• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so much cheaper to buy Nintendo games physically for me unless I buy from online resellers like CDKeys. Swiss prices on the eShop are garbage because they still use the insane conversion rate of like 1€ = 1,40 CHF when it's actually 1,06 CHF. Luckily, most of the time I don't actually need a digital copy because I like to share the games with my girlfriend and brother.

I buy digital at every opportunity - the vouchers (here in the UK at least) usually keep eShop pricing competitive. Plus I'm lazy, so there's that.

I’m probably gonna double dip and get BotW and NSMBUD physically because I’m a little piggie

Curse my irrational desire to have a physical Switch collection

I’m probably gonna double dip and get BotW and NSMBUD physically because I’m a little piggie

Curse my irrational desire to have a physical Switch collection
I'm considering doing the opposite. I have way too many physical Switch games (though it helps my wife and I share).

My 5 packs of new amiibo cards are waiting for me home, can't wait. Here's hoping for Shino and Tiansheng.
Happy to announce that I indeed got my most wanted, Shino !
Snapchat-134606330.jpg

She was in the last pack I opened lmao, I was shaking in anticipation lmao

Meh, those Black Friday Offerings from Nintendo aren't for me. Guess i have to wait for Christmas/ New Year.

Looking for Mario 3D Wörld, Age of Calamity, Animal Crossing or Bayonetta. Or some good Third Partie like Monster Hunter Rise or Crysis Trilogie for 40€.

I'm still trying to get rid of some of my physical games. Seeing Yoshi in the shelf upsets me but it's my girlfriend's copy. Gotta make her get her own shelf.

I'm obviously not really upset but my physical collection is in a constant fight with my dislike for clutter.

...Is it just me, or does Nintendo always have the same games for their big 1st party sales? Like, I'm pretty sure XBDE, Origami King, and Astral Chain are the only newcomers in that BF sale lol

...Is it just me, or does Nintendo always have the same games for their big 1st party sales? Like, I'm pretty sure XBDE, Origami King, and Astral Chain are the only newcomers in that BF sale lol
I mean, yea, bi-annual sales of their bigger titles from past years is their equivalent to nintendo selects now .

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive edition has been 40 for a while frequently.

Happen soon after launch as well. That’s how I got it so early.

Xenoblade 2 on the other hand took forever to even get a decent price drop

Capcom loves their double packs.

Though the sleeve for that Monster Hunter one isn't as neat as the Ace Attorney one that made it feel like a proper collection rather than a more budget release.

lmao that’s some DS-era “budget price version” box art right there. Someone post the Castlevania one
Happy to announce that I indeed got my most wanted, Shino !
Snapchat-134606330.jpg

She was in the last pack I opened lmao, I was shaking in anticipation lmao
I’ve got 5 packs total coming sometime in the next week to so (3 on Wednesday, 2 more whenever they get here). I can’t wait!

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive edition has been 40 for a while frequently.

Happen soon after launch as well. That’s how I got it so early.

Xenoblade 2 on the other hand took forever to even get a decent price drop

I'd love see the lifetime sales of XC2. I do feel Nintendo have protected it's value for many years. It doesn't get many discounts and has regularly sold for more than DE as far as I can tell.

I really wish this beautiful 2DS was a Black Friday deal in the UK, but IIRC it was exclusive to some store in the US. Probably hundreds of dollars now on an online auction website...

EDIT: it was ironically preloaded with a digital copy of OOT 3D on a console that couldn't do stereoscopic 3D. Still neat, though. I wonder if the Switch Lite will eventually go sub-£100 like the 2DS in a couple of years?

Last edited:
Damn Kingdom Hearts 3 is an ugly game.

I think the amount of detail and of course 60 fps makes KH3 looks really good on a technically level. But the art style didn't click with me. It looked very...CG to me which given the Disney movies featured in that game, it kind makes sense. But I preferred KH 1 and 2's more cartoonish looks better.

I'd love see the lifetime sales of XC2. I do feel Nintendo have protected it's value for many years. It doesn't get many discounts and has regularly sold for more than DE as far as I can tell.

XC2 is over 2m, and has been a steady seller. It's first few months were only a bit over 1m.

XCDE is over 1.5m, but was much more frontloaded.

Both are impressive figures. A lot of XC2 buyers showed up early for DE but as a remaster/remake it had a lower overall ceiling.

XC2 is over 2m, and has been a steady seller. It's first few months were only a bit over 1m.

XCDE is over 1.5m, but was much more frontloaded.

Both are impressive figures. A lot of XC2 buyers showed up early for DE but as a remaster/remake it had a lower overall ceiling.
Absolutely. 2.05m was the last official number we got for XC2.

I'm just surprised XC2 hasn't been more heavily discounted to shift more units (digitally, as it can be tricky to find a new physical edition nowadays). I'd love to see some new sales numbers in the lead up to XC3 or whatever the next project is.

It would be interesting to see if Smash gave the game a meaningful bump - I know there were stories about people struggling to find copies, but a chunk of that could be attributed to a relatively small print number. I doubt Nintendo made that many copies of XC2, given the pedigree of the series.

I'm just intrigued. I've given up ever finding out how Torna did outside of Takahashi saying that it was doing better than he expected shortly after release.

And just to add, I say 'surprised' - but I'm not, this is Nintendo we're talking about. It's just interesting to see Nintendo protect the value of such a niche game over a long period of time.

Besides NSMB and Paper Mario, I already own all the Switch games getting a price drop....well, except Mario Kart Live.

Is it time....

Aren't the sales over 2 million?

Might get Fire Emblem: Three Houses at the holiday discount price. My sister has been wanting that for ages.

Also, add to to the camp that loves Dread's boss fights! The final boss in particular was that special blend of challenging but learnable that I haven't seen in a long while.

Besides NSMB and Paper Mario, I already own all the Switch games getting a price drop....well, except Mario Kart Live.

Is it time....

Aren't the sales over 2 million?

Yep, 2.05m as of June 2020 I believe. But XC2 has been a steady seller, and after renewed interest in the game due to Smash, I'd love to know where it's at now. More just as a big fan, than anything else.

It could well be at 2.2/2.3m. What does that mean? Nothing. But it's just nice to see a relatively small franchise grow - and more importantly, it's nice to see the bosses shout about it.

That said, given the time between XC2 and whatever Monolith Soft are working on now, my hope is we're seeing that success reflected in the next game. A bigger budget, more time, etc.

But still... as a fan, it's just nice to hear that something you care about is doing well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom