• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion | ST24 September 2023 | Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck, I can't believe that FFX Remaster doesn't let you skip cutscenes. It sucks when there's a long ass cutscene right before a Seymour fight...

Just here to post that I finished Tears of the Kingdom, Switch says "105 hours or more".

Good game, but the depths are super ugly, annoying and very uninteresting, the familiarity to BOTW was felt a lot and the 4 "dungeons" were somewhat dissapointed, expected more from the temples. Story was mediocre, especially how much it felt disconnected from BOTW.

insane week

For me, this list is a bunch of franchises I want to get into, but either haven't had the time to or haven't been able to. The only one I know I'm getting for sure is Apollo Justice Trilogy.

I love what I've played of Persona but I've never finished a game, I got pretty far in 4 but got burnt out by Noata's dungeon. Persona 3 Reload looks cool too but, honestly? Not a fan of how they're dumbing down the game's style for the remake. Might just emulate it, though the better graphics do look tempting ...

Like a Dragon looks like a cool series but I've just never been able to get into all the gameplay interruptions to be honest, and the lower quality of the animations doesn't help. I've only really tried 0 and I always stop at about Chapter 3 / 4. I don't really want to continue without playing the games sequentially even if it's not necessary.

Tekken looks cool. But I never seem to be able to give time to getting into fighting games even when I buy them. I still need to play more of Street Fighter 6!

Granblue looks neat. Like Tales Of. Don't really care about the IP, but I could see myself picking it up at some point.

Fuck, I can't believe that FFX Remaster doesn't let you skip cutscenes. It sucks when there's a long ass cutscene right before a Seymour fight...
tidus-laugh.gif

Just here to post that I finished Tears of the Kingdom, Switch says "105 hours or more".

Good game, but the depths are super ugly, annoying and very uninteresting, the familiarity to BOTW was felt a lot and the 4 "dungeons" were somewhat dissapointed, expected more from the temples. Story was mediocre, especially how much it felt disconnected from BOTW.
I too disliked the depths other than a few of the required portions. Just not fun having to throw seeds nonstop and felt too one note.

I too disliked the depths other than a few of the required portions. Just not fun having to throw seeds nonstop and felt too one note.
The depths were definitely meant to be navigated using vehicles

My go-to was to autobuild a flying machine, slap a big brightbloom seed on it, and I was good to go. No constant seed throwing required

I always want a good story in a game, so the lack of story in TotK was dissapointing, not even a little mention of Calamity Ganon, like it never happened.

The depths were definitely meant to be navigated using vehicles

My go-to was to autobuild a flying machine, slap a big brightbloom seed on it, and I was good to go. No constant seed throwing required
most certainly, especially with the one yuga quest I didn’t bother with. But I didn’t get that function until the end of my play through, so had no appetite to explore down there.

I feel like the only person on Fami that is super excited for MGS Master Collection. Went to mazi's news thread and yeesh.

I know it can be heavily criticized for a multitude of reasons but like.. this is a re-release of some truly seminal classics that can be considered an all-time great in video game trilogies.

I only have 1 and 2 on GOG so having them on the Switch will be super convenient, and well worth the double-dip, even at full-price.

I feel like the only person on Fami that is super excited for MGS Master Collection. Went to mazi's news thread and yeesh.

I know it can be heavily criticized for a multitude of reasons but like.. this is a re-release of some truly seminal classics that can be considered an all-time great in video game trilogies.

I only have 1 and 2 on GOG so having them on the Switch will be super convenient, and well worth the double-dip, even at full-price.
Well, since you brought up the thread I did go back, and apparently Konami did provide clarification on resolution and framerates for all consoles with the MGS Vol. 1 collection

Resolution and fps for all consoles.

1080p30 docked is at least semi-respectable, better than the initial thought of 720p30 for MGS2 and MGS3

Still...I would genuinely love to nitpick Konami's brains over how PS2 games that could hit 60fps are struggling to do the same on technology that's advanced 20 years.

I remember playing the second one years ago, crazy that they're bringing the series back. Maybe Rondo of Swords will be next on the revival block.
Fingers cross. Funny enough I found out after the announcement that they have the same devs, Sucess, and it makes sense why she is in the game. I always thought RoS was Atlus, since they published it.

This looks like if you go the Joja route, you can pay money instead of golden walnuts to upgrade the island.

I'm still a little surprised Nintendo never released officially released something like this, even without overclocking it. It's such a cheap looking thing to make that could easily undercut even the Lite as a crazy low barrier to entry into their platform.

Metal Gear Solid is literally my favorite game of all time, but I think the price is a pretty big ask all told. I might just get MGS1 and skip the others, we'll see.

it's odd but one of my fondest gaming-related memories is of me... reading the announcement of Sin & Punishment: Star Successor on my brand new iPhone 3g while downing a two item combo at Panda Express back in 2008

It took me eight months and numerous stops and starts, but I finished Persona 5 Royal the other day. I have my issues with some of the banter and pacing, but overall had a really good time!

Now I can get back to some of those games I've had on my plate for months like 13 Sentinels, Nier: Automata, and Jedi: Survivor. Got under a month to clear some of these out before Mario!

I've been watching Ted Lasso, and there's a huge problem.

I've finished the show and there are no more episodes boo

it's odd but one of my fondest gaming-related memories is of me... reading the announcement of Sin & Punishment: Star Successor on my brand new iPhone 3g while downing a two item combo at Panda Express back in 2008

Coincidentally, the two items in your combo were sin and punishment.

Managed to knock out 2 chapters of FEWTH(Dimitri, my third route) during my flight. Almost done! Just did the story changing recruitment mission that effects the story

Walks in to see if they had anything small I’ve been after with the sale going on. Walks out with this instead for a great deal(40% off)

IMG_7260.jpg

Dwarfs everything else I grabbed this week XD

IMG_7261.jpg

insane week

Only 2 are on switch so not too bad for me

I submitted my game and store page to the Epic Games Store. I have no idea how long it takes to go live since they just said it's undergoing review before publishing and not how long that would take.

Guess I should finish up post-game stuff I wanted to get done post- launch in the meantime, huh?

"Heart warming"? Nah. I'm gonna be a wizard and industrialize the crap out of Shire. Mines, forges, flames and brimstone everywhere! The very air you'll breathe will be a poisonous fume! What are the little hobbits gonna do, beat up an all mighty wizard with sticks?

What are the chances that Nintendo tweets out how many copies Mario Wonder has sold after it's first weekend of sales? The game is going to be huge but for the life of me, I have no clue about how huge. The game has been sitting comfortably near the top of Amazon's sellers list for games since the Wonder Direct. Our old pal Mario Kart 8 Switch bundle is creeping up the rankings. The Wonder Direct has 8.8 million views right now which is big for Directs about a single game. It's first mainline Mario game to release after the movie. I can see the game selling 10 million copies during its first weekend and even that might an underestimate.

Speaking of Sin and Punishment (N64) I remember being on a forum when it first came out on the Wii. Maybe the original Nsider? Anyways this random kid was trying to get me to convince his parents to buy him the game but they were too religious and were freaked out by the name and I'm like kid why are you asking me to do this? You're a stranger and I don't even know you? Anyways, end of random thought.

@Derachi a friend of mine told me this morning that she had just impulse-bought all the Yakuza games during this big sale.

And just now she texted me and said "Did you know this Dragon one is an RPG?? 🤣

she's the one who introduced me to Square in the 90s, you see

I don't understand.
"What?" Do you ask? Excitebike.
This game perplexes.
N-E-S? N-Sixty-Four?
I suck at them. And they bore.

I'm with you. I understand the concerns but at the same time 30 FPS isn't that big of a deal to me. I haven't played the originals in years, and the last one I played was a certifiably sub 30 MGS 3D.

News of XB3 winning an Excellence Award at TGS was already shared in the MonolithSoft thread (thanks @Almadel!), but I wanted to share this tweet in particular here to get as many eyes as possible on the fact that attending TGS was MS's only nopon employee, Monopon:

Shit to buy list September 2023 Edition

Day 1:
Star Ocean Second Story R
Super Mario RPG

Still thinking about it:
Mario Wonder

Waiting for sale:
Baten Kaitos 1 and 2 Remaster

Still waiting on sale:
Final Fantasy: Pixel Remaster

Maybe if it pops up in a sale:
Gears 5

Just saw that Ace Attorney 4-6 is out January 25th, and I'm going to need the games industry to chill on Q1 2024 release dates, holy cow. I thought Q1 2023 was packed, but 2024 has it handily beat already and there still might be more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom