  16. Requiem for a Falling Star
  17. The Most Dangerous Match
  18. The Most Crucial Game
  19. Dagger of the Mind
  20. The Greenhouse Jungle
  21. Short Fuse
  22. Dead Weight
  23. Mind Over Mayhem

The depths were definitely meant to be navigated using vehicles

My go-to was to autobuild a flying machine, slap a big brightbloom seed on it, and I was good to go. No constant seed throwing required

They were, but yet there was roots and mushrooms etc, literally everywhere.

Ended up ballooning and paragliding everywhere.

Not sure where the best place to ask this is so apologies if it's off topic, but is there somewhere/somehow to reserve a spot for making a general thread for a game when it comes out? I'd find it fun to make one for The Thousand Year Door next year (and uh, I would try to keep it respectful/helpful/discourage any in-fighting).

Not sure where the best place to ask this is so apologies if it's off topic, but is there somewhere/somehow to reserve a spot for making a general thread for a game when it comes out? I'd find it fun to make one for The Thousand Year Door next year (and uh, I would try to keep it respectful/helpful/discourage any in-fighting).
is what youā€™re looking for.

I submitted my game and store page to the Epic Games Store. I have no idea how long it takes to go live since they just said it's undergoing review before publishing and not how long that would take.

Guess I should finish up post-game stuff I wanted to get done post- launch in the meantime, huh?

Do a launch trailer and try to get the guy who does the voice-overs for Nintendo Directs!

I started the PokƩmon DLC yesterday and I guess it's my fault for starting it just a month after finishing TOTK but oh my god it runs like ass (a lot worse than I remember the base game running). It's ugly as sin. It takes so long to get going. I barely spent 40 minutes with it. Oof.

Anyway, I'll stick with it for a while and hope it eventually just lets me explore and catch'em'all but it's a dire first impression.

Whoops, all this Remake talk has prompted me to attempt to finally finish a playthrough of FF7 (original) for the first time. Reached the end of Disc 1, which is the farthest I have ever gotten.

This time for sure.

Whaaaa a revive HG Dunbine?!?! Sick, Iā€™d been hoping for something like this to happen!
Itā€™s been 20 years DX

Tbf, all the Expendables after the original one were varying degrees of garbage, imo. So you didn't miss much.

I give the second one some support simply because Arnold has a lot more going in the movie...
... and yes, because i find it funny that Bruce Willis uses "I'll be back" and Arnold uses "Yippee Ki Yay".

And despite knowing he's a diehard shithead conservative, the little kid in me kinda fanboy'd out the moment Chuck Norris, Sly, Bruce and Arnold were on the screen together.

I wonder what BN was thinking when they remastered Baten Kaitos. They definitely put in some work, but then decided not market the game at all except a Direct reveal. To top it off, no physical edition in the US, retailer exclusive in the UK and barely review codes out.

This remaster must be the last farewell to the series, no way BN believes in a third game.

If Bandai-Namco agreed to remastered Baten Kaitos they should greenlight for a Xenosaga trilogy remaster.

Outsourced by some studio and supervised by Monolith.

They did not say playstation...

F0T45EuWcAEdMlP.jpg

If Bandai-Namco agreed to remastered Baten Kaitos they should greenlight for a Xenosaga trilogy remaster.

Outsourced by some studio and supervised by Monolith.
They probably did, but started with BK as it's just 2 games with prerendered backgrounds. Easier work than fully remastering Xenosaga.

They are incredible slow in remastering games though. We got We Love Katamari 5 years after the first, god knows when we'll get Pac-man World 2 repac and Xenosaga trilogy.

I wonder what BN was thinking when they remastered Baten Kaitos. They definitely put in some work, but then decided not market the game at all except a Direct reveal. To top it off, no physical edition in the US, retailer exclusive in the UK and barely review codes out.

This remaster must be the last farewell to the series, no way BN believes in a third game.
Iā€™m waiting for a sale due to their choices

How is Dragon's Dogma on the Switch? I've never played the original one but the trailer for the sequel got me curious about trying it out. It's on sale right now for $6.66 Canadian and I have ~$14 in Gold Coins.

Honestly, i don't think Bamco will ever do something with Baten Kaitos again (outside of another remake in ... 20 years or so).

But Honne is really set to do a third game in the series ... just sell the IP to Nintendo. I think Monolithsoft has enough "decision power" to get Nintendo allowing them to do that third game.

How is Dragon's Dogma on the Switch? I've never played the original one but the trailer for the sequel got me curious about trying it out. It's on sale right now for $6.66 Canadian and I have ~$14 in Gold Coins.
Looks and runs great.

The game overall (on all platforms) is super janky and odd, but the post-game and DLC is some of the best gaming ever made.

Looks and runs great.

The game overall (on all platforms) is super janky and odd, but the post-game and DLC is some of the best gaming ever made.

That jank and odd things are what makes the game so fucking great and fun.

Dragons Dogma 2 needs to have that too.

Tears of the Kingdom is $47 on Amazon right now for that one person on this site that hasn't bought it yet.
Might be $32-29 at Costco if the store has it. Randomly, my Costco has purple/orange and blue/yellow joycon sets for $65. Costco game stock is a thing of mystery.

2DHD slander? In this thread?

Hell naw!

Also ... i may or may not have just preordered the Unicorn Overlord Collectors Edition.

Iā€™m waiting for a sale due to their choices

I'm in the same boat. If there was a physical release, I would have picked it up day 1. But since it's digital only in NA, I might as well wait for a sale. It's not like I'm hurting for games to play at the moment and Namco puts their games on sale very frequently.

Switch 2 launching with Genshin, this Star Rail thing and another one of those big "console" gachas sure is one way to dominate the asian market.
Sonyā€™s biggest problem right now in Asia isnā€™t software sales itā€™s a resurgent Nintendo and Switch 2 is going to be a big headache for them if Nintendo doesnā€™t mess it up. (I donā€™t think itā€™s a coincidence that rumors have been floating around new models launching sometime this fall, certainly it feels like they want to have a new shiny to go up against Nintendoā€™s new shiny)

And thatā€™s going to have ramifications outside of Asia as itā€™ll make exclusivity deals and the like harder to complete and finance.

MS deciding that they need to lock up the Western devs and throw more money at Asia to attract their games to the platform doesnā€™t help either even if itā€™s more of a sideshow on the Asia front.

Sonyā€™s biggest problem right now in Asia isnā€™t software sales itā€™s a resurgent Nintendo and Switch 2 is going to be a big headache for them if Nintendo doesnā€™t mess it up. (I donā€™t think itā€™s a coincidence that rumors have been floating around new models launching sometime this fall, certainly it feels like they want to have a new shiny to go up against Nintendoā€™s new shiny)

And thatā€™s going to have ramifications outside of Asia as itā€™ll make exclusivity deals and the like harder to complete and finance.

MS deciding that they need to lock up the Western devs and throw more money at Asia to attract their games to the platform doesnā€™t help either even if itā€™s more of a sideshow on the Asia front.

Well, then Sony better find some solutions, cause i doubt the have the money to constantly keep such big asian market hitters away from Switch (2), especially when Gacha money is in the play.

I don't even see Capcom giving Sony any special treatment for the next MonHun game 'cause they saw and have the data that shows the IP is now big enough not to be dragged down by any shenanigans. ^^

I got a survey regarding the Peach Showtime game, and it seems like Nintendo is trying to gauge how much interest in a playable Peach was created from the movie specifically.

Conservatives spend so much time creating new boogeymen/boogywomen to entice voters when they could probably just talk about Paper Mario The Origami King and get the same (if not better) results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom