• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How's everyone dealing with the fact that Infinity Strash might have a better soundtrack than DQXII? 👀
Still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that they invented the word "strash" as a portmanteau of slash and strike.

I can't even begin to think about the music until I've mentally dealt with that.

Hope all my fellow Americans remember to change their clocks* back.

*The ones not connected to smart devices that do this automatically.

Pottering about my AC island gradually rearranging things is really lovely, especially on a Sunday when I'm knackered, but I really wish I could move more than one building per day.

Went over to the other place to take a peek and the first thing I saw was that thread on GTA trilogy Switch screenshots. I’m glad we can hang out somewhere else now.

I haven't been paying attention to the GTA ports but I have lost all frame of reference for whether a Switch game looks bad or not because it gets said about everything now lol
It's just a ps2 remaster, why would there be major graphical differences between the consoles. I feel like switch would run it just as good as anything

Went over to the other place to take a peek and the first thing I saw was that thread on GTA trilogy Switch screenshots. I’m glad we can hang out somewhere else now.
Ack, I got tempted and had a look. What a bunch of whiners. I will personally reserve judgement until the game is out, but it looks fine to me. Not my cup of tea but my partner is looking forward to this.

Blurry af. Looks like a 240p YouTube vid.

Just putting a kindly but firm reminder here that commenting on the discourse of 'The Other Place' isn't really something we want to be doing here.

It keeps happening and it doesn't really contribute anything to discussion, other than criticism of a different community on a different forum. I think commenting on media and social media discourses around Switch is a very different dynamic to picking up what's being said back over on Resetera - the former is more like us engaging with the public sphere of discussion around Switch and gaming.

The latter means, regardless of whether it's intended maliciously or not, we're picking on what individual users in another forum are saying. Would any of us like it if our views were being mocked, or disparaged, or seen as exhausting, or generalised, over on Resetera? Maybe that does happen, but I don't really care.

The idea here is we have a more welcoming environment and a less divisive and toxic discourse than is the norm in other online spaces. That's tough, partially because of how conditioned we all are by the norms of the internet, but continually bringing up what 'Era' says about a particular topic is very much against the spirit of this forum.

Let's avoid that.

I'll just say this about the old place: Famiboards has a more robust sales community than the old place, and I intend to do my part to keep that way. Let them think what they want about our favorite tablet gaming system, we'll have the last laugh as it passes PS4 in lifetime sales.

I felt a bit low - so I bought vidyagames. It's how I work.

Dying Light
Sayonara Wildheart
Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer
Wargroove - Deluxe Edition

Sayonara Wildheart I've played before but wanted a physical copy of it. Rest is new territory for me.

Why can I not just enjoy this new board in peace without someone inadvertently bringing up "old place says X"? It does not serve any meaningful discussion. More than that, it is not healthy. It's like constantly checking what your ex is doing after you broke up with them of your own volition.

Except in this case it's more that some people around me keep going "Wow, your ex just said X and is doing Y, isn't that shitty?" every couple of days. Like, yeah, I know. But I thought I had left that behind me. Let it go. Hell, keep following all that if you want, just stop bringing it in here.

/rant

Just putting a kindly but firm reminder here that commenting on the discourse of 'The Other Place' isn't really something we want to be doing here.

It keeps happening and it doesn't really contribute anything to discussion, other than criticism of a different community on a different forum. I think commenting on media and social media discourses around Switch is a very different dynamic to picking up what's being said back over on Resetera - the former is more like us engaging with the public sphere of discussion around Switch and gaming.

The latter means, regardless of whether it's intended maliciously or not, we're picking on what individual users in another forum are saying. Would any of us like it if our views were being mocked, or disparaged, or seen as exhausting, or generalised, over on Resetera? Maybe that does happen, but I don't really care.

The idea here is we have a more welcoming environment and a less divisive and toxic discourse than is the norm in other
Good post. everyone liked that
I'll just say this about the old place: Famiboards has a more robust sales community than the old place, and I intend to do my part to keep that way. Let them think what they want about our favorite tablet gaming system, we'll have the last laugh as it passes PS4 in lifetime sales.
Nah console wars are lame

Cute.
Console wars

I was mad about the Era situation but the truth is I hate sales

armchair devs suck but armchair businessmen are even worse

one of my favorite movies of all time which I think says a lot about me
Same here. I remember seeing it as a teenager and most of my classmates related to Ferris and how spontaneous and rebellious he was, but I was the lone guy who argued the movie was really about Cameron. That performance just hooked me.

You're right, they are. The Switches LTD numbers have nothing to do with how we have enjoyed the games on it.
Considering some of my favorite gaming experiences have been on WiiU, you're absolutely right that enjoyment has nothing to do with sales.

Last edited:
I’m gonna make my own Sin & Punishment board with myself as its only admin, mod and member.

I’d have to permaban myself for preferring to play it with the Pro controller though.

Same here. I remember seeing it as a teenager and most of my classmates related to Ferris and how spontaneous and rebellious he was, but I was the lone guy who argued the movie was really about Cameron. That performance just hooked me.

Considering some of my favorite gaming experiences have been on WiiU, you're absolutely right that enjoyment has nothing to do with sales.
Cameron is such an incredible character, 10/10

I have no idea how I ever learned of that originally but it's like, engrained into my memory. I wouldn't think to NOT look there, it's like checking for invisible blocks or something.
it’s somewhat subtle, but once you get ten stars it starts glowing in a way that it wasn’t before. That’s what made me look up when I was a kid, at least.

I love the anime so if the gameplay is good I’m in
I don’t know why I thought this comment was about Grand Theft Auto but I had a great time with the alternate universe where that was true

Do you ever stop and think that you are lucky enough to live exactly at the perfect time to experience the greatness of Nia from Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

CG5qHkF.gif

Which then splinters because fan of each game are at each other's throats.

The weirdest split being people who prefer the 3DS version of the first game.
I would be curious to see where the people who played the entirety of the game on the WiiU gamepad would stand on the matter.

Do you ever stop and think that you are lucky enough to live exactly at the perfect time to experience the greatness of Nia from Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

CG5qHkF.gif
I googled for gifs of Pandoria to counter you, and google's still mostly giving me pictures of Nia as a result. What the helll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom