• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The early levels in Sunshine are a delight. I loved the fludd mechanics and sliding about, and could have done with a bit more nice cheery stuff to explore in the hub.

Pachinko nearly broke me. Lucky for my health I never bothered trying more than once to get Yoshi to that island. I'd love a new version with the painful stuff cut out, certainly the unskippable bits (maybe leave in Yoshi's boat for the masochists :p)

The early levels in Sunshine are a delight. I loved the fludd mechanics and sliding about, and could have done with a bit more nice cheery stuff to explore in the hub.

Pachinko nearly broke me. Lucky for my health I never bothered trying more than once to get Yoshi to that island. I'd love a new version with the painful stuff cut out, certainly the unskippable bits (maybe leave in Yoshi's boat for the masochists :p)
I always found the yoshi-boat part to be a little more tolerable by using the fruit glitch, so you didn't have to make the stupid jump onto the tower for the fruit and then back onto the boat!

I saw a ton more roadkill than usual yesterday while driving, I have a theory that daylight savings time ending and changing the flow/pattern of traffic by one hour overnight caused this increase. Animals go about their normal routine based on the time of day/position of the sun/moon but humans completely change their routine because of stupid Benjamin Franklin and unbeknownst to all of these animals traffic patterns are completely different.

Does this theory make sense?
Raccoon post if you are ok

Everything I see and hear about Sunshine makes me want to play it less and less.
Oh, it is still a 3D Mario game at the end of the day.

So a quality game.

Just one where you can kinda feel the deadlines it was made under and parts that probably wouldn’t have made i to the game without heavy revisions otherwise.

Those weird parts are backloaded, mostly.

As the biggest fan of Gen 3.

I could write an entire thread/essay about the remakes.

Unfortunately I was not a fan of them. Except the music, I ended up liking the soundtrack a lot and even bought it. That’s a plus.

lol besides the lack of Emerald content, the music was the one thing I didn't like about them. Some pieces were good or even better than the original, but most of them sounded very uninspired and the choice of instruments was poor imo

Other than that they were good remakes, kinda hard to fuck up Hoenn honestly looks at BDSP actually nevermind, I'm sure they could do it if they wanted to.

I've looked at the BDSP leaks.

This is genuinely a new low for Pokémon. I'm not even mad about it being extremely barebones... but the game is literally shipping unfinished.

What the fuck you are a billion dollars IP all I'm asking for at this point is just to be at least decent.

ya-heard-me-curtis-payne.gif

This is genuinely a new low for Pokémon. I'm not even mad about it being extremely barebones... but the game is literally shipping unfinished.

What the fuck you are a billion dollars IP all I'm asking for at this point is just to be at least decent.
There's a day one patch to fix the major bug and music issues. As long as that does its job it'll be fine.

Quoted by: Leo
Raccoon post if you are ok
Uh oh... A number of them were raccoons...

Also I could've sworn one of them was a bear but I didn't see any car wreckage near it so I'm guessing it was just a really big furry deer.

How is it unfinished?

.... Super Mario Sunshine, despite its flaws, is a better game than the Super Mario Galaxy titles (runs for the hills)
Honestly, and not to say that Galaxy is a bad game by any means because it is incredible, I always enjoyed Sunshine more too. I got it as a kid with my GameCube in launch year, that was special. It was more open like 64, which I loved beyond all else. Actually now that I think about it, Sunshine was probably the game that solidified my opinion on 3D Mario as a whole; it was everything I loved from 64, but with better graphics and bigger levels. Galaxy was incredible too, but the linearity made me enjoy it just a sliiiiight bit less. I loved the more open levels though.

I've asked my friends/cousins to see if anyone was getting it and nope.....they're all waiting for Legends Arceus.

I'm just hoping everything is fine with Legends Arceus. I should know better at this point, but I'm hyped for that one. Looks amazing so far.

There's a day one patch to fix the major bug and music issues. As long as that does its job it'll be fine.

The game is shipping without an opening and title screen. It literally boots into a black screen with the logo patched on it. I get some stuff getting fixed on a D1 patch, but that's embarrassing.

That's one Pokémon game I don't see costing a kidney on ebay 15 years from now.

I always found the yoshi-boat part to be a little more tolerable by using the fruit glitch, so you didn't have to make the stupid jump onto the tower for the fruit and then back onto the boat!
I had no idea about the glitch! I failed at the tower a couple of times. After checking a guide and realising getting to the island by itself wouldn't be enough for a shine I called it a day.

I had no idea about the glitch! I failed at the tower a couple of times. After checking a guide and realising getting to the island by itself wouldn't be enough for a shine I called it a day.
The lilypad level itself gives me severe PTSD, but every time I've dreaded doing it and gone to do it, I've aced it within the first couple tries. Slow and steady shots of water do the trick!

Honestly, and not to say that Galaxy is a bad game by any means because it is incredible, I always enjoyed Sunshine more too. I got it as a kid with my GameCube in launch year, that was special. It was more open like 64, which I loved beyond all else. Actually now that I think about it, Sunshine was probably the game that solidified my opinion on 3D Mario as a whole; it was everything I loved from 64, but with better graphics and bigger levels. Galaxy was incredible too, but the linearity made me enjoy it just a sliiiiight bit less. I loved the more open levels though.
I actually played Galaxy first since I never owned a Gamecube. It was only a few years I played Sunshine on Dolphin emulator. I still like Galaxy, but Sunshine is just more open, creative, and freeform.

lol besides the lack of Emerald content, the music was the one thing I didn't like about them. Some pieces were good or even better than the original, but most of them sounded very uninspired and the choice of instruments was poor imo

Other than that they were good remakes, kinda hard to fuck up Hoenn honestly looks at BDSP actually nevermind, I'm sure they could do it if they wanted to.
They very easily screwed up Hoenn.

How is it unfinished?

I personally set my standard of acceptance for a “faithful remake” at featuring something instead of a black screen with a logo for a title menu (the OG games had a pretty animation) and a soundtrack that doesn’t sound like soulless MIDI.

I’m also waiting to experience the “faithful” recreation of Sinnoh’s iconic Battle Frontier and Darkrai, Cresselia and Shymin events. I bet they have been “faithfully recreated” and not cut for any stupid reason.

I personally set my standard of acceptance for a “faithful remake” at featuring something instead of a black screen with a logo for a title menu (the OG games had a pretty animation) and a soundtrack that doesn’t sound like soulless MIDI.

I’m also waiting to experience the “faithful” recreation of Sinnoh’s iconic Battle Frontier and Darkrai, Cresselia and Shymin events. I bet they have been “faithfully recreated” and not cut for any stupid reason.
Wow. I haven’t seen the leaks so I had no idea..

But don't you see everyone BDSP were forced to be this way because of a "mandate" that they must be faithful remakes. Who set this mandate? Why couldn't they change their mind? What about all of the other things that they have changed that aren't "faithful" at all, and are mostly for the worse such as completely breaking the difficulty? Well see that doesn't matter because

Getting upset at BDSP being barebones now is weird to me because it's not like this is surprising. I guess people were more optimistic than me, but I had basically dismissed the game by the first trailer. I'd be more broken up about it (Sinnoh is one of my favorite regions) but honestly Legends Arceus is hype enough that I can just pretend BDSP don't exist and I'm good.

Honestly it's a blessing in disguise that I'm so uninterested in BDSP since that means I don't have a difficult choice over what Switch JRPG I want to play this month.

If that’s the case. Got a feeling Covid truly hurt their development but they still wanna release the title this year as oppose to delay it.

But maybe Pokémon Company and Nintendo don’t wanna delay it.

But don't you see everyone BDSP were forced to be this way because of a "mandate" that they must be faithful remakes. Who set this mandate? Why couldn't they change their mind? What about all of the other things that they have changed that aren't "faithful" at all, and are mostly for the worse such as completely breaking the difficulty? Well see that doesn't matter because

This is the reason why we need a service to play GB, GBC, GBA, NDS games (that includes Pokémon).

People reacting (and overreacting) about a leaked copies of a Pokemon game? Ah, it truly is the start of the holiday season.

My random daily thought. Games that use HD rumble well are really great, like Golf Story, Octopath, Dread, Splatoon, and some others.

I wish it was used more. I feel the PS5 will probably meet the same fate, and after a few years it will become utilized less and less except for first party titles. Shame cause well done haptic feedback is cool.

Also, I love how everyone dismisses haptic feedback, but when Sony does it, everyone says they’re so innovative and it’s a game changer and they introduced it to the masses 🙄

Getting upset at BDSP being barebones now is weird to me because it's not like this is surprising. I guess people were more optimistic than me, but I had basically dismissed the game by the first trailer. I'd be more broken up about it (Sinnoh is one of my favorite regions) but honestly Legends Arceus is hype enough that I can just pretend BDSP don't exist and I'm good.

Honestly it's a blessing in disguise that I'm so uninterested in BDSP since that means I don't have a difficult choice over what Switch JRPG I want to play this month.
Pretty much how I feel. I'm pretty disappointed that there's no Platinum content, but I've had a bad feeling about the games since first reveal. Just had a faint hope for some miracle reveal. At least Legends is coming and I can pretend this game never existed. I just hope they don't do the same style of remake for B/W.

Pretty much how I feel. I'm pretty disappointed that there's no Platinum content, but I've had a bad feeling about the games since first reveal. Just had a faint hope for some miracle reveal. At least Legends is coming and I can pretend this game never existed. I just hope they don't do the same style of remake for B/W.
Ursaring was my homie in Pokémon Gale of Darkness.

Espeon & Ursaring duo

Bowser has voice acting and he sounds like Cookie Monster

I take it all back - Sunshine is the greatest game of all time

Oh yeah also I beat the game and I’m never touching it again for the rest of my life

Ursaring was my homie in Pokémon Gale of Darkness.

Espeon & Ursaring duo
Love to hear it! Ursaring is my all-time favorite mon. My first level 100 mon (Gale of Darkness) and an Ursaring clutched my SoulSilver Nuzlocke against Lance. Had a special place in my heart ever since. When I saw it in the Legends trailer I freaked out!

It’s still so odd to me that BD/SP and Arceus are releasing within two and a half months of one another. There have to be other people like me that probably would’ve bought the remakes but are just going to wait for Arceus instead. I’m surprised that they weren’t spread out a bit more.

Don’t ever play it. Your life will be better for not playing Super Mario Sunshine.
I truly deeply disagree with this. It’s another “they really tried some weird shit” after the wild success of Mario 64, and not all of it lands, but so much of it is fun and interesting. You owe it to yourself to at least play it — just enter with the mindset that it’s okay to bail if a particular challenge is just too annoying.

Bowser has voice acting and he sounds like Cookie Monster

I take it all back - Sunshine is the greatest game of all time

Oh yeah also I beat the game and I’m never touching it again for the rest of my life
I'm glad your done now too. GG and welcome to the club.

I truly deeply disagree with this. It’s another “they really tried some weird shit” after the wild success of Mario 64, and not all of it lands, but so much of it is fun and interesting. You owe it to yourself to at least play it — just enter with the mindset that it’s okay to bail if a particular challenge is just too annoying.
Yup! I tell people. You don’t have to do the blue coin hunt. Just skip it!

I did enjoy most of the optional challenge levels… except pachinko lol

I definitely get being annoyed about BDSP being barebones and having issues, but at the same time, it feels a bit premature to judge it before the day 1 patch is out. That's kind of the whole point of a day 1 patch, and people aren't supposed to be playing the game yet anyway. This reminds me of when Sw/Sh leaked and had so many issues and people were posting outraged things online about battles lacking backgrounds, missing assets and crashes, etc., and then it turned out that all of that was coming from hacked copies and the game had none of that on launch day.

Of course, if review copies of the game still have all these issues then the reviewers should obviously talk about it; they can't base their reviews on patches that haven't happened yet. I'm just saying, maybe be a little patient and wait and see what reviews look like, and also if you're still on the fence maybe wait and see what things look like on launch day.

Sunshine rules. I'm a sucker for games with incredible movement though, and it has that in spades. Glad Odyssey at least somewhat tried to get to that level again.

Can I find these leaks on this site instead of going to the old place? I'm in the woods rn so reception is very spotty

Seeing how they rushed out BDSP (If those leaks are real) I would not be surprised if they rushed out Legends Arceus as well. So for the people who are excited for Legends Arceus, I hope it ends up being good because I'm incredibly hesitant about that game as well.

Game Freak really needs to let these games bake because rushing them out is hurting the quality of their releases.

Edit: I hope the day one patch fixes BDSP because Sinnoh has a soft spot in my heart so to see it seemingly rushed out like this hurts a lot.

I know speculation is our whole deal but I really feel like we should wait until BDSP is actually out to make our sweeping dunks and cries of betrayal

possibly an unpopular opinion but shrug dot emoji

some deets on this pls? maybe spoilered?

my sisters are gonna get the games and I wanna warn them if it's gonna be bad

like don’t get me wrong it may have lots of issues in its “final” form too, but judging a leak or early release is a fool’s game and just a way to get worked up and angry about nothing. there are better sports than the cranky hole luge.

We go through this every single time with Pokemon.

On one hand, yes, the games probably lack content, possibly even rushed out a tad bit quickly. On the other side though, that narrative is usually exacerbated 100 fold by people who have a vendetta against the series because one tiny aspect wasn't to there liking.

I know speculation is our whole deal but I really feel like we should wait until BDSP is actually out to make our sweeping dunks and cries of betrayal

possibly an unpopular opinion but shrug dot emoji
Yeah. Looking at the leaks is one thing, but we're only getting snippets from random internet users. I'd rather wait until the game is in a larger amount of hands to make an actual conclusion on things.

like don’t get me wrong it may have lots of issues in its “final” form too, but judging a leak or early release is a fool’s game and just a way to get worked up and angry about nothing. there are better sports than the cranky hole luge.

Yea you are definitely right, but as a big fan of Gen 4, I'm kinda down rn. Not mad just disappointed and sad tbh.

I really do hope the patches help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom