• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think this is a fairly balanced take, but it's then odd that they don't mention the $4 billion of extra investment Nintendo have planned across all the major areas of their business. It's clear challenges remain despite the extraordinary success of Switch - but it's also the case that Nintendo are prepared to be proactive.

I think this is a fairly balanced take, but it's then odd that they don't mention the $4 billion of extra investment Nintendo have planned across all the major areas of their business. It's clear challenges remain despite the extraordinary success of Switch - but it's also the case that Nintendo are prepared to be proactive.
It's also not surprising - despite how well the Switch is doing, it's getting old enough at this point that investors are going to be pressuring Nintendo about what's next until it's revealed. And while I certainly don't think Switch is dying anytime soon, that pressure is just going to keep growing the longer it takes for a Pro/Switch2/whatever to be shown off.

Now I'm not sure Nintendo really cares too much about all that, and we'll learn what's coming next in due time, of course.

It is weird that Game Pass as a successful disruptor is taken for granted though. Microsoft has yet to prove that the Game Pass model really works, and they in fact missed their internal target and haven't publicly reported the number of subscribers. Meanwhile both Sony and Nintendo are literally more profitable than ever.

Done with super Mario Sunshine for the challenge (thank god) now the wait for gta and SMT5 begins.

Maybe I will still play something short till then or just a bit of mario party superstars.
I’m nearing the end of Sunshine, also for the badge. I’ve got less than twenty required shines left, and I do not feel guilty one bit about using a guide so I can get through this abomination as quickly as possible. Is Corona Mountain as awful as it seems? I’m honestly dreading it.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Mods! Mods come quick!!!!

It is weird that Game Pass as a successful disruptor is taken for granted though. Microsoft has yet to prove that the Game Pass model really works, and they in fact missed their internal target and haven't publicly reported the number of subscribers. Meanwhile both Sony and Nintendo are literally more profitable than ever.
Microsoft will do fine with it. I think the issue is that games are really fucking expensive. hitting the breakeven in terms of game cost and dev payout might be far away, but the concept works

I’m nearing the end of Sunshine, also for the badge. I’ve got less than twenty required shines left, and I do not feel guilty one bit about using a guide so I can get through this abomination as quickly as possible. Is Corona Mountain as awful as it seems? I’m honestly dreading it.

Mods! Mods come quick!!!!
I AM THE MODS

Microsoft will do fine with it. I think the issue is that games are really fucking expensive. hitting the breakeven in terms of game cost and dev payout might be far away, but the concept works

The thing that's going to hit hard for people is when Microsoft switches gear like Netflix has. Eventually every game is going to be judged on the engagement metrics and stuff is going to get dropped, games cancelled, possibly even studios shut when they don't reach those targets.

The thing that's going to hit hard for people is when Microsoft switches gear like Netflix has. Eventually every game is going to be judged on the engagement metrics and stuff is going to get dropped, games cancelled, possibly even studios shut when they don't reach those targets.
that or pump out tons of short form content

So this is how democracy dies
..with thunderous applause.
evangelion-neon-genesis-evangelion.gif

I used a guide in that hotel level. It just felt awful. Corona Mountain I got in the second try but it was close... This boat is just a pain in the ass.

Have we heard anything else about Mass Effect on Switch? I was kind of hoping for a surprise N7 day announcement or tease.

Last concert on Feb 27, 2020 (The Glorious Sons) and tonight is Bleachers

It will be extremely cathartic screaming the chorus to I WANNA GET BETTER
Have fun!

I went to see Dave Matthews Band in September, which was my first show since seeing Coheed and Cambria in February 2019. That was a long time between concerts!

I have been to one concert in my entire life. It was not a cool one, but I absolutely loved it. A Mannheim Steamroller group came to my university for a Christmas concert and opened with this:

Those who know me know that I love electronic music, and I think that started in part because of my childhood exposure to Mannheim Steamroller Christmas music. That concert got me into the rest of Fresh Aire, and now I have another lame old man music discography to add to my collection.

Xenoblade 2 mobile port. but you have an even worse time trying to pull Kos Mos

also, it runs at a higher resolution than the switch version

I have been to one concert in my entire life. It was not a cool one, but I absolutely loved it. A Mannheim Steamroller group came to my university for a Christmas concert and opened with this:

Those who know me know that I love electronic music, and I think that started in part because of my childhood exposure to Mannheim Steamroller Christmas music. That concert got me into the rest of Fresh Aire, and now I have another lame old man music discography to add to my collection.

Yessssss moar RaccoonTunes™!

I was thinking about going to a concert event recently, but that whole Astroworld situation makes me not want to go to any concerts ever. What a shitshow.

My last concert was Paul McCartney in may 2019. Had tickets to Guns N’ Roses this past September but sold my tickets since it didn’t seem like a great idea to be in an arena. Have tickets to a couple things next year and can’t wait for that.

I was mad about the Era situation but the truth is I hate sales

armchair devs suck but armchair businessmen are even worse
Hey man, I just like guessing numbers and being wrong by large margins
even Linus Tech Tips said Nintendo needs DLSS

oh boy, can't wait for that Steam Deck video

5616.jpg
LTT's Nintendo takes are exactly what you'd expect from PC-centric gamers, down to calling Nintendo tone-deaf in the most recent WAN show over the Team Xecuter news because... people are only pirating Nintendo games because their retro offerings suck, apparently. Nevermind that the issue with Xecuter's stuff was that it was a product line to assist in pirating new Switch games, not old stuff.

They also framed to it as punishing the homebrew community when even they didn't like those guys. Xecuter's following was specifically pirates because that's who they targeted. Actual homebrew devs work with SciresM's stuff, who is very much not in any legal trouble with Nintendo.

TL;DR LTT isn't informed on Nintendo stuff and doesn't try to be (and they admit it).

Used to see bands all the time when I lved in the states. My last concert was Shonen Knife, an all girl Japanese punk band. I actually saw them before moving to Japan lol. Have yet to go to a show here.
Actually no, just remembered I saw a live Splatoon concert at the Nintendo Expo in 2019.

Gotta say the Switch has the most diverse lineup of games since the PS2. You have family friendly games like Animal Crossing and then a game like NMH3 and now GTA. It's especially funny because people call the Switch "kiddie" but it's just for everyone.

Sylux coming back in prime 4. Wonder what kind of upgrades he will have
Admittedly I haven’t played Prime 2 and 3, and I don’t know who Sylux is. But even granting that he’s a big bad who can challenge Samus, when will Prime 4 take place? The Prime trilogy happens between 1 and 2 I thought. If 4 also takes place before 2 then Dread hasn’t happened yet obviously.

How the hell could anything possibly pose a threat to Samus after Dread tho
The same way stuff posed a threat to her in Dread after all her ass-kicking in Super and Fusion: something happens and her powers get taken away. Ta-daaa~

How the hell could anything possibly pose a threat to Samus after Dread tho
Samus is sipping a Mai Tai on the paradise planet Tropicalico 388 to celebrate another job well done when a coconut bonks here on the head causing her to lose both her memories and all her powers. Oh No! Samus has to go on an epic quest to recover her memory. We flash back to points throughout her life, notably when the taste of a madeleine dipped in tea sends her back to childhood.
Metroid 6: À la recherche du temps perdu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom